Am very pleased with how the quality of the entire Holiday Inn brand seems to be improving at a significant rate. And the HI Resort in Patong is no exception.
Bolstered by having to do significant rebuilding after the tsunami, this property is now one of the premier properties in the whole IHG group. Personally, with little effort it could be rebranded as an Intercontinental.
My room was in the Busakorn wing, as I requested based on others' reviews. Beautiful room, great pool view, quiet, great for sleeping. The Thai restaurant and the gym were conveniently located in this wing. It was a short walk to the other (main) wing where the other three restaurants, bar and beach access were. My first negative comment is that walk, only about 50 meters, is comparatively cruddy and seems (but does not) to go through the back areas of the overall resort.
I had major meals at the Thai restaurant and Sam's Steakhouse. Both were excellent with Sam's being exceptional both in food and service. My steak was grilled perfectly and the several little "surprises" were unexpected and fun. Service was top quality. Although I didn't really like my soup's flavors yet still ate half of it, they pulled it off the bill even though I hadn't asked and indeed only said that it wasn't "to my taste." The cost went to the tip.
Everything else was pleasant enough. Used the small gym and enjoyed that. My other negative comment is that it's too bad there is a road between the resort and the beach. Yes, that's the case for most resorts in Patong and on other beaches, but it's still not ideal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Patong’s best choice for Everyday Travelers”Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, perfectly located in the heart of Patong, Phuket’s most famous beach. Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is an oasis in the middle of Patong and is within walking distance to shopping, restaurants and night life and just steps away from the beach. 10 minutes away from Jungeceylon shopping center, Soi Bangla Nightlife, and Patong beach is just across the road.High speed internet is provided FREE of charge for hotels guests.Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is part of the world’s most recognized upper mid-scale brands, and it offers a fantastic choice with seven different room categories, separated in two distinctive wings. The contemporary-designed main wing is popular for its kids and family-friendly rooms and facilities. The resort is honored as a top 10 Family Resort in Asia by Tripadvisor. The Luxury Busakorn wing with Thai design offers spacious rooms with pool view or pool access in a tranquil pool and tropical garden environment appreciated by couples seeking a more intimate resort experience.Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is well-known for its excellent breakfast buffet and great value cuisine in the resort’s 4 restaurants. Holiday Inn Resort Phuket provides daily guest activities and dedicated kids facilities. A refreshing spa and several pools in tropical gardens give choices to relax or be active.At the heart of Patong, Holiday Inn Resort Phuket offers guests a warm Thai welcome, friendly service and total ease, simply Patong’s best Choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Agoda, Holiday Gems, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Hotel Patong
- Holiday Inn Phuket
- Holiday Inn Patong
- Patong Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Patong