“Fine for 2 nights”

Ranked #109 of 221 Speciality Lodging in Patong
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Fine for 2 nights”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Overall experience was OK. Staff were friendly but not all that helpful-they advertise arranging airport shuttles on their website but when we asked, we were told we would have to book with a travel agency ourselves. Slight inconvenience but not a big deal.
Rooms were modern and sheets were clean, but when we arrived the bedroom and bathroom floors were dirty, covered in hair, dust, sand etc. Maybe this was just a one off as they were cleaned the second morning we were there.
Hotel is about 10-15 mins walk to main areas which is fine. One of the nights we were there, there was a lot of shouting, screaming and banging doors from other guests at about 2am, which went on for about 20 mins. Obviously not the hotels fault but worth a mention.
Not sure I'd stay here again but that probably says more about Patong than Thana Guesthouse.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank R00thie

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Stayed with a group of friends. I found the rooms to be clean / neat and tidy. The staff we all to willing to help with anything that we needed. Found the area to be quiet however just a 10 to 15 min walk the Bangla rd. my husband and I will be sure to stay again in the future.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Krisevans
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Arrived in Patong to stay 2 night at Thana Patong guesthouse. Had planned to venture into the hussle bussle of main beach road. Was more then happy to return back to Thana Patong guesthouse for a further 5 night. The location of this guesthouse allows you to experience the true culture of the thai people. Owned by Aussie and Thai, this guesthouse is welcoming, clean and friendly. They were able to organise trips, taxi, tuk tuk and all that Patong has to offer. Rooms were clean and the ladies were always busy making sure that your room is tidied and fresh for your stay. Would recommend it to all. Also the view form the roof top is a wonderful location to watch the sunset over Patong.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rebecca7284
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 25 December 2012

I was in Thailand to do some computer work and stayed at the hotel, Valero Guesthouse, across the street, för two weeks. I never visited the rooms so I cannot say anything about them, but since my hotel, Valero Guesthouse had a lousy WiFi, I spent most of my days, sitting at a table at Thana Guesthouse, which had an excellent WiFi connection. Besides, the Thana Guesthouse had a porch against the street, so I could take regular breaks, sitting there smoking and looking at people. The owner is an Australian, and they are always nice, so I had a pleasant time at Thana Guesthouse and might return. The prices were moderate, by the way.

Room Tip: As I said above, I cannot say anything about the rooms, since I spent all my time in the lounge, (it...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Rolf_Tymark
Patong, Thailand
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Wow the people running this guesthouse sure looked after everything that was needed from laundry to day trips.Thankyou to Thana and Richard a job well done.The hotel is only a 5 minute walk to the shopping centre of Jungceylon.

Room Tip: higher floors have a good view and are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo