Our family stayed at the Holiday Inn late Dec and found that it was ideal for all our needs. The staff went out of their way to assist beginning at the airport when we arrived with the Holiday Inn van driver suggesting that because we hadn't prebooked the shuttle it would be cheaper to get a taxi which we did for THB600.
The best thing for us was the location. Our children are 19 and 21 and were able to 'lose' us and go exploring on their own without feeling trapped especially once they got accustomed to the hassling and constant calling out from shop workers in Patong (I suggest Kata Beach as a preference over Patong if you are not prepared for this).
Breakfast at the hotel is varied and plentiful and there are some changes to the buffet. We did not experience any food poisoning in Phuket even after eating cockroaches and grasshoppers at the beach stalls!
We initially stayed in two superior rooms in the Main building and these was perfectly adequate with two queen size beds per room, very clean and comfortable and one of the rooms had a sea view through the trees from the balcony. After 2 days we were told that one of our rooms had been blocked and was given to us by mistake so we were asked if they could upgrade the room to the Busakorn wing. The staff were so apologetic about moving us that they relocated the whole family to two interconnecting rooms in the Busakorn wing. These rooms were more spacious and luxurious and had views of the pool. Having a choice of pools and restaurants at the Holiday Inn is also an advantage if staying for a longer period of time.
My children also went to the henna activity that the hotel runs. Maybe not the best henna applying but the staff were lovely.
The hotel is handy to a minimart which, when exiting the hotel's access to the beach, is to the left and across the road and down some steps.
Also a warning, if you buy on the beach road you will end paying alot more for things than if you turn left at the main entrance of the hotel (away from the beach) and walk across the road to a market like area. You will also be hassled alot less.
Our only complaint is that when changing rooms we were given a non-smoking room as requested and it smelt heavily of cigarettes. The staff were good though in locating 2 more rooms which we were asked to inspect first before we were moved.
Overall we loved this hotel especially in that it felt like a haven after venturing out along patong beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Patong’s best choice for Everyday Travelers”Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, perfectly located in the heart of Patong, Phuket’s most famous beach. Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is an oasis in the middle of Patong and is within walking distance to shopping, restaurants and night life and just steps away from the beach. 10 minutes away from Jungeceylon shopping center, Soi Bangla Nightlife, and Patong beach is just across the road.High speed internet is provided FREE of charge for hotels guests.Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is part of the world’s most recognized upper mid-scale brands, and it offers a fantastic choice with seven different room categories, separated in two distinctive wings. The contemporary-designed main wing is popular for its kids and family-friendly rooms and facilities. The resort is honored as a top 10 Family Resort in Asia by Tripadvisor. The Luxury Busakorn wing with Thai design offers spacious rooms with pool view or pool access in a tranquil pool and tropical garden environment appreciated by couples seeking a more intimate resort experience.Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is well-known for its excellent breakfast buffet and great value cuisine in the resort’s 4 restaurants. Holiday Inn Resort Phuket provides daily guest activities and dedicated kids facilities. A refreshing spa and several pools in tropical gardens give choices to relax or be active.At the heart of Patong, Holiday Inn Resort Phuket offers guests a warm Thai welcome, friendly service and total ease, simply Patong’s best Choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, TravelUp, Holiday Gems and Travelbag so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Hotel Patong
- Holiday Inn Phuket
- Holiday Inn Patong
- Patong Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Patong