“Quiet Place”
Review of The Bangphu Inn

The Bangphu Inn
Ranked #222 of 409 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Spent 6 days here while doing some diving, so we spent little time in the room, but it put a roof over our heads at night. I'd say overall, excellent value for where you stay. Rooms had AC and plenty of hot water and the location was great if you wanted to hit the beach or Bangla. It was far away enough from everything that it was quiet at night, which can be a problem if your nearer a club or something. No elevator and the windows were wooden shutters. Still, no problem getting my luggage up myself and the room was ok with only an occasional mosquito (which we had problems with at much more expensive hotels as well).

Bottom line, good value for price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nivekydear
There are newer reviews for The Bangphu Inn

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Everything was great with the room considered the cheap price. I booked total 3 double bed rooms, all great except the family room encountered low water shower and it was located on the top floor. Err since no lift, at night abit tired walking up. There is a safety box under the table which I totally was not aware till checkout time only accidentally saw it. Our rooms facing the main road, but night time we dint feel noisy except the family room cos plenty of firecracker played at the beach. Ohh and the family room also facing aircond water dripping.

Very near to beach, like 2-3min walking. But 10min walking to bangla roi. Next door lotsa restaurants, massage parlours and family mart.

Actually everything was okay, since we just need a nice clean room. I liked their room decor, ample size and clean bathroom. But when I booked that time I was expecting they could provided us with breakfast with a fee, but beside the pub open at 5pm, no kitchen meals is available. Lunch and nights wont be a trouble, since everywhere has cafe/restaurants but breakfasts was horrible since mostly opened after 10pm. Ended we ate at 24hrs burger king almost every morning. Next 2 door hotel do provide a breakfast set from 200baht onwards. If want cheaper, then wait after 10am.

The reception girl could speak basis english, quite kind but not really helpful or informative.

Overall if u need a clean and nice room, it is recommended. But not for those who need more.
Ohh it is very near to Hallway Inn, 1-2min walks.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank davinci_maggie
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed for 2 nights, no complaints apart from the 2 massage places nearby (the girls were loud and grabbing your arm every time you passed by). Decent service, there's a bar downstairs but it was usually pretty quiet. The rooms were quite plain/retro but they had a/c, hot water and a large fridge with 2 bottles of complimentary water/day. I guess you could call the place visitor friendly (as the name might suggest) - I had a one night stand who I brought there overnight and the guy who I assume owns the place didn't complain or ask for money. Would stay again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Oskari K
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Yes the hotel and decor room are retro style and cool. But it's just a simple cool style as you can see that the accommodation cost is also very cheap. But! The moment I arrive, I was attended by a non English speaking lady. It took 30mins to get a room for us. Once arrived, my husband went to have a shower and he told me that the water is very little, I'm ok with that. However, when it comes to my turn....... The water supply stops while I was halfway showering with soaps on my body. Call the guy downstairs and it took him 10mins to come up, and the water problem still can't be fix. I waited in the bathroom for 30mins and still not there. They said nothing and continue doing their work at the reception. Husband got so angry and told them to do something about it. They then told me to shower at their staff toilet which is for the Gents. There's water pipe with place for the men's to pee. And the water is still running too slow.
Without anymore conversation...... We packed and immediately check out. The guy at the counter just took the key without saying any sorry or what. No more Bangphu inn for me and hubby.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Azleeha
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed at the Bangphu Inn because of its close location to the beach. It is a very short walk to the beach from the hotel which is situated about 100 metres from the main road running alongside the beach. The room was rather rustic but clean, good sized bed, air con, TV, Safe, wash basin, toilet and shower. Although not the most luxurious of places to stay you got what you paid for, a very well located room within walking distance of everything Patong has to offer. Although our room was overlooking the road it was not too noisy at night. Lots of restaurants, shops, bars,massage parlours etc right outside the front door. All in all I would stay here again if it was just a room I wanted with basic facilities central to everything.
For the amount of money we paid this was good value. If you want swimming pools, smart bedrooms etc then you will have to pay a lot more money.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank SaxmanTorquayUK
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

A nice place to stay at a very affordable price. This vintage theme decor hotel is really unique and you cant find anywhere else but here. Room is clean, toilet is functioning and the service is excellent. Not forgetting the friendly staff is very helpful. Enjoy your stay here people :)

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We spent 2 nights in Bang Phu Inn, the room was nice, simple but nice. The hotel is located just near Patong beach and you can easily walk to all the crowded places at night (restaurants, bars, shops). I would recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple