Just came back from 4D3N stay with our boy.
Location: Way out from Patong. Really NOTHING else there beside the hotel. It has a private beach, but the beach is not suitable for swimming. It has lots of corals and the wind is strong most of the time.
Having said so, children will like it, lots of crabs, hermit crabs, small fishes.
The hotel provides free shuttle to patong merlin beach hotel (their sister hotel at patong beach) few times a day, you just gotta catch them.
Room/hotel:given room facing the main road with pool views. I believe all rooms have pool views, its just a matter of which pools. They have 3 pools (pool one with slides, pool 2 with swim up bar and pool 3 with waterfall).
Big but tired resort, ask for room facing pool 3, nearer to the beach.
The pools are great, esp pool no 3 with the slide and kids area.
Best to swim in the afternoon as the water in the morning a bit cold.
They have a few restaurants but as usual quite expensive and the food's average only.
We had the Thai buffet (free with family package) on our first night there and order a room service for our boy (a fried rice cost 320 thb).
Breakfast's ok, but what irked me is that we had to pay additional 550thb/night for our boy for breakfast.
Most hotels we stayed in phuket before don't have such charges. How much can a little boy eat?
Management-you should relook this policy. Children under 6 should be allowed to eat free.
Rooms are big but NO toothbrushes provided! And we requested for 4 extra pillow for cushions for our boy bed.
The staff was like ahhhmmm can we give you 2 only??
The hotel was not even full at all, please!
We stayed in many hotels in phuket before, by far this one has the worst service.
Free 3 water bottle (from glass), if you lose it, 10thb will be charged.
If you use their fridge, you will be charged (say the memo).
We definitely will not return to the hotel despite a big wonderful pools they have.
The beach is good for shells collecting, unswimable totally.
The service sucks for the money we paid (SGD 270 a night).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amongst forested mountains and lush, tropical landscaped gardens, serenity awaits at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach. Located on a beautiful secluded stretch of white sandy Tri-Trang Beach, the resort boasts its own reef and stylish accommodation. Our resort is the ultimate destination for individual travelers, families, weddings and MICE. Three beautifully appointed swimming pools, modern fitness facilities, kids club, Spa & a wide variety of food & beverage. Our resort has an outstanding activity program for all ages offering extensive options for the most discerning traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Prestigia, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merlin Beach Hotel Patong
- Merlin Beach Resort Phuket
- Hotel Merlin Beach
- Beach Merlin Resort
- Beach Merlin Phuket Resort
- Merlin Beach Phuket
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach Patong