Seaview Patong Hotel
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
Amari Phuket(Patong)
1,779 results
All reviewsquiet endacross the roadsister hotelfront office managerbangla roadevery morningbreakfast was excellentbars and restaurantsthe hustle and bustlehotel is situatedbeach towelsamazing hotelspecial thankscleaned every dayour honeymoonvisit phukethappy hour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We stayed 4 nights in this hotel located at the seaside of Patong Beach. The location is quite ideal as is not at the busiest part of the beach and shopping/nightlife area but still within 5 minutes walking distance. In the meantime you have nice overview over the complete beach and pier with arrivals. Besides covenient room and swimming facilities the staff is very friendly. We had a creative session for Loy Kratong festival celibration in which we made flower gifts with the staff of the hotel. Ms Wanida, Ms Soy, Ms Noy and her staff were very helpfull and friendly throughout our stay.

Room Tip: seaview room is extra nice
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Storminator
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I and my partner stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. I must say, it was great! The hotel is clean and beautiful. Room is fair enough. Big thanks to the staff especially to Ms. Floi, very accomodating and helpful. We will definitely comeback. Hope to see you again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank carlo_miguel
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 5days at the beginning of November, I had actually been in Hong Kong and Bangkok beforehand so was looking forward to a relaxing stay, and the staff at this hotel did not disappoint, I arrived on my 40th birthday and was delivered flowers and cake to my room upon arrival, what a great reception. The room was clean and airy and the buffet style breakfast was fantastic, I'm not really a breakfast person but certainly tried my best to make the most, I can honestly say I have never been to hotel where the staff are more friendly, they ask every morning if there is anything you need for your room and don't be afraid to ask because they are more then accommodating.
My only negatives about this hotel, is that it could do with some updating specially the bedding, we all like a good pillow and comfortable bedding, and secondly wi-fi ! In this day and age it should be free ! I think 200 baht for 1 hour is uncalled for, especially seems all the bars and restaurants along the front offer free wi-fi, I talked to many people in the hotel who were going out to eat and drink so as to make use of the free wifi at other locations

Room Tip: Ask about free upgrades
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Cindy J
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Our 2nd visit ,love it! wanida makes everything work ,but she is only1person needs more staff , wanida was at breakfast at7 am , still their at 10 pm(and tired) 15 minute walk to town ( easy walk) by way of the beach , it is really pleasant ,watch the world walk past.Wi/Fi too expensive !!buy a coffee get wi/fi free , might as well have dinner while doing your mail. The owners are penny pinching about time they put their hands in their pockets and invested into what i believe was their first hotel in puket. The staff try very hard but are understaffed , the kitchenis slow slow ,40 minutes for a simple lunch snack, ridiculouse ,we walked up the street 200mtrs satand had a meal served in 20 mins.Room was adequate , no we did not get the roomwe asked for ( front facing the bay) however the duty manager was able to move us to an acceptable room .Hotel food was reasonable , not cheap ,average variety , breakfast pretty good pre pay it or it will be pricey. Pool is pretty quiet and relaxing , our room was over the pool which suited us well .Hotel is old and wearing a bit around the edges . A bit like an old shoe well worn , leakes arond the edges , lets the weather in a bit ,lost their shine but confortable and familia. We are an older couple , have visited asia 18or20 times ,i am in my 70 s and it suits us both ,we were in thailand 16days , we managed to book a deal at a 5 1/2 star the week prior to Seaview, it was great ,we were completely spoiled (we were in koh lac) very very nice , however puket seaview gave us access to entertainment via the beach , the town and justplain old people watching .Yes WANIDA and staff we will be back as soon as i have a new hip!!! thanks to you all hope to see you all again real soon . TONY KAREN MICKLE. p/s the owners, fix the wi/fi every restuarant ,coffee shop, fast food outlet, guesthouse now has it free !!!

Room Tip: 4th floor overlooks the street power cables better view cooler breezes we stayed on 3rd floor at the town end near jacuzzi pool , quiet @ peecefull , carefull i think they put sports teams their as it furtherestaway from reception and main pool, its a long walk from reception
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank bluebear22
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Travelling as a group of 3 we were told on arrival our room had been upgraded to a suite. Very excited we were shown to our room and our hearts sank. The walls were covered in mould, the bathroom was dark and dirty, and the bed set up for a third person was a horrible temporary bed with no headboard-we were so disappointed!! We didn't know what to do but felt we had to say something as we were staying for 11 nights. After 'complaining' (which I dnt usually do!) we were upgraded to a sea view suite (room no 335). A much bigger room. Bathroom was fab- much bigger and cleaner. And a large balcony overlooking the sea.
There was still a little bit of mould on the walls and sadly they brought the same 'travel' bed in but on the whole so much better.
We were sold this hotel as a 4 star- I would say that the downstairs facilities are fantastic and definitely warrant that rating but the rooms are no where near.
The staff were lovely and helpful, especially those who serve at breakfast. This is what all the people of Thailand are like!!
Wifi is not included- which I think is pretty poor. For 5days it costs 1,000 baht per person so for three of us would have cost pretty much £60 for only half our stay. One of us bought it but it didn't work at all anyway. We called reception about it a couple of times but they didn't do anything- so at the end of the trip we asked them to deduct it from our bill. We were initially told no, then offered 50% discount, after a 45 min debate with management over the phone they finally deducted it.
Also the cleaners weren't particularly good. They change the towels daily but the room wasn't cleaned the whole of our stay. A couple of times we had to call reception because they hadn't replenished the toilet paper. And when I requested more shower gel they ignored the request. There was no iron in the room so we called done to reception thinking they would bring one to us but they said they dnt have this facility- in my opinion this is a basic hotel facility!
We settled our bill the night before leaving as we had an early departure and as we got into the taxi we were called back and charged for a 'rock top' drink from the mini bar. Non of us even knew what one was (lol) and there was nothing in our mini bar to have taken in the first place!
We had a great time in Thailand. And a great holiday in general but before we came we had no idea where to stay so went off our travel agents advice... But I was a little disappointed with this recommendation. We had previously stayed in Bangkok in another 3/4star hotel which was fantastic- in comparison this was definitely not the same level.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends