“Wonderful experience”

Royal Prince Residence
Ranked #51 of 232 Speciality Lodging in Patong
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

A nice hotel..homely, perfect for a family.The staff has been excellent..especially Mio..he would always help to caary the baby pram till the first floor and would always greet with a smile.The housecleaning was very good..they would even clean the dishes..our room 21 was quite big & the kids loved it.
The l

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kutai

Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Firstly, the images on the booking websites are far more flattering than the rooms suggest. The lack of comprehension of English by unfriendly staff is the worst I have ever encounted in over 25 years of traveling. The location of this hotel is in a rat infested back alley way. The owner manger Wade has no idea of customer service or how to greet paying guest. Continuously asking staff to provide basic things like bottled water and toilet paper as this is included on the accommodation price. All in all a holiday to forget a terrible experience. Do tousled a favor give this hotel a miss and enjoy your holiday.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Luciano V
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We are a group of 6 people.

I've made 2 separate bookings with them. 1 on 11th and another on 12th. I told the receptionist that I've made 2 days booking and we would like to stay in the same room for 2 days. They rejected my request because all rooms are fully booked (until now, I'm still wonder why we can't use the same room, can't they reschedule the tomorrow-group and swap the room with us).

The location of the hotel is kinda remote. it is not locate on the main road, instead a narrow, dead-end road. it took a while for my driver to find the hotel. It's quite far from the beach and popular place. Around 10-15 min walking to the Jungceylon Mall. There's is a nice pool on the main entrance which made us fell better.

The room is only with one toilet (no complain as it stated while I book that, I've missed that). the arrangement of the bed looks a bit weird for me. It's a 2 floors room, 1st floor with a king size bed, toilet, kitchen, 2nd floor with 1 king size bed in the middle and 1 single bed each on left and right side of the king size bed. Above of both single bed, the ceiling is quite low, you need to wake up carefully so that you don't hit the ceiling (The ceiling is triangle shape, that's why low on both side).

Both single bed is not comfortable, I can feel the spring of the bed! Besides, there is only a very thin quilt available for each bed, I wouldn't said it's a quilt because it is as thin as bed sheet. I felt very cold at night (some of us need air-cond, some of us didn't, that's why we don't switch it off).

Then, the room has no phone in the room to call for room service, When we found that there's no hair dryer, we need to walk down (we stay at level 3, no lift) and ask for it then come back up again.

On the 2nd day, we need to go out to have a tour, we've packed everything and the staff told us that they will transfer it to the new room. When we come back at around 2pm, the new room is yet to be cleaned up (and we cant go back to the old room). The weather is quite hot on that day and the reception counter is open area (no air-cond). We are not the only group that was waiting to be checked in. The staff told me to wait around 10 min, but end up, we wait for around 45 min.

Before we go in to the new room, I told the staff that we need to get our luggage, he said will bring to us shortly. But after waiting for 20 min, nothing happen, I guess probably we have a different understanding on "shortly". Then, my friend and I walk to the reception again, asking for our luggage. This time, there are 2 other guys (look like manager or owner), they are kind enough to help us carry our luggage to our room. However, this doesn't change my reviews toward the hotel.

Overall, I don't recommend this hotel for staying because of its location and services.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank chyBie
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I went to Patong for a week with 3 friends and didn't know what to expect. At first I was a little sketched out by the location but soon I realized that it was in the best spot; away from the loud night life but still a short walk from Bangla road and all that Patong has to offer. We were all very impressed with the 2 bedroom condo that we stayed in. The layout was perfect and spacious and it was cleaned very well every day. The service was outstanding and catered to our every need including bike rental, calling tuk tuk drivers, and arranging transportation to and from the airport. There was no food provided but it would have been redundant due to all the amazing restaurants a stones throw away. All in all the Royal Prince Residence was an outstanding place to stay, I would recommend it to anyone, and I will definitely be staying there again next time I go back.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

No welcoming hello from the reception upon arrival, and long faces from the staff our whole stay. There was confusion with our booking, be very careful as 'Mr.Fred' is not comprehensive in English and will give you inaccurate information.
'Wade' the hotel manager was more interested in having is feet up on the front desk rather than greeting people or being accommodating in any way. I wouldn't recommend this place to my enemies, a horrible and sour experience.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael V
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We had for 3 people a huge 2 stores duplex with 3 big beds, the apartment was huge which made it such a pity to have such a small bathroom with all that space! Cleaness was ok, location hard to find and quiet a walk in the traffic to get to bangla road or the beach. Definately overpriced! We found a 4star hotel right at the beach for 1000 baht less per night. It was okay for 3-4 days but you can definately find better and even save money

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

We stay here on 15&16 dec. Good location and quiet because it is behind the main road. But it seems the place is under new ownership. Due to some road closure, it was difficult to find this place. We try to call up the hotel unfortunately the contact no in website is outdated. The hotel staff are not helpful, they unsure when we asked for direction in town and even cannot recommend a place to eat. The room is big and reasonably clean. But the furnishing is a bit old.

• Stayed: December 2013