“A wonderful and inexpensive treat-NOT!”

Absolute Sea Pearl Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #240 of 321 Hotels in Patong
Sydney, Australia
“A wonderful and inexpensive treat-NOT!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My wife and I stayed for a week and was so harassed by the sales people of "Absolute" every time we left to walk around out side. Very high pressure sales tactics used to demean you if you so no. The rooms were un impressive for such a big hotel. The pool is very small and is in full view of the street people and the restaurant is right on the traffic filled street. I was entering the hotel elevator once and was holding it for my wife, then I went to enter and the elevator slammed shut on my left shoulder and the paralyzingly pain was there the whole rest of the stay. A hotel attendant saw the whole thing and my wife reported it and the hotel could really careless.
Would I recommend the hotel- no unless you get it at a super discounted rate, for which you'll have to endure the sales treatment. ~David

Room Tip: Try another hotel...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DavytBluesboy
AbsoluteSeapearl, Public Relations Manager at Absolute Sea Pearl Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
I am sorry to hear about your experiences during your stay with us especially the elevator episode not quite sure how that can happen. It is true to say that many of our guests take up an offer which includes a sales presentation of the ownership offers the company promotes at our resorts.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This hotel was right on the beach, it was our gift holiday after winning it in Hong Kong,people will know ,it was to promote the Absolute group, and as a gift we made the most of it for a week,it was a very nice experiance, the staff were very good ,the food delish and the rooms very comfortable,the B B Q's were a great feed on an evening, breakfast in the mornings were varied and tasty.not sure if the hotel is open to people not with time share but if it is ,it's worth a stop off.The shopping area is great ,and going through to Phuket city is easy if you get a local Taxi he'll take you there and bring you back for about $26-$30 for the day ,don't pay untill the day is over, we found them to be very clean and friendly full of information and willing to take you just about anywhere

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the hotel are a bit noisy but not in a bad way,be sure to leave the room...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Sounds lke your first trip to Patong was quite a success so hopefully you might take the plunge and come and visit us once again which we look forward to.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed in The Absolute Sea Pearl during the first week of April and to be honest our expectations weren't that high as we were staying on a promotional week from the Absolute group.

I have to say we were both pleasantly surprised, from the moment we arrived the staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for us. Our room was clean and spacious, as regards the location the hotel is right on the beach and in the heart of all the bars and restaurants, it can be a bit noisy but I guess that's to be expected.

There are a lot of Absolute sales staff in the hotel and we had to attend a Vacation Club sales presentation as part of our deal but it was actually fun and the resorts do look great.

Overall a great week in a pleasant hotel right on the beach in sunny and lively Patong.

Tip, Try the Indian food in the hotel restaurant

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chanelle_clark
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I found our stay to be very good experience, yes we had to listen to the presentation on investment in to the property but we did know that when we booked and its done in a friendly way , we found that James treated us with respect and was not pushy,he was completely professional at all times offing us assistance if we wanted any thing all we had to do was ask and if it could be done they where happy to assist we where both honest with each other and that this is not our time and no problems we would happily stay at any of the absolute property's any time and recommend it to others. We found that it had a lovely rustic charm not to every ones taste but we loved it to and was very clean and comfortable hotel with a great meals Area

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Found this place on an afternoon stroll. I had walked the length of Patong beach and was gasping for a cold one so stopped at the outside bar. I ended up staying for a pretty long time and even stayed for their weekly BBQ which was all you can eat for about 300 baht which included lots of seafood a meat.
Theres a mixture of western and thai staff and all where very friendly. We was well looked after by the English manager all night. Will defiantly come again on the next trip.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Ingle Farm, Australia
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Absolute Sea Pearl...what needs to be said, great location, friendly staff, accommodation great. Having been to Patong several times it only made sense to find a suitable base. We met with an Absolute Representative...Andy Bird who explained the concept of the Absolute Group.

This concept suited our idea in holidaying in such a wonderful part of the world....we are utilising our membership to the fullest and loving every minute of it.

We now manage to travel twice a year, stay at wonderful locations and get to catch up with many people we now consider friends.

Do yourself a favour.....spend the time to discover what Absolute can offer you, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Jo-Anne F
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

pete russ-- my review for Phuket, Thailand-- I'd always promised my Fiance (Jenny!) we'd go on an exotic Holiday, several of our mates have visited and all very impressed so...... even tho' Jenny had to stay in UK for a wedding---(it rained...) I had 2 wks Holiday owed me so I took off for a 10 day adventure at the ABSOLUTE SEA PEARL RESORT. lost in the jungle! all alone! not really! ASPR is a top of the line resort; let me start with the room; bright, spacious & super clean of course and...(drumroll) I woke up to a picture perfect beach view out my window. ahhhh! a proper Hollywood moment. just like in the Brochures! unreal. I went exploring and have to say the locals/guests & Resort Promo / Event Staff were so laid back & helpful.

I was unwinding by the minute! Job stress job falling off my shoulders.

anyway, at lunch, I made an appointment with RONNIE (sales & marketing) and he's a terrific Tour Guide. very chilled & also showed me the TWIN SANDS RESORT. wow. great atmosphere! beautiful apartments, infinity pool, -ideal for Singles or young families etc-

I instantly wished my Jenny was there to see this. a big Hallo! to PAPPADOMS RESTAURANT too, we both love Indian food and this was the real thing. Beach access, local tourist spots, cool shops all right there. felt like Mr Romantic....but a bit lonely too!

when you get out there say hi to PAN & JO at the ASP bar! thanks guys-- cocktails tasted as good as they looked! amazing colours. and the best Espresso when I needed one!

one complaint- the Bars across the road can be a bit noisy after 10pm- 2am but people are just enjoying themselves. Anyhow...now I'll have to force myself to go back to phantastic Phuket to show Jenny- may even get Married out there!!

Room Tip: ask one of the Marketing team to get the very best out of this terrific spot!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo