My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn for 9 night in November 2009, we were originally booked into another hotel and the reviews were not great so we did a lot of research online and saw so much positive feedback on the Holiday Inn we knew we couldnt go wrong and we were not dissapointed.
The staff were all really friendly and helpful and went all out to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.
Location was FANTASTIC, right in the middle of Patong and all the action but as soon as you entered the hotel it was a quiet oasis.
Pools were great and never too busy, we always managed to get a sun lounger no matter what time of the day.
Restuarants were very good with excellent food however a little over priced as the hotel charged a 10% service charge (read gratuitous tip) followed by 7% tax which made the bill more expensive than it should have been, we found some excellent restaurants right around the corner from the hotel with meals being considerably cheaper than the hotel.
Hotel offered an activity program of which we participated in the ice carving demonstration which was really interesting.
The only negative feedback I can give on this hotel was the thai cooking class which was a massive disappointment and very expensive for what we got. The class was advertised as 2-3 hours and ran for only 1hr 40 minutes, my husband and I found the class to be very bland and a waste of time. We gave our feedback to the activites co-ordinator who advised us she would pass the information on, however we are not sure if this was done.
Over all a fantastic hotel with excellent facilities, nice big clean rooms and wonderful staff with a GREAT buffet breakfast each morning.
I would highly reccomend staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Patong’s best choice for Everyday Travelers”Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, perfectly located in the heart of Patong, Phuket’s most famous beach. Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is an oasis in the middle of Patong and is within walking distance to shopping, restaurants and night life and just steps away from the beach. 10 minutes away from Jungeceylon shopping center, Soi Bangla Nightlife, and Patong beach is just across the road.High speed internet is provided FREE of charge for hotels guests.Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is part of the world’s most recognized upper mid-scale brands, and it offers a fantastic choice with seven different room categories, separated in two distinctive wings. The contemporary-designed main wing is popular for its kids and family-friendly rooms and facilities. The resort is honored as a top 10 Family Resort in Asia by Tripadvisor. The Luxury Busakorn wing with Thai design offers spacious rooms with pool view or pool access in a tranquil pool and tropical garden environment appreciated by couples seeking a more intimate resort experience.Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is well-known for its excellent breakfast buffet and great value cuisine in the resort’s 4 restaurants. Holiday Inn Resort Phuket provides daily guest activities and dedicated kids facilities. A refreshing spa and several pools in tropical gardens give choices to relax or be active.At the heart of Patong, Holiday Inn Resort Phuket offers guests a warm Thai welcome, friendly service and total ease, simply Patong’s best Choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Southall Travel, IHG, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Hotel Patong
- Holiday Inn Phuket
- Holiday Inn Patong
- Patong Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Patong