This plans was truely gorgeous.. I'll do my review in pros and cons.. Unfortunatly there was a few cons..
Upon booking this resort I actually booked the wrong Avista at kata beach but I wanted the one in Patong.. I emailed the hotel but they couldn't transfer my information to the other hotel so that was annoying I had to cancel wait for a refund and then re-book myself (purely my fault) but they weren't giving any assistance.
- I was meeting up with a friend so out flights were arriving and departing at Seperate times (staying in the same room) so all up we had to make booking for 4 airport transfer which are $1500 THB each way! Which is $50Aud.. I think this is a rip off and airport transfers should be included
- the shuttle bus to juncelyon and the private beach only runs at scheduled times and is almost always booked out they definately need to do something about it.. I think they would benefit from having a bus that leaves every hour or half an hour.. Also if ur going to the private beach make sure u take money because u have to pay to get in which isn't stated anywhere in the hotel..
-when u are laying by the pool or swimming and want water u need to pay for it.. I think it should be free especially with the weather in Phuket
-if u don't catch the shuttle bus it's $300THB to get to Patong beach and it's too far to walk
- my flight was delayed 3 hours and there was still someone waiting to collect me at the airport which I was really happy about the check in was fast as they could see I was exhausted and just wanted to go to sleep it was 3am at this time I was given a welcome drink and flowers
- there is a pillow menu in the room.. We were in room 811 looking over the pool put room was clean big and comfortable
-it was my friends birthday so there was a cake in the room on arrival this was nice but my friend wasn't arriving until the next night and her birthday wasn't until the end of the week.. It's the thought that counts!
- when you check in you can choose when u want your room to be cleaned that's the best ever
-there are 2 swim up pool bars one in each pool the cocktails are great and aren't overpriced
-the buffet breakfast is huge.. There's an egg station and a station for stir fry they cater for all.. Vegetarian dishes also, fresh squeezed fruit juices.. Cereal.. Breads.. Cakes.. Youghurts etc
- the hotel was 50% off when we booked so it was a bargain
-concierge was fantastic they organised all our tours and we could book them to the room
-the private beach is much nicer then Patong.. Make sure u go just remember to take money to pay but you do get a lay down chair and umbrella there is also toilets and a store there
I can't comment on the spa as I thought it was overpriced you can go to the top level of juncelyon and get an hour full body massage for $300THB better yet a 3hour package for under $3000THB so I went there instead!
We only ate at Avista one night and it was the BBQ buffet by the pool.. It's didn't really have a great selection and it was expensive u can get way better food along Patong beach for cheaper..
Overall stay was great!
This is a new hotel and it's decorated beautifully If they fix a few little things up it can definately be 5 star!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa, PhuketParadise in Phuket with Fresh Perspectives on the Perfect Tropical EscapeAs a discerning traveller, you understand that there are two sides to every story. Our view is, why limit yourself to a single point of view? Avista Hideaway Resort and Spa offers two equally mesmerising panoramas from its perch upon a steep green peak in southern Phuket.Ensconced in your lavish, luxuriously appointed guest room, Jacuzzi Duplex or the very private pool suite, we assure you of complete privacy. One of the vistas brings you back to nature as you gaze over a sea of trees to the calm of Tri Trang Beach; a contemplative outlook, pristine, green, serene. A contrasting view, due north is an expansive Andaman seascape, azure by day, glittering party strip by night, awash with the possibilities of paradise.This is luxury from a new angle. Naturally, you will find the expected amenities and cosseted comforts one expects from the ultra luxe tropical escapes: a private beach club, indulgent spa and dining adventures, 24-hour butler and seamless service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Southall Travel, Accorhotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery By Sofitel