I thought that the hotel itself was marvellous. The rooms were well appointed even though we were in the Superior Deluxe Rooms (the cheap ones) overlooking the Marriott Hotel. Small touches such as water in the room being replaced free of charge, the covers being turned down each night with orchids being laid on the pillows made the stay very enjoyable.
The staff in the hotel could not do enough for you, being very polite and seemingly very keen to help. This makes a refreshing change to some of the staff in UK hotels that I stay in regularly.
My only complaint was that the sunbeds were taken very early in the morning around the pool. The onw and only time I ventured to the pool before 8am there were towels everywhere even though the pool didn't open until 8 o'clock and the policy of the hotel is to remove unused towels after 2 hours - this didn't happen and it made for a bit of a lottery getting sunbeds close together. Possible problems for a family with kids etc.
Patong itself is seedy, dirty and not very friendly. If that's your scene, you'll love it, I reflected on it being a tropical Benidorm. I wasn't expecting what I came across and was hoping to see more of the 'real' Thailand rather than some flesh pot hole that Patong was. Don't let that put you off mind, you can still enjoy the Holiday Inn Resort without having to suffer all of the debauchery of Patong itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Patong’s best choice for Everyday Travelers”Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, perfectly located in the heart of Patong, Phuket’s most famous beach. Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is an oasis in the middle of Patong and is within walking distance to shopping, restaurants and night life and just steps away from the beach. 10 minutes away from Jungeceylon shopping center, Soi Bangla Nightlife, and Patong beach is just across the road.High speed internet is provided FREE of charge for hotels guests.Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is part of the world’s most recognized upper mid-scale brands, and it offers a fantastic choice with seven different room categories, separated in two distinctive wings. The contemporary-designed main wing is popular for its kids and family-friendly rooms and facilities. The resort is honored as a top 10 Family Resort in Asia by Tripadvisor. The Luxury Busakorn wing with Thai design offers spacious rooms with pool view or pool access in a tranquil pool and tropical garden environment appreciated by couples seeking a more intimate resort experience.Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is well-known for its excellent breakfast buffet and great value cuisine in the resort’s 4 restaurants. Holiday Inn Resort Phuket provides daily guest activities and dedicated kids facilities. A refreshing spa and several pools in tropical gardens give choices to relax or be active.At the heart of Patong, Holiday Inn Resort Phuket offers guests a warm Thai welcome, friendly service and total ease, simply Patong’s best Choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Agoda, Expedia, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Hotel Patong
- Holiday Inn Phuket
- Holiday Inn Patong
- Patong Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Patong