“enter at own risk”

Ranked #297 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Darwin, Australia
“enter at own risk”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Although there are some positives of this hotel, overall this was the worst hotel experience I have had. Most of the staff are quite nice but there are a few particularly at reception that are rude, lazy and aggressive. The breakfast looks like leftovers. The electricity comes and goes. The worst thing is they were constantly trying to get extra money from me either for nights I had already paid or alleged damage to property in the room. They charged me 700 baht for a stain on the bed sheet I swear wasn't there when i left the room and when i had it professionally cleaned twice they refused to take it back. If you stay here I would suggest checking everything in your room and keep your reciepts for everything, you will need them! Also if they say that you will get two bottles of water a day included in the price, well some days you will get it and some you won't. When I came downstairs on one occassion and asked for my water that wasn't placed in my room they sent a staff member up to my room to check that I wasn't making it up. Won't be coming back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Thai first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Blue Sky for two nights. The checkin took very long. We had to check out of previous hotel at 11am, and waited till 2pm to be checked in. We waited in the restaurant/pool area which was amazing. Very neat and clean. The restaurant serves lovely food. When we finally went up to rooms, we food the rooms clean and comfortable. There's alot of noise from the traffic outside but that didn't irritate us much. The hotel is walking distance from from the famous bangla Road and the beach about 5-10minutes walk. The best part of our stay was meeting Joe the travel agent who sits down stairs in the reception. He took us on an amazing tour of patong and assited us with our booking for the Phi phi island day tour which was fantastic and life changing. He could speak english very well which was a added plus. I found that the other hotel staff didn't understand us half of this time. The restaurant manager told us to leave the pool area before closing time one evening because the bar staff couldn't understand English and had to constantly call him to translate. Over all this is nice hotel is good value for money. Cheap and clean. Close to the beach etc.. Will stay here again

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Bengaluru, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Have never booked something there and after I got information call from my card company that they try to charge 5000 EUR? Contacted them later by mail and they disclosed they got a booking by a agency.
Watch out they try charge on credit card data from 3rd parties provided. This is not serious businessThey tried 5 times, now my credit cad is blooked from institute but they still try. Better not to provide credit card data

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Patong hotels

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Good hotel with few too sweet staff. Breakfast was good. Got complimentary fruit punches. Good location. About 7 min walk to Patong beach. Staff was helpful and allowed us to check in 20 mins early. Pretty good with price. Stayed with 3 friends. Just the extra bed provided was bit uncomfortable. I would recommend to stay here.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

I booked two rooms at this hotel via Expedia. It took about 1+ hour from Patong Airport to reach this hotel, and nobody knew where it was. When we finally arrived at Blue Sky Patong, check-in took forever. When we got our rooms, they were nothing like the pictures we had seen on Expedia -- so we went back to the front desk and the manager just smiled and said they didn't have the rooms that we BOOKED and PAID FOR !! I demanded a refund ... and had to make other arrangements. Lost about 5 hours of our day dealing with Expedia and the hotel manager, and then booking another hotel (without access to local phone, #'s, internet, etc.) They also tried to charge a lot of money for transportation to our next hotel since we were kind of stuck there. The bar/restaurant was lame. Neighborhood was horrible. There is no view of any sort. Transportation to/from the hotel is really bad. Nobody knows this hotel. It's run by a bunch of amateurs!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank MizNiz_USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

The thing location is great.
Rooms are great.
But the staff at Break fast is very rude and stupid they told me minimum 10 times that in my room breakfast isn't include I have accepted and said ok I will pay after that they gve me bill again and again sir would you pay?would you pay?i said dear my money is in my room wait I will pay you after having break fast but when I went into my room after 10 minutes 1 boy and 1 girl knocked my door for 180 baht it's really impolite and shameful for hotel.
It's showing that hotel doesn't have any value.

• Stayed February 2013