“Noisy room ”

Holiday Inn Resort Phuket
Ranked #4 of 322 Hotels in Patong
“Noisy room ”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

After reading all the reviews, we decided to pay more and stay in busakorm Wing pool view room. However was really disappointed. We took almost a hour to check in as I forgotten to bring the credit card that is used to booked the hotel although it has been fully paid. They gave us a connecting room which is connected by a door next door. Next door on the tv n we can hear it loud n clear. Even their conversation so clearly. They come back back at 3am n was really noisy. We are glad that they finally checked out the next day. However while I and my baby was having a nap the next day, we can hear the chambermaid cleaning the room loudly n later a family checked in noisily, there gone my nap. At night we came back at 9pm n guess wat? We receive a call from hotel saying neighbor complaining us too noisy as 9pm is sleeping time. I am really mad, why gave me a non sound proof room n complaint us. Another incident, chambermaid took away all my washed laundry which I wrapped in towel. They only manage to retrieve part of it n I have to further made a few calls to chase all my clothings. I am here for holiday not here to get complain n search for my lost laundry. Really mad that I have to rewash all clothing for nothing.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Lim S
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear "Lim S"

Thank you for sharing your review and I am sorry that you experienced some disturbance from your neighbor during your stay and that there were some additional issues with your laundry and the speed of check-in for you and your family. All of your comments are very well noted for our further action and I do appreciate that you have taken the time to highlight the details for my attention. I do hope that, otherwise, you and your family enjoyed your stay in Patong and if there is ever anything in the future with which I can help, please feel free to contact me directly at morgan@holidayinn-phuket.com

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (844)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is our third time here and we are a family of four staying 10 nights this time. We stay in the main wing and we love it. The location we think is great as you are right in the heart of the action, opposite the beach but when inside the resort you wouldn't know how busy it is outside.

From the moment we arrived we are welcomed and checked in straight away from the friendly and helpful reception staff and shown to our room, which has just been tastefully redecorated. The new beds are just so comfortable and had no problems sleeping. The buffet breakfast is great with a huge selection of foods. We also enjoyed happy hour in The Bar most nights before having dinner. We have eaten at the Charm Thai and the Terrazo restaurants and both restaurants serve great food at reasonable prices.
As I have two girls one aged 10 and another 16 they used both kids clubs , the one for under 12's and the one for the older kids ( the kids club for under 12's is fantastic for the younger kids as the staff are just fantastic in there Thanks Aussie. My daughter is just getting a little to old for this one now ) but she used the older kids club more this time.
We love the pools and the pool service that the resort offers and we love the fact that as a family on a budget we can bring drinks from outside and they will supply ice buckets and glasses full of ice on request.
Lastly what we love as a family is the staff here from the reception staff, The cleaners to the pools guys and the waiting staff they can't do enough for you . If you have a problem or a question they do whatever they can to help, if they can't help straight away they will get back to you as soon as they can.
A special thanks to the Manager Sandra and her 2ic Morgan who always made an effort to say hello and see how we are going and if there is anything that they could do for us, so thanks guys for another fantastic visit. We hope to be back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear "MichaelandTina"

Thank you for your "fantastic" review and I am really pleased that you and your family have had such an enjoyable stay with us! It is great to note that you have found the location to be so convenient, the rooms so comfortable and the dining options throughout the resort to be of such a high standard in every area. Your further comments on the kid's club are greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share your feedback with regards the excellent service from all the staff with the team. We look forward to seeing you all back again soon!

Dubai
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Loved the hotel. Beautiful and opposite the beach. We had booked the Busakorn wing and its well worth it. The other side is nice too. Kids wing is ok and the food is excellent and well priced. The Spa is great we took a couples massage which was excellent.

Room Tip: Busakorn wing is great if you are a couple and want peace and quiet. Otherwise all rooms are good.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear "vikramvs"

Thank you for taking the time to share your "great" review! I am delighted that you have so enjoyed your stay in our beautiful Busakorn Wing and your feedback on the excellent dining and the high standard of the spa is very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Spent 7 nights here with partner and 3 year old son and have only a few little things to complain about. First the positives; great location given it's close to everything but once inside the resort you forget the hustle and bustle outside; the staff are lovely; restaurants enjoyable; breakfast your typical 4 star buffet, rooms huge and cleaned well daily.. Complaints are we arrived 2am and had organised both a baby cot and I had arranged an anniversary acknowledgement for my partner but neither were organised. The next day they offered us a bigger bed in a different room to co-sleep with son but I ended up staying in my room and placing the cushion of the day bed on the floor next to my bed and my son happily slept there quite comfortably..pool is beautiful but very warm so not so refreshing on a hot day but that's just a minor (fussy) complaint. Kids club was lovely and clean with friendly staff but the kids pools rather old and could do with a reno... my major complaint was that I had organised a baby sitter/nanny through the hotel prior to arriving and when she arrived i discovered she did not speak English and was in fact "house keeping" staff.. I paid her as agreed for the 3 hours out of respect but I thought it poor of the hotel to think this would be acceptable... Despite these little things, Overall an enjoyable experience and would recommend given the positives....

Stayed May 2014
Dear "ammaus n"

Thank you for sharing your "great" review and I am pleased that, overall, you and your family have had an enjoyable stay with us. Your comments with regards the great location, the great dining options and the high standard of service from the team throughout the resort are all very gratefully received, thank you! Your further feedback with regards the baby-sitting service is also well noted for our further consideration and action and your concern is understood. Please do stay in touch when you are planning your next trip and let us know how we can be of assistance!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

The service here was absolutely fantastic. The breakfast buffet had the most amazing variety of choices that I have ever seen. We ate at 2 of the restaurants which were also superb. We stayed in the Busakorn Wing which I cannot recommend highly enough. The hustle and bustle of Patong faded into obscurity as soon as you stepped into the quite oasis of the grounds. I would definitely recommend to stay here.

Room Tip: The Busakorn Wing was so peaceful and private.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melinda D
Dear "Melinda D"

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. All of your comments on the relaxing ambiance of the resort, the great breakfast buffet and the high standard of service from the team are greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share with all concerned. We hope you will have the opportunity to travel and stay with us again soon!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 4 May 2014

They say a holiday is all about the experiences you have and that holds true for the location and proximity of your hotel to all the action.....If that is what you seek there is simply no better hotel in Patong - Phuket than the Holiday Inn Resort......slap bang in the middle of Patong it is within walking distance of everything that you would want to do at Patong. Add to that the fantastic staff and even better hospitality make for a winning combination......Will definitely be going there again and soon I hope....

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice....
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PercyDubash
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear "PercyDubash"

Thank you for taking the time to share your "fantastic" review! Your comments with regards the perfect location and the great service delivered by the staff throughout the resort are very much appreciated and I will certainly share your feedback with the team. We do hope you will have the opportunity to travel and stay with us again soon!

Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We had 11 nights at the Holiday Inn as a family of 7, with two rooms in the Busakorn Wing and one room in the main wing. The hotel is beautiful but it is the staff that make the hotel special, all the staff where friendly, helpful and proud of their hotel.
The hotel offers a whole variety of restaurants and we tried them all, they are all excellent and certainly offer something for all tastes. The food was wonderful and great value in all the restaurants, we loved every meal in the hotel and we have some real fussy eaters in our group.
The location of the hotel is perfect, you are in the hustle and bustle within seconds of leaving any of the three exits from the hotel.

Room Tip: All our rooms where clean and comfortable but the Busakorn Wing is that little bit extra special.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tony R
Dear "Tony R"

Thank you for sharing your "fantastic" review! It is wonderful to read that you and your family have had such an enjoyable stay and have been so well looked after by the staff throughout the resort. Your feedback on the high standard of the various dining options is very much appreciated and I will be sure to share your comments with all concerned. We look forward to seeing you all back again soon!

morgan@holidayinn-phuket.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central
BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Novotel Phuket Vintage Park
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 322 in Patong

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!