As always, this review is brutally honest, designed to provide constructive criticism rather than negativity.
The check-in was a little slow, and the reception person was a little too formal, bordering on being unfriendly, so we didn’t get off to a great start here.
The room was very spacious and extremely well laid out, with ample good quality furniture/ storage areas, and a good ambiance overall. The toilet/ shower and hand basin areas are segregated, making the room very flexible and practical. The huge king sized bed was very comfortable, and a choice of pillows was provided – labeled soft or hard.
All up I’d say that the Busakorn Wing room is one of the best resort style rooms I have ever stayed in – and I have stayed in quite a few.
The Buffet breakfast has a great choice of food, but the main down side of the breakfast was that the staff struggled to keep up with clearing tables. They need more staff at breakfast, and possibly a new coffee machine, which is almost an antique as coffee machines go.
The Gym is excellent and I enjoyed using all the equipment.
The pool in the Busakorn wing is very large, with a mix of shade and sun, and very comfy sun beds with soft cushion tops. We chose to hide from the sun and had no trouble finding nice shady areas surrounding the pool. Personally I prefer cooler water, but my wife loves the ‘warm bath’ effect present in the large pool.
Because the Busakorn Wing encloses/ surrounds the pool area, there is a lack of cooling breeze blowing that would be present at the front ‘Main Wing’ pool, making it a little hotter than expected.
We found the price of restaurants/food/drinks a little too high, due mainly to their higher overheads and the fact that they charge an extra 10% service charge, which wasn’t charged at our previous (Khao Lak) hotel.
We also experienced noisy neighbours on our last night, and whilst this is not the hotels fault, it highlighted that the door between ‘connecting’ rooms allows too much sound to escape to the adjoining room.
Would I return to the Holiday Inn Busakorn Wing – no, but not because of the Hotel and its facilities, but because of its location in Patong Beach, which is great for young people who want to party, but not so good for people who just want to enjoy paradise and relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Patong’s best choice for Everyday Travelers”Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, perfectly located in the heart of Patong, Phuket’s most famous beach. Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is an oasis in the middle of Patong and is within walking distance to shopping, restaurants and night life and just steps away from the beach. 10 minutes away from Jungeceylon shopping center, Soi Bangla Nightlife, and Patong beach is just across the road.High speed internet is provided FREE of charge for hotels guests.Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is part of the world’s most recognized upper mid-scale brands, and it offers a fantastic choice with seven different room categories, separated in two distinctive wings. The contemporary-designed main wing is popular for its kids and family-friendly rooms and facilities. The resort is honored as a top 10 Family Resort in Asia by Tripadvisor. The Luxury Busakorn wing with Thai design offers spacious rooms with pool view or pool access in a tranquil pool and tropical garden environment appreciated by couples seeking a more intimate resort experience.Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is well-known for its excellent breakfast buffet and great value cuisine in the resort’s 4 restaurants. Holiday Inn Resort Phuket provides daily guest activities and dedicated kids facilities. A refreshing spa and several pools in tropical gardens give choices to relax or be active.At the heart of Patong, Holiday Inn Resort Phuket offers guests a warm Thai welcome, friendly service and total ease, simply Patong’s best Choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Hotel Patong
- Holiday Inn Phuket
- Holiday Inn Patong
- Patong Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Patong