All reviewsguest houseair conchang beerbasic roomdvd playerbook toursmemorable staymain buildingno elevatorpatong beachsuitenoiseaccommassagephuketmildewrates
Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

In have stayed 4 nights in the guesthouse and was not much impressed as I have stayed in many gay hotels across the world !
The way to rooms is filthy . Rooms are small and old .
The sauna stinks and needs a repair !

The massage service is worst !!
Go only if you fancy living in a gay hotel .

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Raj G
Paul V, Owner at Aquarius Gay Guesthouse and Sauna, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2017

I am sorry to learn you were not fully satisfied of your 3 nights stay.
However, I think it is not fair that you call a 23-25 m2 room which just has been refurbished a month before your stay, a small and old room. Don't forget you booked one of our cheapest room categories. I recommend you to book one of our Suites or Apartment Suites for your next stay. I am sure they will meet your expectations.

Reviewed 2 December 2016

Though the building looks old from the outside, the room is quite nice. It was clean and tidy. Love the very big windows of my corner room. Gym is ok, pretty old equipment but just enough for good workout. And you can exercise shirtless there. Sauna area is pretty small, but they have everything you need included steam, sauna room and jacuzzi with shower area and locker room. Rooftop is clothing optional area where you can have sunbath. Unfortunately at time I visited half of the area of rooftop was under renovated. Hope next time I visit it'll be opened. Staffs are nice, cute and friendly. The only con for me is that it's in the very center of the market and nightlife area of Patong. I mean the first hawker is just one step from guesthouse's entrance. A bit too close, and I felt less privacy.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Paul V, Owner at Aquarius Gay Guesthouse and Sauna, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2016

Dear Armshow,

thank you very much for your review, which is much appreciated.
It always gives a good feeling to know that our guests enjoyed their stay and were fully satisfied. This means that the efforts of our team all year around to try to make everything perfect and to make our guests feel happy and as comfortable as at their own home are recognized and appreciated by our guests. Hoping to see you soon again.

Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed there for three nights Thanksgiving week and couldn't be happier. We opted for a suite since the price was still a fraction of what we would pay for a room in the states, and were very happy with everything. I'm not sure why people have given this place bad reviews unless they are comparing it to American standards, but that is an unfair comparison.

The entire staff was very friendly and helpful, and made arrangements for our travel around the island. The location was perfect and we would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Paul V, Owner at Aquarius Gay Guesthouse and Sauna, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

Dear R,

thank you very much for spending your time to write your nice review, which is much appreciated. I think your review is a genuine description of what we offer our guests.
Hoping to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

These guys were so helpful to us. Anytime we needed a driver for sightseeing or other, they lined up right away. The place is clean and very reasonably priced. They have free breakfast. Any other time, you can purchase food off the menu for very cheap. They have a nice bar area. The property also has a workout facility and in door pool. They typically have a hottub on the room and sunbathing. However, there is construction Goin on so the hottub is closed & there is little space available on the roof for sunbathing right now. Only drawback to the hotel is no elevator. But, the employees gladly hoist your. As up the stairs. I recommend.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear J,

thank you very much for spending your time to write your nice review, which is much appreciated. It always is a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay and were fully satisfied. This means that the efforts of our whole team all year around to try to make everything perfect and to make our guests feel happy and feel as comfortable as at home have their effects and are appreciated by our guests.
I would like to apologize for the renovations of the sunroof, which should have been finished before the start of the high season, but this is Thailand. However, the wood has been delivered today, so I hope it will be finally finished by the end of this week or at latest the first week of December 2016. Hoping to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

Not what I expected, did not spend much time in the room as it was drab, blah zero decor. Bathroom dirty, and bed linen seemed clean but looked well used. I would not stay here again.
Staff is good, but knowledge of English is very very limited so very hard to get information.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank nick g
Paul V, Owner at Aquarius Gay Guesthouse and Sauna, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2016

Dear Mr. N,

I am sorry to learn you were not fully satisfied about your room, apparently due to a lack of decoration in your opinion.
Please note that we are not and that we don't advertise as a 5 star boutique hotel.
The room type you had chosen is one of our cheapest categories at less than 40 USD in high season including breakfast and sauna/ fitness entrance. Seen the cheap rates we offer these Superior rooms, we can't offer the same style as 5 star hotels do for a much higher rate.
Nevertheless and for your information, we also offer larger (but also more expensive) Penthouse rooms, Suites and Apartment Suites, which are decorated in a more luxury, fancy and personalized style. I think those will perfectly fit your needs.
Therefore I invite you to book one of our more luxury and personalized rooms/ suites on your next stay.
Concerning your remark about staff's language skills: same as in most other Asian and also European countries, English is not their native language. But they still try to do their best.