“Great for the price”

Ranked #11 of 319 Hotels in Patong
San Francisco
“Great for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

I switched to this hotel after a frustrating experience checking into another one(Quick story: I checked in, then went to my room ready for a nice hot post-flight shower, only to discover they had no hot water. I was informed then that due to a broken solar panel, they would not have any hot water for the forseeable future, certainly not for the duration of my stay. Why they didn't tell me this at check in is a mystery. When I complained, their strange response was "how hot do you need your water anyway?")

Whatever. The point is, I was forced to find a replacement hotel fast, and used tripadvisor to find this one, which was only a few blocks from the "who needs hot water?" place I had booked first.

I am glad I made the switch. The price was just a little more than my original booking, but the quality of the room and hotel was much better. This was overall a great place to stay. The facility was clean, the staff were courteous and accommodating, the pool area was well-maintained and the breakfast was a bounty of options, including eggs made to order and decent coffee.

My room had a great view of the water, and a private balcony (or at least, private in the sense that it isn't shared... when you sit out on it, of course, you see all the others.) The main beach road separates the hotel from the beach, and it is quite noisy, but this really didn't bother me, and when the sliding glass doors were shut much of that noise was mitigated.

I was a little put out by having to pay an additional $10 per day for wifi, but at least the signal was strong to my room.

I ordered room service twice. The club sandwich was tasty, great fries, and also they make a good Tom Kha Gai. The pizza was doughy and not terribly good. They provide two free bottles of water per day, and a stocked mini bar with reasonable prices.

All in all, I am very happy with my stay and would come back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank chloes_dad_sf

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

what a wonderful holiday. Being looked after by such friendly and smiling staff. Across from the beach means its a fantastic location, and situated at the far end of the main road its away from the madding crowd so more quiet. The spa and massages were awesome, the breakfasts offer a huge variety of quisine and are eaten on the large patio looking out onto the shore dotted with longtail boats. We have awesome memories of this holiday. Ask them for a sea-facing room with balcony.

Room Tip: Ask for sea facing room with balcony
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Debby_Pretorius
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel with my family for 11 nights and it would be hard to find much of a fault!!! Staff were extremely polite, pleasant, accommodating and helpful in all aspects. Hotel and room were clean and I would have no hesitation in returning for a second visit!!! Hopefully be back soon!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Diane M
Peterhead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

We stayed here as part of our Thailand trip this year.
When we first checked in the room we were given was in an awful mess, it seemed like no one had opened the door in a long time as the dust was thick, even in the cupboards etc.
I think this is mostly due to the fact that we had booked the day before and headed down from Pattaya.
It is no excuse and they should have checked the room before putting us in after it lying such a long time but the way we were treated because of this more than compensated.
We were upgraded to a pool villa room for our stay and the staff couldn't have been more apologetic, the manager approached us many times in the coming week to check that we were happy.
The hotel itself is nice and well kept, it is located right on the outside edge of Patong so is far enough away from the noise of the centre.
There are two pools, we only used the one that our room led on to but both were a good size and there ware always plenty of beds.
We only really had breakfast apart from the buffet at the Loy Krathong festival night but the restaurant seemed good enough to me.
The festival night was great, all the staff got involved and it was a fun night.
The only real complaint I would have would be the lack of free Wifi, I did negotiate a deal for us for our week but the initial prices were a joke. In this day and age no hotel should be charging for it at all, the hotel must have covered the installation costs long ago.

• Stayed November 2013
5 Thank JAMIE W
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

We stayed 4 nights in this hotel located at the seaside of Patong Beach. The location is quite ideal as is not at the busiest part of the beach and shopping/nightlife area but still within 5 minutes walking distance. In the meantime you have nice overview over the complete beach and pier with arrivals. Besides covenient room and swimming facilities the staff is very friendly. We had a creative session for Loy Kratong festival celibration in which we made flower gifts with the staff of the hotel. Ms Wanida, Ms Soy, Ms Noy and her staff were very helpfull and friendly throughout our stay.

Room Tip: seaview room is extra nice
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Storminator
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I and my partner stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. I must say, it was great! The hotel is clean and beautiful. Room is fair enough. Big thanks to the staff especially to Ms. Floi, very accomodating and helpful. We will definitely comeback. Hope to see you again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank carlo_miguel
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 5days at the beginning of November, I had actually been in Hong Kong and Bangkok beforehand so was looking forward to a relaxing stay, and the staff at this hotel did not disappoint, I arrived on my 40th birthday and was delivered flowers and cake to my room upon arrival, what a great reception. The room was clean and airy and the buffet style breakfast was fantastic, I'm not really a breakfast person but certainly tried my best to make the most, I can honestly say I have never been to hotel where the staff are more friendly, they ask every morning if there is anything you need for your room and don't be afraid to ask because they are more then accommodating.
My only negatives about this hotel, is that it could do with some updating specially the bedding, we all like a good pillow and comfortable bedding, and secondly wi-fi ! In this day and age it should be free ! I think 200 baht for 1 hour is uncalled for, especially seems all the bars and restaurants along the front offer free wi-fi, I talked to many people in the hotel who were going out to eat and drink so as to make use of the free wifi at other locations

Room Tip: Ask about free upgrades
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends