“Returned to the Burasari”
Review of Burasari Resort

Burasari Resort
Ranked #6 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 11 June 2009

We stayed for 3 days in Burasari of 7 days in Patong Beach Phuket we found a very good deal on the web. Were picked up at Airport, being returned customers we were upgraded to Elite Suite with a court yard on the ground floor near the bar and exit to the street which was perfect for us as we like quick getaways. The room was fantastic it was massive overwhelmed had not expected it. They greeted us as old friends the service was seamless. A small gripe I feel they need to renovate the bathroom it is pretty ordinary and small out of place for the room. I really loved the time we had and was sad to leave to our next location. We also had 3 course evening meals included in our package. The food is always good at the Burasari. We felt rested after hectic 4 days in Bangkok. Would recommend this place it is a treasure.

They have free Wifi it is intermittent and slow it was difficult using Skype I would prefer to pay for high speed.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 June 2009

After visiting Phuket with family and friends 5 times in the past 3 years I decided to change away from our regular hotel and try Burasari Resort. Although 1 star less than our previous hotel the experience could only be described as exquisite. The hotel itself is very comfortable and clean and provides all facilities. The breakfast is very good and would not give anyone reason to complain. But the staff what can I say. The charm and friendliness that accompanied the service was beyond anyones expectation. The smiles the caring attitude will bring me and all my friends back in the future. Well done.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2009

Just returned from 2 weeks at Phuket. Our first week we stayed at Burasari and given the good and bad reviews about the resort we were a bit concerned with what to expect. Well it didn't take long to work out the the hotel was a first class choice. The check-in was quick and easy, and we also got a room upgrade. The elite room in the Chandra wing, which I was told was the newer part of the hotel was very spacious, clean and with views of the pool. The pool area wasn't big however as the hotel is more suited to adults there was plenty of room to relax and enjoy. The breakfast was very good a big spread and the chef was more than happy to accomodate special requests. We dined out every night so the restaurant menu looks great however prices are a bit high. Location was excellent. The night market a short walk away, the beach even shorter. No need to catch taxi or tuk tuk as walking to Banla road took about 15 minutes, which includes many stops at shops. Other good points are the 7/11 store next door, pharmacy and travel kiosk outside the pharmacy in also in the same street on the way to the beach. We used the travel kiosk for all of our tours and she was fantastic, all the tours were on time and what we were expecting. The hotel is also soon to open a new spa/message rooms which also look great. Overall we were very happy with our stay and will be going back next year.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank David-Tania
Reviewed 9 June 2009

We stayed in a pool access room for three nights and enjoyed the peacefulness of the Burasari amongst the madness of Patong. The room was modern and relatively large with a great bathroom and facilities. There was a comfortable double daybed on the deck with direct access to slip into the pool.

The pool meanders through one side of the hotel and is always semi shaded as it is in a quasi atrium with sunchairs in a central island area. There is another pool in the other half of the hotel.

Room service had light, value for money meals. There is a good bar for cocktails.

The Burasari is a great place to come back and relax after the heat, shopping, eating and drinking that is Patong.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2009

I travel a lot all over the world for both business and pleasure, so I have many hotel experiences to compare my stay to. I had the pleasure if staying at the Burasari Resort in Patong in early May 2009 and absolutely loved it. The moment I arrived, I was greeted by very friendly smiling staff. Then a very graceful polite Front Desk staff member (speaking perfect English), seated me, served a cold drink and did all the registration while I sat and relaxed from the heat and the long flight from California. During my stay I had several changes to my itinerary and a couple room changes (only because I was curious). The Front Desk Manager was extremely accommodating and made all my changes seem effortless, even though I know I put her through some work.

The room rates were very reasonable considering it is only about 200 feet from the beach, right in the center of Patong's main activities, yet built around two beautiful pools with a tropical paradise feel. Once I entered the hotel lobby from the street, I couldn't even tell I was in a city. The $5,000 baht per night included not only a very tasty breakfast buffet with everything you would want, but it also a dinner. Even though I ate out several nights, I made sure I ate dinner in the hotel several times and was very impressed with the set menu dinners. Unfortunately I was never able to schedule a dinner at their signature restaurant Floyd's Brasserie, which I heard so much about.

This hotel really made me feel "at home" in the best of Thailand's exotically beautiful boutique hotels with a very personal touch from the staff. I wasn't just a "number". When I consider the room rates, cool design and decor of the rooms built around the beautiful pool/garden ambiance and courteousness of the staff, I can summarize my stay as being perfect! I highly recommend the Burasari Resort, Phuket, Patong.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank EBman
Reviewed 27 May 2009

Room 3221: Second Floor, had very nice balcony backing to greenery and a high fence designed to create privacy.
Peeves: Room safe not large enough for standard sized laptop or file folders.
Bed was VERY comfortable, this appeared to be twin beds that could be mated together to create a larger bed or two smaller as required, worked as a king bed well.
Aircon more than adequate, good controls.
Free wi-fi
Mini bar contents were compliments of hotel; couple of beers, ice tea; refilled daily.
I was here for 4 days by myself, I booked the room on Latestay.com. I found that this was one of the better rooms in the price bracket, and some had balconies backing to less attractive buildings next door. Having scoped out some of the other rooms and locations, there are some very nice rooms in this hotel; pool access and others designated Mood which have decors to suit well your mood I guess.
There are two pools, one which appears to wind around one wing and the other is large and square located near the restaurant. Both are lovely and if I was to stay again, it would be in a pool access on the large square pool at the end: most private.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank sailorboy4real
Reviewed 16 May 2009

i liked the pool - room. I liked the buffet. i did not like that that it is noisy area around. I felt very good by service of staff. Very best of them all is guest-manager with name Jen. he always smile and help whenever u need. Perfect!
2 nice pools.
breakfast area is nice - food is ok but nothing special.

i like it and i come again

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Theodor111
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
#12 of 55 in Kata Beach
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 331 in Patong

Been to Burasari Resort? Share your experiences!