After the hustle-bustle of Bangkok, we chose Merlin Beach resort in Patong (Phuket) for a relaxation, and that is exactly what we got!
The resort has a private beach facing the mid-afternoon sun which is perfect for relaxing with the sounds of the sea lapping onto the beach. The beach is shallow, and at low tide forms rock pools rather than expansive sands, but at high tide it is pleasant to stroll along.
There are three pools: the centre pool has a swim-up bar and is the busiest (and therefore sometimes the nosiest), but one of the other pools has a shallow area catering for young children, and the third is very peaceful.
There are various restaurants. There is a reasonably-priced buffet on offer every night with different themes and live music. There is also a seafood restaurant (I recommend the barbequed Fisherman's basket THB1200 but glorious!!), a Thai restaurant and an Italian restaurant, all of which have fantastic menus and serve food to the highest standard. Breakfast is buffet-style, but with plenty of choice for all tastes.
The complex has a jewellery shop, a tailor (I had two suits made, high quality and good value) and a souvenir shop. Internet access is available in the bar, and there are plenty of activities organised by the staff either free (napkin folding, fruit carving, thai cooking) or at reasonable prices.
The bars are pleasant, a live act performs in the main bar every evening. However, many residents seem to travel to Patong beach (THB200 by Tuk-Tuk outside the door) for evening entertainment.
We had a superb stay, and wouldn't hesitate to book Merlin Beach again should we travel to Phuket.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amongst forested mountains and lush, tropical landscaped gardens, serenity awaits at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach. Located on a beautiful secluded stretch of white sandy Tri-Trang Beach, the resort boasts its own reef and stylish accommodation. Our resort is the ultimate destination for individual travelers, families, weddings and MICE. Three beautifully appointed swimming pools, modern fitness facilities, kids club, Spa & a wide variety of food & beverage. Our resort has an outstanding activity program for all ages offering extensive options for the most discerning traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merlin Beach Hotel Patong
- Merlin Beach Resort Phuket
- Hotel Merlin Beach
- Beach Merlin Resort
- Beach Merlin Phuket Resort
- Merlin Beach Phuket
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach Patong