“4* hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 319 Hotels in Patong
dubai, uae
“4* hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2009

This was our first trip to Phuket so we really didn't know what to expect. We were picked up by the hotel car from the airport which was all very efficient and whipped down to the Burasari. On arrival I was a bit dubious of the hotel as the entrance is on a main road with not much privacy.

We were then swiftly checked into the Elite Thai room. The decor was great (few little stains and cracks here and there) but I was sorely disappointed with the bathroom. It was extremely small and not what was expected from a 4* hotel. After a small word with the conceirge we were moved rapidly and efficiently into an Elite Contemporary room which was much better, albeit a couple of licks of paint could have helped. The balcony was a great size and looked onto the beautiful private pools. The double glazing kept all sound from the street out which was one of my main concerns.

The pool - beautiful layout and size with great plantation and day beds. However, if you are looking for a tan sometimes this means moving around a lot to ensure you're in the sun as plants to do tend to block you now and then.

The spa - facilities are excellent!! They had some great deals on whilst we were then including buy one get one free on the massages. They were also quite flexible about the times and which package you required.

Floyd's Restaurant - quite pricey for Thailand but a superb meal with a lovely setting.

I think thats about it! We had a lovely holiday and the Burasari is in a fantastic location. The staff are more than willling to make every aspect of your trip perfect so if you do have any qualms just speak to them and they will be sure to help!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (743)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Shanghai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2009

I booked this with a Trip Advisor partner and got a great deal. I’m not sure what you like – the best room in the worst Hotel or the worst room in the best Hotel? Burasari Resort is neither the best or the worst but I did get the room further away from everything, the discounted room, and it was very well maintained and clean. I has king size bed and I slept long and deep on this very comfortable bed. The main room is big enough and the bathroom while having a nice size has sliding shutters that open into the main room giving it more of a spacious feel. The balcony was large but I didn’t spend any time there. I did notice the doors were double glazed and there was almost no noise from outside, another plus in my book.

The Bursarai has been lived in and at time of writing this June 2009 is almost ready for an overhaul. While the main parts of the Hotel are kept clean and tidy, the Resort needs a coat or two of paint plus the pool area is in urgent need of some care, there are timber slats cracking and someone will fall though them in some places very soon I'm sure. I didn't mention this to them so there might be some sort of response to this, let's hope so.

The restaurants are good, Floyds is amazing as it has been set up and run by famous British TV Chef Keith Floyd who you can still see around the restaurant from time to time. The buffet breakfast is good, has all the trappings, full American and Asian treats. This place is even better value when you can get the room and internet included. They also gave me a ‘free’ mini bar. Now don’t get too excited, there were a few beers and sodas but it was a surprise addition.

Overall this place has seen better days. I got my room for US$60 a night which for Patong Beach is a lot, especially right now in June 09 which is the lowest of low seasons they keep saying. It is not great value but the location and the two swimming pools and the nice gardens make for a relaxing vacation.

My guess is they’ll be renovating soon as they have just finished building their new spa. Phone ahead and ask them before booking to make sure.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2009

We stayed for 3 days in Burasari of 7 days in Patong Beach Phuket we found a very good deal on the web. Were picked up at Airport, being returned customers we were upgraded to Elite Suite with a court yard on the ground floor near the bar and exit to the street which was perfect for us as we like quick getaways. The room was fantastic it was massive overwhelmed had not expected it. They greeted us as old friends the service was seamless. A small gripe I feel they need to renovate the bathroom it is pretty ordinary and small out of place for the room. I really loved the time we had and was sad to leave to our next location. We also had 3 course evening meals included in our package. The food is always good at the Burasari. We felt rested after hectic 4 days in Bangkok. Would recommend this place it is a treasure.

They have free Wifi it is intermittent and slow it was difficult using Skype I would prefer to pay for high speed.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Queenstown
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2009

After visiting Phuket with family and friends 5 times in the past 3 years I decided to change away from our regular hotel and try Burasari Resort. Although 1 star less than our previous hotel the experience could only be described as exquisite. The hotel itself is very comfortable and clean and provides all facilities. The breakfast is very good and would not give anyone reason to complain. But the staff what can I say. The charm and friendliness that accompanied the service was beyond anyones expectation. The smiles the caring attitude will bring me and all my friends back in the future. Well done.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Melbourne Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2009

Just returned from 2 weeks at Phuket. Our first week we stayed at Burasari and given the good and bad reviews about the resort we were a bit concerned with what to expect. Well it didn't take long to work out the the hotel was a first class choice. The check-in was quick and easy, and we also got a room upgrade. The elite room in the Chandra wing, which I was told was the newer part of the hotel was very spacious, clean and with views of the pool. The pool area wasn't big however as the hotel is more suited to adults there was plenty of room to relax and enjoy. The breakfast was very good a big spread and the chef was more than happy to accomodate special requests. We dined out every night so the restaurant menu looks great however prices are a bit high. Location was excellent. The night market a short walk away, the beach even shorter. No need to catch taxi or tuk tuk as walking to Banla road took about 15 minutes, which includes many stops at shops. Other good points are the 7/11 store next door, pharmacy and travel kiosk outside the pharmacy in also in the same street on the way to the beach. We used the travel kiosk for all of our tours and she was fantastic, all the tours were on time and what we were expecting. The hotel is also soon to open a new spa/message rooms which also look great. Overall we were very happy with our stay and will be going back next year.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank David-Tania
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2009

We stayed in a pool access room for three nights and enjoyed the peacefulness of the Burasari amongst the madness of Patong. The room was modern and relatively large with a great bathroom and facilities. There was a comfortable double daybed on the deck with direct access to slip into the pool.

The pool meanders through one side of the hotel and is always semi shaded as it is in a quasi atrium with sunchairs in a central island area. There is another pool in the other half of the hotel.

Room service had light, value for money meals. There is a good bar for cocktails.

The Burasari is a great place to come back and relax after the heat, shopping, eating and drinking that is Patong.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
Santa Barbara
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2009

I travel a lot all over the world for both business and pleasure, so I have many hotel experiences to compare my stay to. I had the pleasure if staying at the Burasari Resort in Patong in early May 2009 and absolutely loved it. The moment I arrived, I was greeted by very friendly smiling staff. Then a very graceful polite Front Desk staff member (speaking perfect English), seated me, served a cold drink and did all the registration while I sat and relaxed from the heat and the long flight from California. During my stay I had several changes to my itinerary and a couple room changes (only because I was curious). The Front Desk Manager was extremely accommodating and made all my changes seem effortless, even though I know I put her through some work.

The room rates were very reasonable considering it is only about 200 feet from the beach, right in the center of Patong's main activities, yet built around two beautiful pools with a tropical paradise feel. Once I entered the hotel lobby from the street, I couldn't even tell I was in a city. The $5,000 baht per night included not only a very tasty breakfast buffet with everything you would want, but it also a dinner. Even though I ate out several nights, I made sure I ate dinner in the hotel several times and was very impressed with the set menu dinners. Unfortunately I was never able to schedule a dinner at their signature restaurant Floyd's Brasserie, which I heard so much about.

This hotel really made me feel "at home" in the best of Thailand's exotically beautiful boutique hotels with a very personal touch from the staff. I wasn't just a "number". When I consider the room rates, cool design and decor of the rooms built around the beautiful pool/garden ambiance and courteousness of the staff, I can summarize my stay as being perfect! I highly recommend the Burasari Resort, Phuket, Patong.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business