We booked this hotel for 6 nights for our honeymoon after staying 5 nights already at Phi Phi Island. We weren't really sure what it was going to be like because my parents were meant to stay here the year prior when it was destroyed by the tsunami but they never did.
We were so impressed upon entering!
We had one of the rooms where you can swim straight off your balcony! We booked this room straight off the net (not on a last minute deal) and saved quite a bit compared to what the travel agent was quoting us. The bed was covered in flowers, petals and in the bath. The room was a very generous size with a queen bed and all the mod cons. You could even open the shutters that were on the bathroom wall and see the pool through the room.
The pools were amazing! 3 different pools that everyone can access. Kids section was great too. Swim up bar was a lovely treat where you could play jenga and order food whilst sitting in the water. The buffet breakfasts were to die for. Many different foods for all nationalities. They were quite busy between 8-9 though.
There was a 3 person band each night in the cocktail bar which were brilliant, enjoyed with 2-4-1 cocktails.
There is also a free bus that runs from the resort into town (about 5 minutes) but it is very nice to take a break from the centre of Phuket and escape back to the resort. We only used the bus once because we hired a scooter from town for 4 days that we used to take us back and forth. It was very safe and a bargain for $16 for 4 days! (hired on beach near McDonalds). We actually used this to explore the island and came across Elephants, secluded beaches and a snake farm.
Highly recommend the Merlin Beach Resort and would definitely stay there again.
p.s My only issue the whole time was one night at 1am the fire alarm went off and we woke in a state but it was because
someone was smoking in their room.
Also, if you have a couple of days definitely check out Phi Phi Island it's a great place with the best snorkelling I have ever seen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set among forested mountains and lush, tropical landscaped gardens, serenity awaits at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach. Located on a beautiful secluded stretch of white sandy Tri-Trang Beach, our resort in Phuket, Thailand boasts its own reef and stylish accommodation. We are the ultimate destination for individual travelers, families, weddings and MICE. Three beautifully appointed swimming pools, modern fitness facilities, kids club, Spa & a wide variety of food & beverage. Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach has an outstanding activity program for all ages offering extensive options for the most discerning traveler. The resort's own house reef offers guests colorful underwater adventures (snorkeling and diving) without ever leaving the property. It is also home to Phuket's first sanctuary for butterflies, a unique conservation project aimed at increasing the native butterfly population. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Marriott, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merlin Beach Hotel Patong
- Merlin Beach Resort Phuket
- Hotel Merlin Beach
- Beach Merlin Resort
- Beach Merlin Phuket Resort
- Merlin Beach Phuket
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach Patong