All reviewsguest houseair conchang beerbasic roomdvd playerbook toursmemorable staymain buildingno elevatorpatong beachsuitenoiseaccommassagephuketmildewrates
Reviewed 14 January 2017

I had recently visited Aquarius and kept coming back almost every day. First of all the masseurs are quite professionals the massage is fantastic, the price is very reasonable and the facility is very well kept. highly recommended. Great job guys thanks

Room Tip: Next time I will stay at their hotel too; I just went for the massage
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank montanasinger
Paul V, Owner at Aquarius Gay Guesthouse and Sauna, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2017

Dear M,
thank you very much for your review. It always is a pleasure to know that customers enjoyed and appreciated our service and efforts.
Hope to see you again on your next trip to Phuket.
Warm regards from all Aquarius team.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

Totally not as advertised, very over priced, trading on being the only gay sauna in Phuket, stayed 2 nights, the TV broke and no repair made, its high season and the place was not full, the facility was filthy, the outdoor jacuzzi was green, the jacuzzi outside steam room was cloudy and smelled of urine, sad really could be a nice place but very poorly managed

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ClintS288
Paul V, Owner at Aquarius Gay Guesthouse and Sauna, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2017

I am sorry to hear you were not fully satisfied about your stay, but as I understood this was mostly because of the "high" rate.
You should not forget you booked the cheapest available room category but were expecting a large room with 5 star service, for example the fresh towels you requested several times a day. If you say we are very overpriced, I have to strictly contradict you. You only paid a little over 40 USD during our peak season, this including full American breakfast, sauna and fitness for two persons. These 3 inclusions in the room rate already make half of the room rate and you of course can find cheaper rooms in other guesthouses which don't offer these inclusions.
Your LED-TV worked perfectly with 70 channels, so I am wondering why you mention it wasn't working.
You might have noticed while your stay that we had 3 days of strong rain in a row and in these circumstances nobody of course uses the sundeck and Jacuzzi and that's why we didn't change the Jacuzzi water, which under normal sunny circumstances is changed at least once a day.
Last but not least, I am the manager/ owner since almost 12 years and around 70% of our guests are regular guests, most of them also since many years. I can assure you that we wouldn't have received our TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016 if everything is how you try to describe us.

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

In have stayed 4 nights in the guesthouse and was not much impressed as I have stayed in many gay hotels across the world !
The way to rooms is filthy . Rooms are small and old .
The sauna stinks and needs a repair !

The massage service is worst !!
Go only if you fancy living in a gay hotel .

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Raj G
Paul V, Owner at Aquarius Gay Guesthouse and Sauna, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2017

I am sorry to learn you were not fully satisfied of your 3 nights stay.
However, I think it is not fair that you call a 23-25 m2 room which just has been refurbished a month before your stay, a small and old room. Don't forget you booked one of our cheapest room categories. I recommend you to book one of our Suites or Apartment Suites for your next stay. I am sure they will meet your expectations.

Reviewed 2 December 2016

Though the building looks old from the outside, the room is quite nice. It was clean and tidy. Love the very big windows of my corner room. Gym is ok, pretty old equipment but just enough for good workout. And you can exercise shirtless there. Sauna area is pretty small, but they have everything you need included steam, sauna room and jacuzzi with shower area and locker room. Rooftop is clothing optional area where you can have sunbath. Unfortunately at time I visited half of the area of rooftop was under renovated. Hope next time I visit it'll be opened. Staffs are nice, cute and friendly. The only con for me is that it's in the very center of the market and nightlife area of Patong. I mean the first hawker is just one step from guesthouse's entrance. A bit too close, and I felt less privacy.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Paul V, Owner at Aquarius Gay Guesthouse and Sauna, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2016

Dear Armshow,

thank you very much for your review, which is much appreciated.
It always gives a good feeling to know that our guests enjoyed their stay and were fully satisfied. This means that the efforts of our team all year around to try to make everything perfect and to make our guests feel happy and as comfortable as at their own home are recognized and appreciated by our guests. Hoping to see you soon again.

Warm regards from all Aquarius team,
Paul.

Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed there for three nights Thanksgiving week and couldn't be happier. We opted for a suite since the price was still a fraction of what we would pay for a room in the states, and were very happy with everything. I'm not sure why people have given this place bad reviews unless they are comparing it to American standards, but that is an unfair comparison.

The entire staff was very friendly and helpful, and made arrangements for our travel around the island. The location was perfect and we would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Paul V, Owner at Aquarius Gay Guesthouse and Sauna, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

Dear R,

thank you very much for spending your time to write your nice review, which is much appreciated. I think your review is a genuine description of what we offer our guests.
It always is a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay and were fully satisfied. This means that the efforts of our whole team all year around to try to make everything perfect and to make our guests feel happy and feel as comfortable as at home have their effects and are appreciated by our guests.
Hoping to see you again in the near future.

Warm regards from all Aquarius team,