I stayed at the Merlin Beach Resort with a friend Pam from Sydney, between the 2nd - 9th Feb. We booked a pool access room. Our room was 4112 which was perfect. We booked this resort because of its location being away from Patong and a lot quieter, cleaner and smelling a lot nicer. There was fresh air and a cool sea breeze. Got to say Patong stinks of [-],but enjoyed the shopping and bars in the evening.
Taxi rides to Patong are 300 baht . There is the free shuttle service as well. We went mid - afternoon and shopped and drank until the 23:30 service collected us from the Patong Merlin Hotel. Tuk Tuks are only 200 baht back to the resort from Patong.
The staff in the resort were very friendly and very professional. We didn't have much of a problem with them speaking or understanding English.
The room we had was large, clean and in good order. The room safe was free. Every day we went for breakfast the room was cleaned by the time we got back. Pool towels are free to use within the resort and were changed once to twice a day.
Breakfast was the best. Lots to choose from, no complaints there. The buffet on the beach of an evening wasn't the most appetizing but we ate it. I had only one bad dish which I couldn't eat and that was in the cafe near the beach. Avoid the turkey & mango in curry sauce :-(. The late night cafe which is opened until 12 serves huge portions of desserts and makes lovely coffees. We ate up at the Little Tiger restaurant - wish I had gone there a few more times. Be careful of the tide as you can get cut off when leaving the Little Tiger late. Both Pam and I used the spa. I booked 2 treatments and got a third free. The prices were higher than outside the resort but the spa was pretty good. Staff again were professional. I felt good after my treatments. My friend used one of the massage huts on the beach which she found to be really good as well. Their laundry service was quick and clothes came back ironed and folded.
The company Tour East booked our excursions outside the resort. I would recommend the Phi Phi Island day trip, the sunset cruise and the elephant ride.
Whilst we were staying there a wedding was performed on the beach front garden. We weren't guests of the wedding but it looked like an ideal set up for that special day. They set up within no time and the flower arrangements were amazing. The wedding party was small but they seemed to have a really good time with dinner and dancing afterwards.
I would say the resort suits all people. Couples would be happier in the pool access area as this is away from families. Familes have a couple of pools to use and there is a kids' club. For a beach for swimming without rocks go outside the front of the resort across the road and down a track. The resort wasn't full but if it was you still wouldn't feel as though you are on top of each other as there was so much room. I've never seen so many chairs in one place.
I wish I could have stayed another week and will go back to the Merlin Beach again in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set among forested mountains and lush, tropical landscaped gardens, serenity awaits at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach. Located on a beautiful secluded stretch of white sandy Tri-Trang Beach, our resort in Phuket, Thailand boasts its own reef and stylish accommodation. We are the ultimate destination for individual travelers, families, weddings and MICE. Three beautifully appointed swimming pools, modern fitness facilities, kids club, Spa & a wide variety of food & beverage. Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach has an outstanding activity program for all ages offering extensive options for the most discerning traveler. The resort's own house reef offers guests colorful underwater adventures (snorkeling and diving) without ever leaving the property. It is also home to Phuket's first sanctuary for butterflies, a unique conservation project aimed at increasing the native butterfly population. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Holiday Gems, Prestigia, Marriott, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merlin Beach Hotel Patong
- Merlin Beach Resort Phuket
- Hotel Merlin Beach
- Beach Merlin Resort
- Beach Merlin Phuket Resort
- Merlin Beach Phuket
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach Patong