“Not that great”

Seaview Patong Hotel
Ranked #12 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Service was actually terrible! The room was okay, but the drain was full of hair, the port into the ceiling was open, the floor drain in the bathroom was off and the room was fairly dirty.

Never used the pool as we didn't feel comfortable. Would not stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank PilotHlm
SeaviewPatongHotel, General Manager at Seaview Patong Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear PilotHlm,

Greeting from Seaview Patong Hotel.

Thank you for staying with us recently and for sharing your comments with us. We will improve the service.

Looking forward to welcome you back here again soon.

With warm regards,

Mr. Yalyong Ongsanam

There are newer reviews for Seaview Patong Hotel

Reviewed 12 March 2014

My wife & I spent 6 days at this hotel mid February on the 3rd leg of our journey having visited Bangkok & Chiang Mai. The location is spot on as it's just away from the busy areas but close enough to walk to all popular sites, markets and eateries. The beach is just a skip away across the road which also gives access to the long-tail boats for those wishing to explore neighbouring beaches. The hotel has excellent facilities which are all in immaculate condition. The suites are a little dated but certainly perfect for our requirements and are serviced regularly. We were happily accommodated after one night when requesting a room with a sea view.
The buffet breakfast presents quite a variety of well prepared, tasty fare. Cocktails and meals were prepared quickly for lounging around the pool areas. "Happy Hour" is generally everyday around 2:00pm-6:00pm with very reasonable pricing. The only negative....and I say this tongue-in-cheek......is the evening entertainment. The two singers would not do very well in a karaoke contest. But I guess this added to the charm of our stay.
What can make or break a holiday is the attitude of staff. In our case all the staff we came into contact with was extremely polite, friendly and helpful. I have to make special mention of the reception personnel, Mr Roldan, Ms Jackie, Ms Jen, Ms Joy and our very favourite F&B lady, Ms Wanida. These individuals are a credit to what is a very fine establishment. I look forward to my next visit there.

Clive & Farieda Ernstzen

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank matmik2014
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We choose the romantic getaway package based on the good reviews. Most importantly, it is near the shopping mall, night market All in all, It was a good choice.

- fantastic location 10 minutes walk to the Shopping mall and night market where there are plentiful choice of good local food,
- Great Pool with a good sunset view. Go for the happy hour drinks from 1200hrs to 1800hrs.
- Good view from the balcony. However, if you get the lower floors, you get more of a city view than a sea view.
- Good Breakfast with a variety, Friendly breakfast staff.
- Clean and tidy room, pretty new hotel. Responsible house maids.

service standard as it is a pretty new hotel.

When we check in we have welcome drink and cold towels, perhaps its not in our package and most importantly, the moment we stepped into the hotel, the hotel staff very welcome and friendly

the room maid very friendly and breakfast staff, very good service..

We visited the spa while massages can be found outside the hotel and at a cheaper price but we like here because professional

The staff are very attentive and remembered us by name and this was a very nice touch.

I would highly recommend this hotel to every one

I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Deluxe room near swimming pool very good
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank peter j
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I will admit that after reading all the positive reviews, I was a little cynical that any hotel could be that good. But I am happy to say that the reviews were accurate. We stayed at the Seaview Patong for ten days. We were originally in room 417, but after two days were moved to room 332, which had a balcony. This room move was offered by Jackie on reception, who was very helpful. The staff at the hotel were all very friendly and professional. Nothing was too much trouble. The bathroom in room 417 was a little small, and does need an update, but it was clean, which to me is the most important thing. The bathroom in room 332 was larger and slightly more modern, as I think that was a newer block of rooms. Breakfast was great - a variety of food to suit all tastes. The only problem we had was with the toaster - it took a few attempts to cook toast the way we like it. It might have been user error. We only ate dinner in the resort once, as we prefer to venture out of an evening, but the food was very good. We didn't use the spa or fitness centre, so I can't comment on them. I would recommend this hotel, if you want to stay at this end of the beach.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony and a sea view. I think Levels 2 and 3 are the best.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank teena2503
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is such a lovely hotel and the grounds are absolutely beautiful! The grounds are immaculate and had such a wonderful design. Our room was ultra modern and spacious. Our room was cleaned everyday and I loved the rain shower in the bathroom by cleaning lady I had such a hard time leaving. The daily breakfast buffet included was wonderful as well. There was always plenty of food to select from and included exotic fruits (to me) such as dragon fruit i love it

the first room i have room ground floor no view i said to lady at breakfast because she said to me in the morning after first night any problem and when she know the problem she recommend me to move the room .. and i have a nice room with seaview

It not only the first day when she said to me about the problem but she always ask to me and every guest every day it make me like a president

The swimming pool very clean have sunbed with big towel and have staff stand by take care of you

I want to say thank you to staff and management team because you team very good you make our holidays at seaview patong hotel very very happy sorry i not remember all the staff name but for next time when i come back am sure to member all of your name.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend to friend and family ....

Room Tip: Choose the room with seaview
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank marie g
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We had a great time here , one of the better 4 star hotels we ever stayed at. It's relaxed rooms have nice views,

Breakfast very delicious , have many choice, coffee makers for fresh bean coffee, your tables beautiful and can see the beach in the morning i love it very much....

rooms , nicely renovated , very comfortable beds , and great frontal seaviews ,

Every morning have staff looking you and ask every it ok .. we love this slots because when you have any problem you can tell them . and they will do for you immediately

Other hotel must to do like this .... because can up grade your hotel to be 5 ++++ stars.

Staff very friendly and helpful . We can't mention to someone because every staff and management all good service ...

Receptionist speaking English very good / lady for clean room the we know she can't speaking english but she very helpful and smiling all the time

We want to say thank you to chef and staff at restaurant they make you good food and good service

we know some review said hotel look old and not clean but i can say too them the hotel very clean and good renovate

Pool area very clean staff always asking you for drink and lunch if you like , enough sun beds/ loungers even when many guests in hotel.

You don't need shuttle bus service because you can walk to bangla shopping or you like tuk tuk just walk outside the hotel

We had a great time , we love seaview patong and all the staff ,and we will
Highly recommended.

We hope to come back and see you all again ....

Room Tip: room on top floor with nice view
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank janie y
Reviewed 9 March 2014

me and my husband stay here 26 days we very happy with service from the staff , mr. alex he is always smile and good take care and mr. cherdsak , he is funny boy and my room very clean every day the location of the hotel near shopping and on the beach . we seat at the pool every day and drink mango smoothie and we like rice chicken very yummy ...
thank you to ms. jackie (reception) , ms. wanida she very good bosss...
we hope come back here again next year...

Room Tip: room 303 very nice and looking beach and the pool
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple