“Great Resort in a Prime Location”
Review of Burasari Resort

Burasari Resort
Ranked #9 of 327 Hotels in Patong
South Florida
“Great Resort in a Prime Location”
Reviewed 4 June 2011

I would definitely stay at this hotel again and hope to sooner rather than later. I booked a discounted special that included breakfast. I’ve stayed at other hotels where I was treated like a “discount customer”. But here I was not. When I got to the hotel, I was bumped up to the next level room, and to say it was generously sized is quite a bit of an understatement—especially in Asia where space tends to be condensed quite a bit from what most Westerners are accustomed. I was one person and had a king bed and a daybed. The room was fabulous, had a pool view, and a huge balcony with two comfy chairs in which I spent quite a bit of time lounging. There was also a large flat screen television, a vanity, a full sized dresser, a desk, and a bathtub. The bathroom did have the open design that’s kind of characteristic of hotels in Thailand, but it also had shutters that could close it off somewhat. Still, for a family or anyone who prefers privacy in the bathroom, it might not be the most desirable arrangement. But, like I said, it’s pretty standard of Thai hotels, so I guess a similar arrangement could be expected at most hotels in the area. I love really firm beds, so I was elated by the bed. But those who prefer softer sleeping surfaces may find it a bit too firm. The mini bar is included in the price of every room. It’s really nothing to write home about—a few soft drinks, a beer or two, some chips, and Oreos--but it makes for great refreshments to toss into your beach bag.

I’ve stayed in a lot of hotels with paper thin walls, but the walls absorb quite a bit of noise in this hotel. I heard nothing of either of the rooms next to me. I could occasionally hear housekeeping carts rolling down the hallway outside my room, primarily when I had my television off. I was pleasantly surprised to find that even though my room was next to the elevator, I heard no noise from that. I’ve stayed in rooms next to elevators in other hotels in which I’ve suffered sleepless nights from the constant noise of the dings and people shuffling on and off. But I heard nothing here. I must say that noise from the pool does carry somewhat when you’re sitting out on the balcony, so if you’re wanting peace and quiet while sitting outside, you might not get it. But when I was in my room with my patio doors shut, I couldn’t hear anything from the pool area. With this hotel positioned at the intersection of two busy roads, I expected to hear a lot more traffic than I did. Perhaps it’s because my room was more toward the back of the hotel or maybe the courtyard style of the pool area blocks the noise from the street, but I heard very little reminiscent of traffic when sitting outside. Late at night, music sometimes carried from the local outdoor bars, but not to levels that I found intrusive. I’ve read other reviews complaining of mosquitoes. I don’t know if I just wasn’t there during mosquito season or if mosquitoes don’t like me, but I encountered none.

The location of this hotel couldn’t be better. It’s right in the middle of everything. If it takes you a full minute to walk to the beach, it’s only because you have to wait to cross the main road due to traffic. Otherwise, it’s a straight walk, probably not more than a few hundred feet. The breakfast buffet is more than adequate, although go early if you don’t like crowds. The restaurant is also partially outdoors and if it rains, as it did during my stay, it can get kind of wet. The food is protected, but skipping over puddles on a wooden floor and getting dripped on as you pass through archways can somewhat ruin the ambiance of an otherwise beautiful restaurant.

I thought the beach bag with the towels the hotel supplied was a nice touch and the toiletries are not in tiny bottles but fair sized containers. I loved the shampoo so much that if it wasn’t for the 3 ounce/100 ml liquids rule that the airlines have these days, I would have taken it with me when I left. I also enjoyed the bathrobe and slippers, although those are pretty standard fair at most nicer hotels.

I found the staff to be a little inconsistent. Some of them can seem a bit aloof, but I’m convinced that this is due more to difficulties with language barriers than any real intent to be inattentive, as those staff members who spoke English somewhat fluently were more than friendly and helpful. The spa prices are very good as far as spas attached to resorts go. If you’re willing to take a short walk and don’t mind sacrificing atmosphere for value, you can get services that are just as good for about half the price at several places along the main strip. But if convenience and mood are important to you, you could certainly utilize the Burasari spa services without feeling guilty about what you’re doing to your bank account balance. A half day of first rate services there costs approximately $125 U.S., which is expensive for Thailand but a bargain to anyone used to paying spa prices in the States. Three hours of services for less than $100 U.S. feels like a steal.

I have only one minor complaint about this hotel and it is a very minor one. I found the placement of the outlets in the room a bit inconvenient. There was one next to the desk in my room, which made sense and was perfect for plugging in my laptop. However, there was a vanity on the other side of the room that I would have loved to have used, but there wasn’t an outlet in sight to plug in my curling iron nor was there was there one in the bathroom. So I had to plug the curling iron in by the desk, which is on the opposite side of the room from any of the mirrors. Like I said, minor and definitely not a deal breaker but a tad frustrating, nonetheless.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Just4Fun1103

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (774)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Im 17 and stayed at the Burasari with my mum, friend and twin sister. WOW this is a great hotel, i couldnt say enough about it 2 minute walk to the main Patong beach, less than 10 minute walk to bangla and a little more to jungceylon shopping mall. The staff here are soo friendly and helpfull, especially Tum at reception, he is very funny. as i said we were there for thai new year (worlds biggest water fight/48 hour party) everyone got into the celebrations with water guns buckets of water and colored powder, the atmosphere was amazing. The rooms, no matter if its the basic or most expensive are all extremly clean, modern, bright and spacious with a mini fridge stocked ever morning with cans of drink and water all free of charge. complimentary breakfast is great and there is a seven eleven right next door and supermarket just aroung the corner. The burasari is in a great location within the heart of patong and i couldnt think of anything negative to say about it besides i wish i didnt have to leave. My sister and i are going back next year for thai new year again in april and will deffinatly stay here again. For any other info, feel free to email me on loz_roxy_94@hotmail.com

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ClaireAussie
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 1 June 2011

The hotel is lovely...we love the feeling of jumping into the pool right from our balcony. Every single night we stayed at Burasari we felt like home especially when we came back from the long day trip. The food there mmmmmm we love it. The simple but comfy restaurant made us feel relax and enjoyed the food..we will defenitely go back there

Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank MafiMee
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Patong can be quite crazy at times - great for a party scene and great beach. Burasari is great if you're looking to relax and take advantage of an incredible hotel. The pools are lovely, just like the pictures on the website. The juice bar, salad joint, and restaurant/bar at the hotel are awesome - I didn't want to eat anywhere else. I took advantage of the spa and its the best I've been to in Thailand - very professional and courteous. The rooms are immaculately decorated and I enjoy hanging out on my terrace reading my book admiring the garden/pools area. Don't look further in Patong!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kokonuts1313
KhaoLak
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Stayed for 4 nights at the Burasari over May Bank holiday and really liked the resort and location....just next to the huge holiday inn that is there and you just cross the road to get to the beach. its difficult to find a good hotel near / on the beach in Patong as it is quite a busy place but the Burasari was well positioned and not right in the centre of all the nightlife but just a 200 metre walk to main street with restaurants and shops. The hotel is / has been under some refurbishment but we stayed in the Premier Wing which was very clean and spacious, we tried the spa out twice and Nina was great there and we will try to go back...Toon who looks after the front desk was a great help pointing us in the right direction and gave us a lovely farewell on check out too and we promised to come back. over all great value for what you pay here. we had the breakfast daily which is very fresh and good selection of western dishes an ate next to the pool two times but didnt eat in the rest at night as we tended to head out into town. Thanks Burasari!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Livinbanniang
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 24 May 2011

The hotel looks ok it's two buildings one old and one new our room was in the old one. The bed is full of small bugs and when we woke up we were biten several times. The worst was when i was having a shawer a cockroache was on the wall yuk.
If we leave the bugs aside the hotel is managed by a group of young girls and young bell boys there wasnt any manager or grown up, you dont feel your in a hotel the bell boy talks with the receptionests and when he toke us to our room he saw the cleaning lady and talked to her about us in their language. I just didnt feel respected or safe especially in using the safty box. I felt that it's not safe and there is no one old enough to manage the place.
I read a coment in a reservation site the person said that they talked behind thier backs and i regret that i havent toke her advise.
There are better hotels pay more for the cleaness and respect and safty especially in Thailand

• Stayed May 2011
4 Thank Nuha123
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 23 May 2011

The hotel is beautiful and very good. Charming, great room beautifully decorated and
comfortable, breakfast delicious. Staff polite and great breakfast. Swimming pool and delicious bar. The night has a gig in typical restaurant with several male dancers and dancers with costumes beautifull. Cross the street and is already on the beach and close to the ballads. Ocean blue and white sands. Daily cheap for what it offers.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple