“Tranquillity in paradise”

Ranked #4 of 328 Hotels in Patong
London, United Kingdom
“Tranquillity in paradise”
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I returned from Thailand a week ago after staying in Phuket resort for 8 nights from Sept 13 Sept through to Sept 20, 2012. I stayed at the Holiday Inn.

The Holiday Inn Phuket is a hotel that has something for everyone; the young family, the romantic ambience and a place to relax and unwind. I was looking for relaxation, sophisticated dining at affordable prices along with a service to make me feel special. I received all my wishes and more. The location of the hotel is in the heart of Phuket's colourful and lively streets with so much on offer. Taylor made suits, massages parlours, shop, shop, shop until you drop and the night live which I would rate for the adult audience, you can take it or leave it , there is no preasure. There is something for everyone. Once in the confounds of the hotel you could be on a caste away island surrounded by gentle fresh aromas,flora, flowing water and gentle background music of Thailand. with everything on hand.
There are four fantastic restaurants which will cater for all palettes. If you can not find something to wet your appetite I would be very surprised; Western food, the steak and chip, Mediterranean salads to the great taste of Thailand. The menu will have something for all budgets. Prappa Rattananukul the Manager and his team at the Charms restaurant were first class in service and delivery of the taste of Thailand. The Charms was my personal favourite as it offered both Thai food and hospitality at it's best. Words can not explain the breakfast selection at the Charms. I really do not know where to begin.
I was further impressed with the service provided by the concierge team; nothing was too much trouble. They offered valuable advise on places to see and arranging the hire of a private taxi for a day at a reasonable negotiated price. The peace of mind that came with your own driver is so valuable, the knowledge that your day was well structured, comfortable and completely safe was a service which for me was priceless.' Mr M' my taxi driver, probably is totally unaware of the positive impact he had on my holiday.
My holiday was a late booking to celebrate both my birthday and my wedding anniversary, I made contact with the hotel approximately 72 hours prior to my arrival and was pleasantly surprised by the instant dialogue which I engage in. Korarit Insuwan Asst. FB Manager ensured a restaurant was booked 'SAMS'. I was really taken back by the outstanding service and quality of the food. The details.....A birthday cake was delivered to my room along with candles,this was not expected but truly appreciated. Korait and his team really understand what is meant by customer service.

There is so much to say about my stay at the Holiday Inn Phuket. What I have not mentioned is that I stayed in the Busakorn Wing, studio, spacious comfortable with a degree of luxury is how I would describe my room. The views over the pool from my balcony was tranquil and very pleasant as I sipped on a cold refreshing drink in the evenings.

I would recommend the Holiday inn Phuket for the reasons and experiences I described within and those I do not have time to report on. For me it gave me an excellent base for my first visit to Thailand.
I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I enjoyed mine.

MB London, England

Room Tip: I stayed in the Busakorn Wing studio, is said to be quieter, designed for couples
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AuntieMelsey
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
Dear 'AuntieMelsey'

Many thanks indeed for your very positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive such wonderful comments and I will personally ensure that Prapa, Korarit, the Concierge and the Sam's team receive a copy of your review.

We hope to see you back again soon at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket - please let us know in the meantime if there is anything we can help with

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (845)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Overall great place to stay for the money...only complain was at breakfast some of the parents did allow their children to run wild and the treadmills in the gym need to be serviced a little more regularly...If you are not a fan of children stay away or upgrade...

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank zeus252
Dear 'Zeus252'

Thank you for your recent review and feedback. As a family oriented hotel, we do expect to have children staying with us throughout the year, but the majority of families tend to stay in our main wing where we have Family Suites, Kid's Suites and 2 Kid's Clubs and so you may find that our Busakorn wing provides a slightly more peaceful option for you if you are planning to return, and you may contact us directly at any time if you would like to receive or discuss more details on the different options available.

Your comments with regards the gym equipment are well noted and we hope to be able to welcome you back again soon to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket

Gold Coast
Reviewed 26 September 2012

The Holiday Inn has 2 main areas, the Main Wing (slightly cheaper rooms, but closer to the beach) & Busakorn Wing. We couldn't find a non smoking room available in the Main Wing at the time, so we got a couple interconnecting rooms in the Busakorn Wing.

The Good
-------------
- The rooms are very modern and well equipped, but the balcony is a bit small
- The location is perfect for Patong, far enough away from the noisy night life so that you can sleep, but many shops, restaurants all around and about 10 mins walk to the night life.
- The pool in the Buskorn wing is quite large with a swim up bar, it is quite beautiful.
- The breakfast range was excellent
- The rooms had a large walk in shower which is much better than the combination bath/shower you find in many hotels.

The Bad
-----------
- The rooms seemed to have paper thin walls, I could hear whenever my neighbours come home and had showers late at night.
- The hotel did seem a little crammed together, but this is normal for Patong.
- The view from our room was a bit ordinary, it just overlooked another building close by, it seemed like the smokers end of the building had better view over the pool.
- The curtains/blinds were not that effective in blocking the light.

Overall, unless you are there specifically for the night life, I would highly recommend you consider a quieter and more relaxed area like Karon Beach. My friends and I stayed at Movenpick in Karon for the majority of our trip and enjoyed that experience much more than Patong.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank AndyJ74
Dear 'AndyJ74'

Thank you for your very positive feedback. I am glad that overall your stay with us was great and that in particular you enjoyed the hotel location, your room and the breakfast.

Your comments with regards noise between rooms, the view from your room and your blackout curtains are all noted and we will follow up on this points accordingly - thank you.

We hope to see you back again soon at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket - please let us know in the meantime if there is anything with which we can help.

Pittsworth, Australia
Reviewed 25 September 2012

If you're looking for quality service, outstanding rooms and a relaxing experience, DO NOT GO ANYWHERE ELSE!!!
2 adults and 2 kids, 12 and 9 yr old boys, in a Kids suite.......wow. Our kids' jaws hit the floor when we ushered into our magnificent suite, by the duty manager herself, who also took our photo for us as well. 2 tv's, 2 DVD players and an Xbox for the kids.......not once did they use the club once as they were so busy otherwise.
The mini mart downstairs was chock full of beverages and snacks and basic toiletries, all at supermarket prices. So when we were shown our empty mini fridge, we were told that we welcome fill it with our own food and beverages - which was such a novelty compared other resorts we've stayed at.
Room service was up to scratch, with a courtesy call to see if we enjoyed our meals (we did!) and when my niece became ill and went to the hospital for a check up, the staff on duty at 2am were so helpful, even sending a small bunch of flowers the next day, wishing her well - we were amazed with the personal touch in every aspect of the experience we had the Holiday Inn.
PHI PHI Island day out organised through the tour desk downstairs, with a lovely lady who guaranteed that if the weather was bad, we could simply cancel, and we would not be charged. We did not cancel, and we were not disappointed - it was amazing!!!!
I don't think that you can pass this resort by without being impressed with just the sight of the kids pool, proximity to shopping around the corner and the assortment of food stalls and massage parlours....i highly recommend the Let's Relax massage parlour - extremely professional and a high standard maintained for a 1 hr massage ($18 AU) Wi fi in room was a bit patchy but we coped, breakfast buffet was out of this world. If you have the chance, please stay here - you will not be disappointed in this beautiful resort in the land of smiles. It has it all - location, variety, service and top of the line quality. First time to Phuket - Not the last.

Room Tip: Kids suites offer a great sized room for families with older kids. Front desk staff are so helpful...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Ash G
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We have just returned from 10 days in Phuket. 8 of us travelled for a golfing holiday and we stayed at this resort for the duration of our trip. We chose Holiday Inn mainly as a result of the Trip Advisor reviews but also our booking agent on the Gold Coast (getaway golf) recomended it.

It was a great base for our Golf Trip and an even better place to relax at days end.

I can only say that the hotel lived up to all of the excellent reviews, we had rooms in the main wing on the 3rd floor. All the rooms were together which helped in getting the troops up in the morning for our early moring golf start.

As many people have said the Hotel is out of the way of the hussle and bussle, but close enoough to enjoy the nightlife.

Breakfast was fantastic, the choice was spread across all tastes. We had no issues with noise at breakfast.

We had our early evening drinks in the main bar near reception and we would like to thank "Benjy" she was fantastic in remembering all our drinks each time we were there.

Our last night we had diner in the Thai restaraunt in the Busakorn wing it was fantastic. We did not eat at Sam's mainly because the ambiance would have been ruined by 8 men eating and drinking, but the menu looked amazing.

We are already planning our next trip for next year and the Holiday Innis where we will be staying if they will have us:)

Well done to Wolfgang and his team.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Auzzypom
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Stayed here in early September for 5 nights. Had our 2 and 3 year olds with us. We booked Busakorn wing room. Overall loved the place and very happy we paid a little extra for the Busakorn wing - didn't feel as big and closer to better pool. Great location - walk out on to the streets of Patong, large aircon shopping centre within 5 minutes walk but hotel feels a mile away from hustle and bustle. Beach is across the road. Breakfast was wonderful each morning in Charm restaurant. Kids club was fantastic as were the 2 adjacent pools - a long walk from Busakorn but with it.

Ate at Charm Thai restaurant in the hotel a few times - very nice and very reasonably priced. Ate at Seabreeze kids buffet one night - good value. Worth trying restaurants elsewhere in Pating too

Wonderful hotel that I would recommend to anyone

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank freespiritsm551
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed only two nights & we wished we stayed longer but we couldn't afford to splurge too much.

Firstly, our bed was out of this world. King sized, soft yet firm & pillows named "soft" & "firm". I could stop exclaiming to my partner how much I loved the bed. I'm so saving for a king bed for my own home now haha. Having said that the previous hotel we stayed at the bed was like sleeping on concrete so maybe that is why I loved the bed so much....Enough bout the bed.
We were dropped off in our taxi to one of two lobby checkin areas for the Holiday inn, one is for the main wing & the other is for the Busakron guests. We were dropped off at the main wing even though we were staying in the Busakorn villas. Not a problem though as it was a very short walk & they bought our bags to our room. Checkin was with a young super friendly guy who explained everything & also walked us to our room & gave us a mini tour. Room itself is very tastefully & richly decorated. Ornate wood furnishings, mood lighting, lovely big wicker day bed & pillows everywhere. We were most excited about about our free minibar although we hardly touched it. Lots of shampoos, soaps, towels, lotions & heaps of bottles of water were on hand, as you tend to drink a lot of water in the humidity it was so nice not having to do a run to the nearest 7/11 for some bottles of cold water. Tv was great, shower was massive & had a bench inside to sit on, two types of shower heads.
Our private villa pool we shared with other guests was also nice, pool not huge but as it is exclusive it doesn't need to be big. Has a bar at the end, not a pool bar but I'm sure they can bring a drink to you should you need refreshments. We had some sun beds as well as a small table & chairs to sit on. We also tried the Busakorn main pool & had a few drinks at the bar. I wanted a mango crunch drink which was a non alcoholic cocktail but with added vodka & he made it especially for me with an added shot - winning! This pool was really really big, & really really gorgeous. It started raining while we were in it & it was blissful.
Breakfast was amazing & the best I have even been too. There is even two types of bacon (hard or soft!!), doughnuts, waffles, fesh pancakes, Vegemite(!), cereal, fruits of all kinds, Asian foods, roast beef...I could go on but I'd be here all day. Exceptional.
Tried the Aspara spa for a foot massage & pedicure, was quite expensive 1100 baht about $30AU & I normally wouldn't pay that in AU let alone Thailand but she was quiet & did a fantastic job, I feel asleep twice!
Didn't try the gym or any restaurants although my partner ordered room service one night & had the club sandwich which he said was great, the service was super quick too.
Had a drink at the front bar, Terrazzo I think it's called?, service seemed a bit too preoccupied with cleaning the bar the serving the 4 customers that were there, incl. ourselves & we only stayed for one drink (it was however a free drink as we got a coupon for a free cocktail or beer on arrival) the actually cocktail was gorgeous. The bar did have too many wasps hanging around for my liking though...
We enrolled in a cooking class at the holiday inn too, we were the only two people in it so it was nice & personal. Do NOT eat before doing the class & there is lot...and I mean a lot of food. They called us i the morning before the class to remind us not to eat as well just to be sure. our teachers were delightful & sooo helpful & friendly (Titi & I can't remember the other chefs name),we did the "Modern Thai" class & got a apron, cooking cards & certificate at the end. Highly recommended.
Hotel is great as one side gets you onto beach rd the other entrance on the Busakorn side get you not far from heaps of shops, bars ' restaurants. A bit of a walk to Bangla rd but not too far. Sat night that we stayed HEAPS of fireworks were being let off at the beach which woke us up several times, can't be helped though.
All in all a very relaxed, pleasant short stay in holiday inn phuket. We were surprised as Holiday Inns in AU are standard basic hotels & this one is truly above & beyond. Ps we had to leave very early sun morning & the staff were nice enough to check us out while we gulped down their delicious breakfast ( which was only just opening for breakfast as our driver was picking us up at 7am & the breakfast starts at 630am)even the lobby/reception area for Buskorn is deluxe looking. Definitely give it a go.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FoodieForLife81
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central
BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Novotel Phuket Vintage Park
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 328 in Patong

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!