My wife and I stayed in the Merlin for 10 days and we were disappointed after all of the reviews that we read. Firstly is a long way from Patong or anything else for that matter. You would not walk into Patong in a hurry so this means the free shuttle bus that runs rarely or a taxi for 200 baht is your options. Then for getting back a Tuk Tuk will cost 150 baht. So if you are not using the shuttle then this will be an expensive choice. Patong anyway is not that nice of a place but at least other resorts like the Amari Coral Resort are walking distance (5 mins).
The room is just ok. Good size but furniture is just average and the room does not compare at all to rooms in other hotels we stayed in Thailand. Staff is nice but the service needs a lot of improvement.
When we arrived we were given a room that had a lot of ants running around a counter near the mini bar. When I rang to report this they sent a member of the cleaning staff up who had no English to spray the area with insect repellent. You would expect a manager to come up or someone with English but I had to ring for a second time to ask them to send him up. We requested a room change and this was when the manager asked us had we left anything out that was sweet that would attract them. I told him that we just arrived and that we wanted a room change. This took 1.5 hours. The manager never even apologized and we were given nothing as a token gesture for this inconvenience.
Pool area is really great and the breakfast is excellent. Also the Italian restaurant is beautiful.
Another thing that annoyed me was when I went to the taxi counter to ask for a metered taxi to be booked for taking us back to the airport the lady refused to ring one for me because of the taxi mafia outside and she also refused to give me the number to ring them myself which I could not believe. In the end got a lift with Mr. More for 600 baht that was excellent.
Overall we were disappointed with this hotel. Rooms are just ok and the service was less than average. Also keep in mind the location. It is a 10 min drive from anywhere like shops etc. Friends stayed at the Amari Coral that is close to Patong and they love it. Finally this hotel is also expensive for a deluxe room for the same price you can do much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amongst forested mountains and lush, tropical landscaped gardens, serenity awaits at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach. Located on a beautiful secluded stretch of white sandy Tri-Trang Beach, the resort boasts its own reef and stylish accommodation. Our resort is the ultimate destination for individual travelers, families, weddings and MICE. Three beautifully appointed swimming pools, modern fitness facilities, kids club, Spa & a wide variety of food & beverage. Our resort has an outstanding activity program for all ages offering extensive options for the most discerning traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Prestigia, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Marriott, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merlin Beach Hotel Patong
- Merlin Beach Resort Phuket
- Hotel Merlin Beach
- Beach Merlin Resort
- Beach Merlin Phuket Resort
- Merlin Beach Phuket
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach Patong