“Loved it!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Senses Resort
Ranked #12 of 319 Hotels in Patong
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had managed to negotiate a week away together without our children.. so we looked very carefully before booking a hotel and did our homework. We knew patong was very lively and we chose this hotel as it was a bit away from the main town and we were not disappointed. The staff are friendly and welcoming, they do require 1000 bht. Per night but we paid in cash, we got a recipt and we just took the money off our bar bill at the end of the 3 night stay. I have seen a few complaints about the hill.. yes there is a steep hill, but there are steps up the side of the building which equates to a couple of flights, no big deal.. we didn't use the shuttle as we enjoyed the walk into town past the food stalls and the beer is also much cheaper that end of town. Our room was lovely and big and overlooked the pool and the view over the town. We truely love this hotel and would gladly go back, other hotels were lovely in the area but closer to the madness of patong strip or were a further walk away from where this hotel is located.

Couple of tips aboutpatong we would have found helpful..
1) girls take toilet paper out with you.. you have to pay to go to the toilet and they usually give you the paper and not much of it..
2) the Phi phi boat trip was great by speed boat but the islands you visit are very busy with day trippers.. we flew over the james bond islands on the way back and would have chosen to do this one instead with hindsight, plus its better to pay a bit more for the delux trip with bamboo islands if you can afford to.
3) we felt incredibly safe here, we were worried about pick pocketers etc given reviews, be vigilent but not afraid I have felt less safe in England.
4) the food markets are phenominal cheap food cooked fresh, pad Thai for 50p gbp
5) the roads are mental!
6) negotiate the price of your tuk tuk.

We can't wait to go back for Xmas next year, but not patong as will take the kids with us and patong is just a little too busy for us. But if your looking into going can't recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank royandcat
The_Senses_Resort, Manager at The Senses Resort, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear royandcat, our valued guest,

Greeting from The Senses Resort and Spa, the luxury resort in Patong Phuket!

Thank you so much for your visit at The Senses Resort and Spa and thank you very much for your tips about travelling in Phuket. We are very delighted that you enjoyed with our hotel location away from the hustle and bustle of Patong. Furthermore, th hotel room and it magnificent sea view with the tranquil natural setting and in the other aspect, we can be regarded as the family friendly resort with Smiley Face Club (Kids Club) And Kids Pool, A Heaven For Children With Free Child Care in in a fun and safe environment for your little ones. Hopefully, we have a chance to welcome you and your kids to our resort.

Management team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed here recently and was really impressed with the service. We stayed at three different hotels whilst in Phuket (all of which were in Patong) and Senses was by far the best. The staff go out of their way to assist you and make you feel very welcome. There's a free shuttle bus which we found really useful and the hotel allowed us to have a late check out on our last day which made a huge difference. There was also no charge for the on demand movies on the hotel room's television which was lovely. It's a little bit away from the hustle and bustle of Patong Beach, which in my view, made it better. There's a beautiful pool and a good breakfast. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone looking for a relaxing experience!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The_Senses_Resort, Manager at The Senses Resort, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Peasona, our valued guest,

Greeting from The Senses Resort and Spa, the luxury resort in Patong Phuket!

Thank you so much for your visit at The Senses Resort and Spa and we are happy that our room and in-room facilities satisfy you such as the selection of movie with no charge on the trial period as well as our infinity pool overlooking the sea view as the highlight.
Apart from the relaxing facilities, a guest service is the heart of our hotel philosophy, ensuring unforgettable holiday can be found at The Senses Resort. Rediscover an indulgent Oasis that created just for you!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

I and my wife stayed at this hotel for 2 nights 28-31 May 2013 while in Phuket on our honeymoon trip and the experience was fantastic. We got a good rate via booking.com as it was off-season so that was a plus. Since it was our honey moon the hotel arranged for rose petals on the bed when we checked-in. We had to go up a glass elevator to reach our room.The rooms are connected to the pool and the balcony has access to your semi-private pool area which was great to cool off during the humid weather while we were there. The room was spacious and bathroom was cleaned well. The lunch/dinner at the restaurant was of good quality and affordable too, however the breakfast was an open buffet and since the restaurant is part open air, there were too many flies around the food so we stuck to the freshly made omelette and covered items. One major drawback is the hotel is on a hill so there is a steep climb up to the reception which became tedious to accomplish after the long day walks in the city. We hired a scooter the second day to overcome this problem, however beware that they do not have insurance schemes on the rental scooters so you will have to pay for any damages incurred. The people at the reception are kind and very helpful. Location is a little away from the fun area so prepare to walk about 15 mins if you don't have a scooter, but the plus point is it is away from all the noise and commotion. I would definitely consider staying again at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Jason P, our valued guest,

Greeting from The Senses Resort and Spa, the luxury resort in Patong Phuket!

Thank you so much for your visit at The Senses Resort and Spa and the resort is perfect for romantic vocation, and in other aspects there are various kind of fun- filled activities in the resort and with a short distance to Patong famous street ( with the resort complimentary shuttle bus). We are delighted that you love our specious room with the great comfort, and the hotel luxury facilities. Your comment about breakfast already reported to our executive chef for the prompt action and hope to be of the best service next time.
Our most romantic ambiance is waiting for your return.Rediscover an indulgent Oasis that created just for you!

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

I came prepared base on reviews I've read on this hotel. If you don't want to use your credit card for hotel deposit then be prepared with 1000 baht per day (I used cash). I gave our passports so they can make a copy for their records and we were served with our refreshing welcome drink and a nice cold towel to freshen you up a bit.

They provide free shuttle to go to the beach and malls. I also noticed they have extended the hours for drop off and pick up pass 6pm. But this was no use to me now since I rented a motorcycle before I checked in. So it was not a problem for me to go around the city. The staff (I dealt with Tanya) she was nice and attentive so I had no problems.

Good thing I got the pool access room. The room was big and nice. Comfortable bed and the shower was also good. I just wished there was a light inside the shower booth. You can also control the A/C and all the lights on control panel next to the side table of your bed. The extra money to get this room was worth it very convenient for my wife and I to access the pool.

The pool was big and looked really nice especially when all the blue lights were on at night. You also get a nice view of the city from the pool. I just wish they thought of making some parts of the pool not that deep. Perfect height for a person to swim in this pool I would say about 5 feet 8 inches.

Also on my last day I told the front desk that my airport shuttle will pick me up from the hotel at around 7:00 pm and if it's possible if they can let me check out late that day. They let me check out at around 2:00 pm so I still had time to go around town. I returned my motorcycle at around 5:55pm and got back to the hotel at 6:00 pm. The staff offered to let me take a shower in the pool bathroom to freshen up before I left for the airport which I accepted.

Overall great hotel, great staff, good breakfast, great pool. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Definitely recommend the pool access room if you want the convenience going to the pool...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Derrick T, our valued guest,

Greeting from The Senses Resort and Spa, the luxury resort in Patong Phuket!

Thank you so much for your visit at The Senses Resort and Spa and it’s very great to know that our exceeding care in detail of your entire experience made your stay most enjoyable. Moreover, your kind comment on our pool access room, pool facilities and staff with their friendliness are your major points of interest and most satisfaction. Therefore, we can arrange your preferred room and maintain the service for your next visit.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

Very nice stay with the exception of the activities desk (see below). Staff was very friendly and helpful. We got a room that leads out to the pool, which was nice. The included breakfast buffet was quite plentiful in selection. Shuttle bus to the mall and beach left fairly often but we ended up walking most of the time. The walk was not too long except the final hill up to the hotel.

My only complaint is the folks that make reservations and recommendations for activities. They did line a good driver to take us around the island. They recommended the Island Safari for elephant rides even though we said we weren’t that interested – they really pushed it. Island Safari could be the crappiest elephant ride on the island. Another recommendation was to go to the botanic gardens, which was ok but WAY to expensive for what you see. Lastly, we arranged and paid for our transportation back to the airport the night before as we had an early departure. When we arrived in the lobby in the morning, there was no record and no arrangements made. Fortunately we had the receipt for the night before.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank adoyle71
The_Senses_Resort, Manager at The Senses Resort, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear adoyle71, our valued guest,

Greeting from The Senses Resort and Spa, the luxury resort in Patong Phuket!

We would like to convey to you our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced with respect to the tour desk that we’ve already seriously discussed with them in order to investigate the issue and promptly solve it. As a testament of our appreciation of you as our valued guests, we attempted to recommend the most popular program that can not miss while staying in Phuket. Island safari is inclusive of the transfer but exclusive of the entrance ticket to Botanical Garden ( fixed price) that we always told to our guests prior to their visit. However, we hope to arrange what our guests felt interested in as well as what is Phuket highlight.

Let's us assure that what happened with you have just taken the serious discussion for further service improvement and rest assured that you will receive the highest standard of service and tour desk service for next time. We do thanks for your good review on our staff service, accommodation, hotel facilities and dining experience.

singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

Read all the raving reviews about the resort but kind of let down by the service standard.

On the whole, the staff are pretty friendly but some how things are just not done.

1. I've booked for hotel transfer but upon arrival they have someone waiting and got to wait for her to get me a taxi instead.. I'm not sure if this is normal practice.

2. Call the front desk to book for shuttle service to Jungceylon, which the lady mentioned they will revert back shortly, but after 30 mins no one called to confirm, and we need to call again the 2nd time to finally get a confirmation.

3. Asked them to make a restaurant reservation at Holiday Inn yesterday for a birthday celebration, but as usual no news from them. Checked with them this morning, the morning staff got no clue.. after some checking, they mentioned the other lady has forgotten about it. And when they tried to call but the restaurant was already fully booked. And one mentioned they will charged 25 baht per min for the reservation which wasn't mentioned the nite before.

4. Little nitty gritty things like they do not replenish the shower gel, shampoo and toilet rolls.. and the toilet roll holder position is just not right that every time you pull it.. it will dropped onto the ground. . It's kind of exasperating. .

Overall the experience wasn't great.. the only plus point is that it's new, nice pool.. the location is slightly out of the way and the walk up is rather tedious but at least they provide shuttle service till 9.40pm..But would I come back again? Probably not..

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ck0612
Dear ck0612, our valued guest,

Greeting from The Senses Resort and Spa, the luxury resort in Patong Phuket!

Thank you so much for your visit at The Senses Resort and Spa and we are motivated by your kind compliment on our staff friendliness in order to maintain it for your next visit. Importantly, please accept my deepest apologies in regard to make you disappointed about our service. First, let’s us explain what we encountered is that we sent the hotel car to pick you up but there are some accident on the way, therefore, we have cooperated with the airport staff carrying your name and arrange the taxi in order to be of your prompt service as much as we can. Moreover, we offered the complimentary transfer to the airport and the complimentary wine as your birthday gift and a compensation for what unintentionally made you annoying during your stay here. Once again, we do ultimately apologize and ensure that this will not occur again. Furthermore, hope to be of your better service again.

For replenishment the shampoo, shower gel, we normally do during our make up room service or upon your request. We reported your comment to our team in order to develop our service, aiming for serving our valued guests beyond their expectation.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Good services and possibly best swimming pool with a view of Patogn City.
Good breakfast and excellent smart TV packed with many channels and movies.
Can be further improved by providing toothbrush and shampoo conditioner in room as advertised a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear BUZZ814, our valued guest,

Greeting from The Senses Resort and Spa, the luxury resort in Patong Phuket!

Thanks so much for your nice appraisal and your review make us know that we still keep delivering the high standard of hotel facilities and we are delighted that most of the resort component especially our infinity pool overlooking the sea view and Patong city, friendly staff, your dining experience, and in-room Smart TV make you most enjoyable and return your visit soon.
Moreover, thanks you so much for your comment on toilet amenities that normally can be upon request and we will follow up this important point you mentioned to be the best of our guest service.