Firstly, let me clarify something about the Holiday Inn in Phuket. It is two hotels based on a single resort. You have at the front of the hotel The Holiday Inn Hotel which has it's own pool and nice but more basic rooms (about 7000bhat a night). Then you have The Bussakorn Hotel which is a luxury hotel at the rear of the resort. This has better rooms, a beautiful pool with swim up bar and generally a more up market feel to it. This costs considerable more (10,000bhat per night). Other than the better rooms, the real reason that you pay the extra money is because the pool and sun loungers are much better and are supposed to be exclusively for the use of Bussakorn guests.
This was my second visit to the hotel and we return because of all the above and because the staff are so fantastic (Weewek etc). The rooms had been recently refurbished and as such all had LCD televisions and DVD players as well as modern fresh decor. Whilst not of the quality of the Indigo Pearl (see other reviews) owing to it's location, it is still of a very high standard. I have only ever stayed at the Bussakorn so cannot comment on the other hotel but have always enjoyed it except for one aspect.
You pay the extra money at the Bussakorn for the exclusive use of the sun loungers and better pool, so I was somewhat dismayed on my first visit to the pool that guests from the main hotel were using our sun loungers. Now this may sound petty but there are only limited sunloungers and when you are paying an extra £50 a night it is somewhat annoying when you cannot get a seat. The main hotel have blue towels (Bussakorn have gold) so at first it was easy to spot them but after being told once by the staff they simply walked over and took the gold towels from the un-manned section. This meant that families staying at the Bussakorn were coming back in the afternoon and not being able to sit around the pool. Anyway it was mentioned to the staff and we were compensated but it did annoy us.
Anyway moving on, the rbeakfast at The Bussakirn is fantastic. It has a huge variety of Asian and Western cuisine, fruit, smoothees, omelettes, Thai Food really fantastic. The Bussakorn also has table service and offer a wonderful selection of cocktails and food whilst you are sunning yourself. There is a gym and spa on sight and although I never partook heard from my family that they were very good. They also have a highly rated cooking school should it ever rain.
The real draw for the Bussakorn is it's position. It is right in the heart of Patong and a three minute walk to the beach. Now if you have never been to Patong, then you may want to research it before you go because it is absolutely MAD!. I love it but it can be very daunting on arrival with millions of people trying to sell you Massage, Tuc Tuc, Muay Thai Boxing tickets, suit, eat at my restaurant, DVD etc etc. Every bar and restaurant is having a party and the lights glare constantly. But when you step into the Bussakorn / Holiday Inn that all dissapears into a sea of tranquility, this is what you pay the money for.
Now don't let me put you off. The Bussakorn is a really great hotel in a great position with great staff. The pool is wonderful and the rooms immaculate. It is not cheap but you are paying for the position and surroundings. Thailand is fantastic and you will have a great time. Enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Patong’s best choice for Everyday Travelers”Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, perfectly located in the heart of Patong, Phuket’s most famous beach. Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is an oasis in the middle of Patong and is within walking distance to shopping, restaurants and night life and just steps away from the beach. 10 minutes away from Jungeceylon shopping center, Soi Bangla Nightlife, and Patong beach is just across the road.High speed internet is provided FREE of charge for hotels guests.Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is part of the world’s most recognized upper mid-scale brands, and it offers a fantastic choice with seven different room categories, separated in two distinctive wings. The contemporary-designed main wing is popular for its kids and family-friendly rooms and facilities. The resort is honored as a top 10 Family Resort in Asia by Tripadvisor. The Luxury Busakorn wing with Thai design offers spacious rooms with pool view or pool access in a tranquil pool and tropical garden environment appreciated by couples seeking a more intimate resort experience.Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is well-known for its excellent breakfast buffet and great value cuisine in the resort’s 4 restaurants. Holiday Inn Resort Phuket provides daily guest activities and dedicated kids facilities. A refreshing spa and several pools in tropical gardens give choices to relax or be active.At the heart of Patong, Holiday Inn Resort Phuket offers guests a warm Thai welcome, friendly service and total ease, simply Patong’s best Choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Hotel Patong
- Holiday Inn Phuket
- Holiday Inn Patong
- Patong Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Patong