“Tranquility & Serenity”

Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #6 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

As what the name of the resort have stated, it is really a hideaway! Located on top of a hill at the outskirt of Patong central surrounded by greens, the panoramic view got my wife and I blown away. When we walked in the lobby, it was as if we are walking into a palace!

My wife and I booked a duplex jacuzzi suite for our weekend get away and we totally enjoyed our stayed! It was so relaxing! Spacious bathroom equipped with bathtub and rain shower. Jacuzzi is located at the balcony. There's a spiral stair up to the second floor and there are outdoor sofa for us to chill. It's a pity that we didn't get fully utilize the facility as the weather was bad and kept raining. (August is phuket monsoon season) Another bad thing is that the view up on the second is now blocked by a construction site.

Worrying of nothing to do? No worries, the resort have games room equipped with a pool table and a table tennis (Ping Pong) for you to kill your time. If not, soak yourself in their infinity pool and enjoy the stunning view of the horizon. The resort also provide free shutter service to bring you down to Jungcelyon if you want to travel to Patong beach.

In conclusion, we totally enjoy our stay with Avista Hideaway and this is not complete with all the friendly and helpful staff there! Kudo to them! I would recommend for people who seek a quiet holiday. As for the dulex suite I wouldn't recommed to book as mention above that the view is block unless you like to suntan on your own roof and enjoy the outdoor jacuzzi.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_Avista_Hideaway, General Manager at Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Edgar G,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway and thank you for your excellent feedback.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your relaxing stay with us and would recommend us. It is pleasure to note that you liked the games room, infinity pool with stunning view of the horizon, free shuttle service and friendly & helpful staff.

The resort is indeed a great place for some breathtaking views and photography options. We are very proud that you mentioned about lobby ‘as if walking into a palace’. The hotel style has been a contemporary modern interpretation of classic Thai concept built around a central courtyard.

Our duplex Jacuzzi suite is designed in a very contemporary fashion and yet blends seamlessly with the surroundings to create the sense of togetherness for couples looking for a quiet time, peaceful time away from the pressures of daily life that perfect Hideaway.

The construction around the hotel is a temporary phase. We understand that it is not very pleasant to look at, however, we unfortunately have no control over external factors.

We look forward to welcome you back at Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa Phuket for a longer stay to enjoy the facilities and services on offer.

There are newer reviews for Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel has it all. I really don`t know where to start, but I have seen a lot of hotels during both my travel around on my holidays, and for sure more than most people in my work life. This hotel has become one of my top two hotels visited ever.

The reason for this is many, but first of all, the hotel is so nicely located on top of a hill, just five min by tuk tuk from the busy Patong beach area. It is a quiet hidaway! The hotel is only one and a half year old, and I actually stayed at this hotel in August last year when it was newly opened. I have a rule on my holidays to not visit a hotel twice, but this year I had to break the rule, just because of what a great property this is for a perfect holiday when in Patong.

The design of the hotel is so nicely done, and with spectacular sea view from our room. Stayed in the same building this year as last year. It is the Avista Club rooms that are in a quiet area of the hotel, with a pool that are not allowed for children, that is so great, since they have two other pools on the site to choose from. This is a great example for other hotel to do the same, since a lot of people don't travel with children and just want a quiet holiday - that`s what you are getting when you are choosing a Club rom at this hotel.

The rooms are just really great, with a large balcony facing the sea (at least most of them) A great room with a bed that are not like other beds slept in during this trip - they are really comfortable and with bed linens you just dream about - soft, cool and off course clean. There is a huge bathroom in the hotel room that offers a bathtub and a separate shower. All nicely decorated - a huge plus for light enough by the mirror :-)

The hotel offers of course "turn down" service during the evening, that is a little extra that I really enjoys.

Food - the hotel holds two restaurant, the main restaurant is located by the main pool a little away from the Club rooms. I have to mention that the hotel is built in a slope, so there is a lot of stairs around the whole property so if you don`t like walking the stairs this is not a hotel for you, but see it as a exercise after having all the delicious food that are served - you are going to need it ;-) As I said the main restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Inside or outside on a nicely decorated balcony in what I would call a little colony style. Such a nice place to eat.

The other restaurant is on the roof of the main building, and I will just add a link to my review at this visit here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297930-d6208374-r221458130-Sizzle_at_Avista_Hideaway_Resort_Spa_Phuket-Patong_Kathu_Phuket.html#REVIEWS

There are tree pool bars around the property that offers drinks, and food all day when you are relaxing by any of the pools, so you don`t need to walk anywhere to get something to eat or drink, that is really great when enjoying you holidays.

I have to note that I have seen people bringing their own drinks and asking for glasses and ice cubes from the bar just to mix their own drinks by the sunbeds. I just think this is so rude to the hotel, and really a lack of respect to the people who works here and are trying to do their best to make you comfortable, and I really hope that the hotel in the future will not allow this from their guests. If you can not afford to by from the hotel bar or the restaurant you should probably stay another place so that the people that really appreciate this fantastic hotel can enjoy it the way it should be enjoyed.

What is worth mentioning is that if you have some issues, small or big, the hotel really makes an effort to solve them, so just don`t hesitate to tell them, they will fix it, I promise.

The staff - there is a lot of people to thank, and I cant name them all, but thank you all for making our second stay at this hotel such a great experience. But i have to mention some of the staff. Tim - the head chef - again, thank you for creating all that lovely food - you know I am grateful :-) And Chutiwan (I don't know if it is correct spelled so sorry for that,) but you are always welcoming with a huge smile at breakfast or whenever you are present.

Robert at the front desk. You are really one of a kind. Thank you again for meeting us in the car with cold cloths and fresh water from the previous hotel that we stayed in, that is memorable, and thank you for always doing your job with a smile, you have what we in our hotel company has as a motto - energy, courage and enthusiasm. A service attitude that is way beyond expectations.

And at least, Monhich, thank you for running this fantastic resort, take good care of your fantastic staff.

I am adding some photos, but, it is not actually necessary since the hotel`s hompage pictures really don`t lie :-)

Room Tip: Make sure to book a Avista Club room if you are not traveling with children, it`s a great escape fro...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Arnfinn H

Dear ArnfinnHeller,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway and thank you for taking the time for your impressions of Avista Hideaway.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your second stay with us. It is always a great motivator to hear praise from our colleagues from the hospitality industry who are obviously well travelled and work in and run successful hotels. Your compliments encourage us to continue to do better and provide a very high quality of service consistently.

We are very proud to have one of the best locations in Patong which offers a real Hideaway location as it allows the guests to enjoy the peace and quiet yet the hustle bustle of Patong is not far away.

Our Avista Club rooms are truly a romantic haven for couples looking to spend that alone time together and enjoying each other company. All our rooms are built to provide the maximum privacy so even if the resort is fully booked you can still get those private moments and that is the reason we have ensured that one pool is for adults only.

All our pools are spread over the property and each location creates those memorable moments that we strive for. And all our guests love spending time there soaking in the sun and catching up on their reading while enjoying the lovely cocktails prepared by our pool bar team. Please assure that we have one Club Pool is for adults only.

Chef Tim and his culinary team will be very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our food at Vista and Sizzle were, which we believe, are one of the best on the island. We believe in using the freshest ingredients to create a memorable culinary journey for our guests.

Many thanks for your suggestion about own drinks bringing that we will consider and work with our team on.

We certainly try to ensure that all guests receive the best possible service from the moment they arrive until they depart and we are glad the arrival experience left an impression. We are thankful for your acknowledgement of our service. Our staff is trained to provide exceptional service to our guests by delivering quality rooms and personalized service with a touch of the warm Thai smile. Chef Tim, Chutiwan and Robert will be particularly pleased to hear that they played a small part in your wonderful holiday experience.

Team Avista looks forward to welcome you back again & again and assures you that you will continue to get the same level of service that you experienced during your stays.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Firstly, I have to say this hotel is beautiful. When you first entry the hotel everything opens up, and it's really... I mean really beautiful.

Welcome drinks are fantastic and after picking which pillow you would like, they help you to your room. That's an adventure in itself because the hotel is literally a maze.

The rooms are as pictured, big bed, big shower, sea view. Wow.

But After a few days I got my first shock, I wanted to do some washing. 110baht for 1 shirt. Yes, more then $3 to wash a shirt. I mean lol. It's 50baht per kg normally. It was cheaper for me to rent a scooter for the week and drive down to drop my washing off, then put one load of washing in at the hotel.

Next shock was at dinner, which was cooked perfectly. But when getting my bill, I noticed they had charged us 220baht + 10% service tax + 7% government tax for a bottle of water. 259baht thats $8.60 for a bottle of water, same bottle 40baht at 7/11.

That pretty much continued with room service menus, drinks by the pool, and anything else we looked at doing through the hotel. Which sucked.

We ended up doing everything outside the hotel. Including buying drinks and booking tours.

Beautiful. Expensive.

4  Thank Chris A
GM_Avista_Hideaway, General Manager at Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Chris A,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway and thank you for your comments.

We are glad that you liked the beautiful hotel and fantastic welcome drinks. When designing our Resort one of the main areas for detail was in the Guest rooms, this is one of the crucial factors of any Resort and we have tried to ensure all rooms are large, airy and offer privacy when needed.

We believe the joy of staying in the hotel is in discovering a new area everyday and yes the hotel does seem like a maze on the first day but our guests get used to it very quickly and then the sheer beauty of the place overshadows everything. We are however, adding few more signage around the resort to help our guests navigate better.

As for your remark about the price of laundry and a bottle of water, our prices are no different from other high end resorts and are very competitive.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

This hotel is perfect for couples! There were no kids around our hotel room and the atmosphere was very relaxing and really made me fall in love with Thailand!
For a first time overseas, Hideaway really made me love my trip and was spot on with service and value for money!
I would highly recommend to stay here as the dirty smell you can smell from Bangla Rd is no where near Avista (being hidden up the hill) and 300 baht to and from the hotel was well worth the money as you are out of the traffic in the main part of town!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angelia G
GM_Avista_Hideaway, General Manager at Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Angelia G,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa. Thank you for your excellent feedback and recommending us.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the ideal place for a perfect ‘Hideaway’. The vistas that you get from up the mountain create great memories coupled with the fantastic experience at the resort, a great location for couples.

Ensuring our guests enjoy a perfect holiday is our prime motto and checking for and delivering your preference is just a small way to let you know that we care for you and would like you to be extremely comfortable during your stay with us.

Team Avista looks forward to welcome you back soon and assures you that you will continue to get the same level of service that you experienced during this stay.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Had a week away from the Melbourne winter. Best thing about the place is the staff you were all lovely and tried their hardest to please. We had afternoon tea and cocktail package, the cocktails were really good and a pleasant way to spend an hour in the early evening. Breakfast was a good selection and the food was good in the restaurant. Did not eat on the roof top sizzle but understand it was good. Did a cooking class which was ok and gave you some basic recipes to play with which have actually worked since we got home. Courtesy bus takes you down the hill to town and back you just have to work your timing out. Phuket night market on sat and sunday nights is worth a look. Shopping centre prices there for real brand name items are more expensive that in Australia. The layout of the hotel on a hill means it has been designed with lots of steps and very indirect paths to get to restaurant etc. They will take you around the outside on a golf cart if you ask. Also it was very windy when we were there and the first night it blew the sliding doors on the balcony off the bottom rail, lovely guy came and fixed it in the morning. But they still rattled a bit during the night. Rooms were looked after beautifully during the day. Would probably not go back as we have seen patong now. But if Patong/Phuket is where you want to go i would recommend as like as you are fit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear emelian,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway and thank you for your comments.

We are happy to note that you liked the cocktails, breakfast and cooking class.

Our employees are our biggest asset and they have all been selected on their ability to provide the perfect holiday experience to our guests. We certainly try to ensure that all guests receive the best possible service from the moment they arrive until they depart and we are glad the arrival experience left an impression.

Since we operate our shuttle bus every hour our guests are able to find a suitable time to take the bus down to Patong to enjoy the action.

Being located on a hillside our guests are able to get a fantastic view of the twin bays of Patong and Karon. It also means walking a bit, however, to overcome this we have club cars which are available 24 hours to transfer the guests from their rooms to the lobby. The other way of looking at this is that our guests are able to burn away the extra calories they put on after enjoying the great food dished out by Chef Tim and his culinary team.

We look forward to seeing you back and Avista Hideaway on your next visit to Phuket.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We loved this hotel - they had welcome drinks, flowers and when told it was our wedding anniversary, even provided champagne and cake! It was still very new when we visited last year and the pools were clean and inviting.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a sea view - you can watch lovely sunsets
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear TravellingCat2014,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway and thank you for your excellent feedback.

It is always a pleasure to hear from guests who carry with them memories of a great experience.

Team Avista looks forward to welcome you to spend many more of your anniversaries with us.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We spent 3 nights in Avista Club Vista Room (when i was about 7 months pregnant!). I did not find any difficulty walking around the resort, though with lot of stairs and it rained everyday. The room and hotel facilities were both great, with little suggestion i.e. to have brighter walkway from the guard house/resort entrance towards the hotel lobby. I guess, with the uneven surface, buggy going on and dimmed light, it would be dangerous for the guests to walk around. Worth mentioning, the mattress, linen and pillows were so comfortable. The room furnitures and towel may be of inconvenience for petite sized guest, as the towel is rather huge and heavy, while small furniture such as the wardrobe upper rack is difficult to reach (you still have the lower rack though).

Having breakfast/dinner at Vista and cocktails at Rendez Sue were all pleasure. Need not mentioning the pools in detailed as they were always super. We met some staffs that were very helpful e.g. Marvin who let us know quite a bit about the resort and Nicole who always ensured that we were well served at Vista. While the surprise from the hotel in celebrating our 'babymoon' had been memorable! A big thank you to Avista! And the extra pillow for expectant mother had been helpful and made my sleep so comfy!

Nevertheless, we do also find:

Check in : We were stopped at the resort's guardhouse as our driver was informed by the guard that no large vehicle (which was a van) was allowed to reach the lobby due to safety purpose (and we agreed). But no one appproaching us at the guardhouse for more than 15 minutes (under the hot sun too) & with the luggages aside, leaving us wondering what to do next. I guess, it would be nice to have some front desk staffs to guide the guests upon reaching the hotel than leaving then pondering.

Room: Our air con was malfunction on our last night at the wrong timimg. The technician came to our room at 12am, spending about 35 minutes to fix the air con room. Yet, we received a call from the front desk at 7.30am if we were to check out at this time (ours was 11am). It was annoying.

Parking: We reached the hotel at 10.30pm and the 2nd level car park was full. The security guard asked to park our car opposite the lobby entrance and we did. Yet, another staff came to us and asked us to leave our car back to 2nd floor which was full. Absolutely confused.

Dear Karenzhia,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway and thank you for your feedback.

We are glad that you liked the great room and hotel facilities, comfortable mattress, linen and pillows especially extra pillows for expectant mother. We also feel that it is the small personal touches which make the difference. Many Resorts offer fantastic rooms, scenery and similar facilities as we do, but to ensure we stand out from the rest we try to concentrate on all the small details and add an extra touch of luxury.

Chef Tim and his culinary team will be very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and dinner at Vista was, which we believe, is one of the best on the island. We believe in using the freshest ingredients to create a memorable culinary journey for our guests. We are also glad that you enjoyed the cocktails at Rendez-Vue and pools.

We are thankful for your acknowledgement of our service. At Avista each employee is selected on their ability to provide the highest level of guest experience and we are happy to note that we could live up to your expectations. Marvin and Nicole will be particularly pleased to hear that they played a small part in your wonderful holiday experience.

Many thanks for your suggestion about a brighter walkway, room furniture and towel that we will consider and work with our team on.

We apologize about the check in, room and parking issues that you experienced during your stay with us and would like to assure you that we will take this up very strongly with our team to put corrective measures in place.

We look forward to have you stay with us again and experience the enhanced services based on your recommendations.

Avista Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 328 in Patong
Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach

Been to Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel? Share your experiences!