“The Burasari Rocks!!!!”
Review of Burasari Resort

Burasari Resort
Ranked #6 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 9 June 2011

I absolutely love the Burasari!!!! Have stayed at many hotels but Burasari is definitely right up there at the top. The hotel is fabulous and the staff is unbelievably amazing.They even gave me a cake on my birthday, what a lovely surprise that was. They made our stay a really happy one. Was feeling gutted when we had to leave...suppose we'll have to go back again...and again...and again :)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,322)

Reviewed 9 June 2011

We stayed for a week and really enjoyed ourselves. It is in a great location and is a perfect way to experience Patong in a luxurious yet affordable way. The rooms were clean and air conditioned. Also, I am a big towel nut and I can confirm that both the beach towels and bathroom towels were top notch.

Burasari has a great dining option called Naughty Radish as well. they serve fresh salads which is near impossible to find in Patong. Seems like all the other places are focused on unhealthy foods. These guys do it right...totally worth it.

The staff at the hotel were great. Hats off to the girls at the front desk who helped us store our bags for our overnight trip to Phi Phi. One of the managers, named Connor, made us feel right at home as well. ENJOY!

1  Thank jgolden84
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We just got back from the most relaxing 10 day stay ever at the Burasari Patong . I am a regular visitor to Phuket for the last 15 years or so, each year trying a new resort and finally I can say I need not look any further. Everthing from the location,helpfulness of the staff, to the rooms and quality of food served all left me speechless.

2  Thank freebird109
Reviewed 8 June 2011

great hotel. excellent location. wish we could have spent more time in the luxurious surrounds the hotel had to offer.

1  Thank mattattaq
Reviewed 6 June 2011

I came to Thailand for my honeymoon and we decided to splurge on only one hotel in Thailand, and that was at Burasari. We got the honeymoon suite with the outdoor tub and pool access and the unlimited mini bar. It sounds amazing right? Unfortunately it was not.

The honeymoon suite was probably the worst room in the hotel because it led right to the hotel restaurant. Every evening from 6pm till 10pm, the music from the restaurant's entertainment (which was right outside our courtyard door) would engulf us. The room did not feel private at all and the constant noise took away from the experience. The courtyard tub was nice, but again, right over the 8 foot wall, you could see the restaurant bar and see footsteps under the door.

The minibar was a joke. They had 2 cans of beer and a few slices of cantaloupe. Honestly, I wouldn't have paid extra if I knew I was going to be cheated like that.

The service was just ok. The people were a bit standoffish and they didnt have conditioner in the rooms!

The things I did like about the hotel were: It was a haven from the insane-ness of Patong. It was close to shopping area and beaches. They have a beach bag with 2 beach towels for use. The inside of the hotel was scenic with the pools.

Room Tip: stay in a pool-access room. dont get bells & w
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2011

I would definitely stay at this hotel again and hope to sooner rather than later. I booked a discounted special that included breakfast. I’ve stayed at other hotels where I was treated like a “discount customer”. But here I was not. When I got to the hotel, I was bumped up to the next level room, and to say it was generously sized is quite a bit of an understatement—especially in Asia where space tends to be condensed quite a bit from what most Westerners are accustomed. I was one person and had a king bed and a daybed. The room was fabulous, had a pool view, and a huge balcony with two comfy chairs in which I spent quite a bit of time lounging. There was also a large flat screen television, a vanity, a full sized dresser, a desk, and a bathtub. The bathroom did have the open design that’s kind of characteristic of hotels in Thailand, but it also had shutters that could close it off somewhat. Still, for a family or anyone who prefers privacy in the bathroom, it might not be the most desirable arrangement. But, like I said, it’s pretty standard of Thai hotels, so I guess a similar arrangement could be expected at most hotels in the area. I love really firm beds, so I was elated by the bed. But those who prefer softer sleeping surfaces may find it a bit too firm. The mini bar is included in the price of every room. It’s really nothing to write home about—a few soft drinks, a beer or two, some chips, and Oreos--but it makes for great refreshments to toss into your beach bag.

I’ve stayed in a lot of hotels with paper thin walls, but the walls absorb quite a bit of noise in this hotel. I heard nothing of either of the rooms next to me. I could occasionally hear housekeeping carts rolling down the hallway outside my room, primarily when I had my television off. I was pleasantly surprised to find that even though my room was next to the elevator, I heard no noise from that. I’ve stayed in rooms next to elevators in other hotels in which I’ve suffered sleepless nights from the constant noise of the dings and people shuffling on and off. But I heard nothing here. I must say that noise from the pool does carry somewhat when you’re sitting out on the balcony, so if you’re wanting peace and quiet while sitting outside, you might not get it. But when I was in my room with my patio doors shut, I couldn’t hear anything from the pool area. With this hotel positioned at the intersection of two busy roads, I expected to hear a lot more traffic than I did. Perhaps it’s because my room was more toward the back of the hotel or maybe the courtyard style of the pool area blocks the noise from the street, but I heard very little reminiscent of traffic when sitting outside. Late at night, music sometimes carried from the local outdoor bars, but not to levels that I found intrusive. I’ve read other reviews complaining of mosquitoes. I don’t know if I just wasn’t there during mosquito season or if mosquitoes don’t like me, but I encountered none.

The location of this hotel couldn’t be better. It’s right in the middle of everything. If it takes you a full minute to walk to the beach, it’s only because you have to wait to cross the main road due to traffic. Otherwise, it’s a straight walk, probably not more than a few hundred feet. The breakfast buffet is more than adequate, although go early if you don’t like crowds. The restaurant is also partially outdoors and if it rains, as it did during my stay, it can get kind of wet. The food is protected, but skipping over puddles on a wooden floor and getting dripped on as you pass through archways can somewhat ruin the ambiance of an otherwise beautiful restaurant.

I thought the beach bag with the towels the hotel supplied was a nice touch and the toiletries are not in tiny bottles but fair sized containers. I loved the shampoo so much that if it wasn’t for the 3 ounce/100 ml liquids rule that the airlines have these days, I would have taken it with me when I left. I also enjoyed the bathrobe and slippers, although those are pretty standard fair at most nicer hotels.

I found the staff to be a little inconsistent. Some of them can seem a bit aloof, but I’m convinced that this is due more to difficulties with language barriers than any real intent to be inattentive, as those staff members who spoke English somewhat fluently were more than friendly and helpful. The spa prices are very good as far as spas attached to resorts go. If you’re willing to take a short walk and don’t mind sacrificing atmosphere for value, you can get services that are just as good for about half the price at several places along the main strip. But if convenience and mood are important to you, you could certainly utilize the Burasari spa services without feeling guilty about what you’re doing to your bank account balance. A half day of first rate services there costs approximately $125 U.S., which is expensive for Thailand but a bargain to anyone used to paying spa prices in the States. Three hours of services for less than $100 U.S. feels like a steal.

I have only one minor complaint about this hotel and it is a very minor one. I found the placement of the outlets in the room a bit inconvenient. There was one next to the desk in my room, which made sense and was perfect for plugging in my laptop. However, there was a vanity on the other side of the room that I would have loved to have used, but there wasn’t an outlet in sight to plug in my curling iron nor was there was there one in the bathroom. So I had to plug the curling iron in by the desk, which is on the opposite side of the room from any of the mirrors. Like I said, minor and definitely not a deal breaker but a tad frustrating, nonetheless.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Just4Fun1103
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Im 17 and stayed at the Burasari with my mum, friend and twin sister. WOW this is a great hotel, i couldnt say enough about it 2 minute walk to the main Patong beach, less than 10 minute walk to bangla and a little more to jungceylon shopping mall. The staff here are soo friendly and helpfull, especially Tum at reception, he is very funny. as i said we were there for thai new year (worlds biggest water fight/48 hour party) everyone got into the celebrations with water guns buckets of water and colored powder, the atmosphere was amazing. The rooms, no matter if its the basic or most expensive are all extremly clean, modern, bright and spacious with a mini fridge stocked ever morning with cans of drink and water all free of charge. complimentary breakfast is great and there is a seven eleven right next door and supermarket just aroung the corner. The burasari is in a great location within the heart of patong and i couldnt think of anything negative to say about it besides i wish i didnt have to leave. My sister and i are going back next year for thai new year again in april and will deffinatly stay here again. For any other info, feel free to email me on loz_roxy_94@hotmail.com

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ClaireAussie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 334 in Patong
Holiday Inn Resort Phuket

Been to Burasari Resort? Share your experiences!