This hotel is far away from the stressfull areas in Phuket. This is in the middle of nowhere, I`d say.
But once you manage to get there, you don´t want to go elswhere, if you appreciate peace on your holidays.
Do not go there if clubbing, pubs and nightlife is what you want around the corner on your stay in Thailand.
If you are just as much frustrated as I am, watching people getting drunk all over, watching prostitutes walking on the streets, pedofilians with young boys or girls, etc, do come to this place and you don´t have to look at it every night. At least you can protect your own children from watching it somehow by staying in this quiet hotel and it´s areas in evenings.
Hotel is quite big, with reasonable sized rooms. Roomcleaning every day.
Pillows are totally too hard, like having a block of wood under your head. Take your own pillow with you, if you have problems with your neck.
Freezer in the rooms, which is good for your on water, juices, chocolates etc. to keep cold.
We had groundfloor room, so we had wonderful fiew over the pool area and the sea behind it. Be careful with the bats if walking in the dark!
We chose to have halfboard. It was nothint too impressive. On our 2nd week we went out to eat few times, even we had payed for dinners for two weeks.
Breakfast is really good. Lots of things to eat. We loved fresh fruit, croissants, omelettes.
For shoping we chose to take taxi few times a week to take us to Carrefour for snacks, bottled water, soft drinks and so on. Our children, aged 4 and 12, liked to do "their shopping" for toys, chocolates, chips etc. in Carrefour. (Money they have had for Christmas- and birthdaypresents).
Staff at the reception area gave us all information and help in everything we ever needed, with smiling faces.
Hotel has it´s own beach, but it is not very good for swimming. Full of rocks.
You can take the longtail boat, if you wish to go the sea.
Sun was shining bright every day, and that was the only thing we were really after, when planed to go Thailand. More touristic places compared this hotel, are ruined ages ago in most of the places.
Do go to the beach, even it is full of rocks. In stead of swimming, take manicures, pedicures, massages. I had some treat almost everyday - with 2-5 euros.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set among forested mountains and lush, tropical landscaped gardens, serenity awaits at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach. Located on a beautiful secluded stretch of white sandy Tri-Trang Beach, our resort in Phuket, Thailand boasts its own reef and stylish accommodation. We are the ultimate destination for individual travelers, families, weddings and MICE. Three beautifully appointed swimming pools, modern fitness facilities, kids club, Spa & a wide variety of food & beverage. Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach has an outstanding activity program for all ages offering extensive options for the most discerning traveler. The resort's own house reef offers guests colorful underwater adventures (snorkeling and diving) without ever leaving the property. It is also home to Phuket's first sanctuary for butterflies, a unique conservation project aimed at increasing the native butterfly population. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Prestigia, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merlin Beach Hotel Patong
- Merlin Beach Resort Phuket
- Hotel Merlin Beach
- Beach Merlin Resort
- Beach Merlin Phuket Resort
- Merlin Beach Phuket
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach Patong