“Why to stay somewhere else???”

Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central
Ranked #22 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Stayed for four nights in May'13 with family. Thoroughly enjoyed the stay. Location is the best thing to admire about this hotel...hardly a hundred steps from the Patong beach. Rooms are brand new and tastefully furnished. There is no mini-bar but there is a fridge which can be stuffed with cheaper beverages from nearby Seven-Eleven. The vibrant Bangla road is 10 minutes walk away. The air-conditioning is permanently ON. The open air lobby area is also excellent. Free desktops for surfing high-speed internet is available. You can get towels for the beach. Awesome complimentary breakfast...All this for a very reasonable price. I can't think of a reason for staying somewhere else in Patong.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are similar.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank c_b_goel
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

Dear “c_b_goel”

Thank you for your great review. It is great to see that many reviewers on tripadvisor like our concept of great value for money in a great location. Our slogan “save here, spend elsewhere” relates as well to the fridge. Why stocking a minibar where most of our guests like to have their own items in there what they like and get from the shops and markets. We do offer drinks and snacks at the lobby 24 hours a day and have as well a vending and ice machine in the lobby for our guest convenience (and as you mention we have seven-eleven and food mart on either side in close distance too).

Let us know when you are making your next visit to Patong

Sincere regards
Dominic

Write a ReviewReviews (1,589)

Reviewed 8 May 2013

My partner, friends & I stayed at this great hotel in early April for 8 nights. It opened late last year & the Holiday Inn Express exceeded our expectation of clean fresh rooms, spacious modern lobby & decent pool for AUD$75 per night. The rooms all have a small balcony overlooking the pool area. We love the location, as its only 2 minutes walk to the beach & 10 minutes walk to Bangla Road. The service from all hotel staff was consistently friendly and efficient. The beds are quite soft & comfortable compared to a lot of other hotels in Thailand. I would easily recommend this property for anyone who wants a clean, fresh and friendly hotel stay in a great part of Patong.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shell-n-Scott

Dear “Shell-n-Scott”

Thank you very much for your stay at our hotel and the recommendation of our property. We are under six month old and it is great to get feedback such as yours for our young team. I will pass on your great comments for our room cleanliness and service delivery to my team, which are making all of this happen.

Look forward to welcome you again in near future

Sincere regards

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Put aside any perceptions you may have of the The Phuket version is a modern, and well managed hotel offering just about everything you need close to the action of Patong.
Service throughout was warm and welcoming, especially the team in the breakfast room who were efficient, engaging and searched me out after I left accidentally left my iPad behind. The breakfast itself - well it was basic but fine, and given the total cost of my room at HIE was roughly one third of what I paid recently for a breakfast in a five star Bangkok hotel, I'm not complaining!
Unfortunately the 10 minute walk from Bangla road does not necessarily equate to a quiet nights sleep. Events on the beach - including during my stay Phuket Bike week and Phuket pride meant loud music into the night, whilst poor intra room sound proofing offered just a bit too much insight into my fellow guests behaviors.
The pool area was a pleasant place to spend a few hours but unfortunately the gym is small and offers only a simple set of dumbbells for strength workouts.
It's a shame there is no restaurant within the hotel but that's one of the compromises of the Express brand. If the keen pricing continues, HIE will be a strong contender for my next stay in Patong.

Room Tip: Ground floor room in building 5 have greenery to provide privacy but therefore offer no real view...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Dear “s76”

Thank you for your review and endorsing our brand for great value in a great location. The external event on the beach have impacted our hotel where normally the noise of the Bangla road is staying away from us.

I appreciate your comments of my team's warm and welcome behavior and your understanding of our service delivery with everything you need and nothing you don’t. Saving cost’s with not stocking the minibar fridges, no luggage boys, having no restaurant (Except the breakfast bar which is included in the room price) and no kids club is reducing our overall operations cost which we pass on to our guest in a fantastic location of Patong. For lunch and dinner restaurants we just have the Mam Café opened which is offering Thai and International cuisine which is just in the shops besides the hotel.

With the fitness we have only cardio equipment and the dumb bells at our hotel but across the road to the beach there is the option for full fitness studio for THB 400 a day or THB1500 a week.

Please let me know if your journey is bringing you back to Patong.

Sincere Regards

Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

Recently spent 12 nights at the HIE Patong and for personal reasons had to make 3 reservations, reception kindly synced them all together to ensure we could stay in the same room and our stay was seamless.
The cleanliness of the hotel was of the highest standard, with staff constantly cleaning all the public areas to ensure that 'new' look.
The rooms are well appointed and feature everything you need in a hotel, good tv, plenty of power points, fridge and lovely comfortable bed.
If you are not fussed about room service or pool bars, then this hotel matches many 4&5 star hotels I've stayed in around Thailand.
Location is excellent, near to the beach, plenty of excellent restaurants and shopping.
I have no areas of improvement as this hotel far exceeded our expectations and I will use it again on my next stay in patong.

• Stayed: April 2013
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2013

Dear “Garyb76”

Thank you very much for your great review. I am pleased the team was able to be of great assistance to enable you a great stay with the different bookings numbers and you enjoyed the cleanliness of the hotel.

We are inspired to be a new style of hotel service in South East Asia with great delivery of all the things you need and nothing you don’t. Free breakfast bar for a great start in the morning, free WiFi to be connected with the ones who could not join you on your trip. Amazing location with 2 minutes to the beach, 5 minutes to restaurants, 10 minutes to night life and 15 minutes to Jungceylon for a shopping experience. Great rooms with comfortable beds and soft and firm pillows for your choice to have sweet dreams. This all translates in great value for our rooms that our guest save at the hotel and can spend money elsewhere on their holiday.

Look forward to welcome you again in near future

Reviewed 3 May 2013

Me and my wife stayed here in April 2013 to celebrate our first anniversary...it was a wonderful ambience and calm stay.
Being stayed in holiday inn properties before, everyone was courteous enough and good service.
Good part of this new property is that it's close to beach, just walkable..
Only thing we got our room key access not working wen we returned from beach, but was issued a replacement soon.
Breakfast was good, and wifi was very helpful..

Will reccomend this property for its ambience, closeness to beach, and a very reasonable package ;-)

Will be back next time :-)

Praveen

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Dear “Praveenpkk”

Thank you for your review and very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us for great value, location and the nice feeling in our hotel. My apologies about the key card issue but glad it was resolved very quickly from our team.

We will look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my friends, first time I saw this hotel "I love this place" the lobby so big and very comfortable. Kindly staffs and senior sale manager give us very warm welcome. Rooms very clean and so chic style, They're upgrade my room to suite room with unconditional bcoz I'm IHG Platinum member. I enjoy every area in my room and I love the bed so much. For breakfast we like "congi" very much everybody enjoy! From the hotel just walk 5-10 minutes to the beach. This hotel have everything you need just stay here there is no place like home but holiday inn make me feel like stay at home ;)

Room Tip: If you are IHG Platinum you will get upgrade room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank StylenOw
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Dear “StylenOW”

Thank you very much for your review. We believe to have a great hotel, with great location, lovely designed surrounds and a great team. The benefits of our loyalty club are great and the best part is it is free to join! We are glad your experienced all of this at our Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central.

Let us know when you are coming back

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I'm currently half way through a 6 night stay. The Holiday Inn Express is Fantastic.
All emails I sent before arriving were answered very promptly by the General Manager.
Check in was a breeze with friendly staff. Our two rooms were inter connecting, non smoking, on the top floor, over looking the pool, one with a king bed & the other with two singles as requested.
The rooms are neat, clean & very modern. The rooms have an empty fridge which is now full of drinks & snacks, plenty of storage space, a safe, huge shower & what I like, all power points take any type of plug. As I do a lot of traveling I have all types of plugs so don't have to worry about adapters.
The pool is wonderful with day beds & umbrellas. We like the outdoor shower to rinse off after a day at the beach which is only 50 meters away. Towels are signed out & can be used at the pool, beach or on tours. Shopping is close by & there are wonderful local eateries very close, one that is very good is Linda Seafood, Mmmmmmmm.
Breakfast is very good with a lot to choose from, our room is cleaned every day, without a problem, while we are out.
I would definitely stay here again & recommend to all family & friends. WELL DONE.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ledj2

Dear “ledj2”

Thank you for your review and I am very glad you like our hotel and features. We believe to have a great offering for our guest. We believe to be different than other hotels and talking to today’s guest needs. We offer great value for money that you can save and spend elsewhere. We believe that everyone likes the fridge to have a view cold ones in it but leave everyone has the choice what they would like to add into it. We have the lobby bar and vending machine available in the hotel and 7eleven’s are very close by. We are not delivering all the services a traditional hotel do for example with dinning restaurant, swim up bar or concierge service but we reflect this clearly in our price point to other international hotels in similar locations.

Thank you for sharing your favorite restaurant with Linda Seafood. Will give it a try. My current favorites are the Waisan restaurant just at the beach near the Loma Park first corner and a bit further down the beach the Sabai Seafood restaurant. Great local restaurants at the beach for a lovely sunset.