My husband and I had managed to negotiate a week away together without our children.. so we looked very carefully before booking a hotel and did our homework. We knew patong was very lively and we chose this hotel as it was a bit away from the main town and we were not disappointed. The staff are friendly and welcoming, they do require 1000 bht. Per night but we paid in cash, we got a recipt and we just took the money off our bar bill at the end of the 3 night stay. I have seen a few complaints about the hill.. yes there is a steep hill, but there are steps up the side of the building which equates to a couple of flights, no big deal.. we didn't use the shuttle as we enjoyed the walk into town past the food stalls and the beer is also much cheaper that end of town. Our room was lovely and big and overlooked the pool and the view over the town. We truely love this hotel and would gladly go back, other hotels were lovely in the area but closer to the madness of patong strip or were a further walk away from where this hotel is located.
Couple of tips aboutpatong we would have found helpful..
1) girls take toilet paper out with you.. you have to pay to go to the toilet and they usually give you the paper and not much of it..
2) the Phi phi boat trip was great by speed boat but the islands you visit are very busy with day trippers.. we flew over the james bond islands on the way back and would have chosen to do this one instead with hindsight, plus its better to pay a bit more for the delux trip with bamboo islands if you can afford to.
3) we felt incredibly safe here, we were worried about pick pocketers etc given reviews, be vigilent but not afraid I have felt less safe in England.
4) the food markets are phenominal cheap food cooked fresh, pad Thai for 50p gbp
5) the roads are mental!
6) negotiate the price of your tuk tuk.
We can't wait to go back for Xmas next year, but not patong as will take the kids with us and patong is just a little too busy for us. But if your looking into going can't recommend this hotel enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Senses Resort offers a unique ambiance of relaxation, with supremely comfortable accommodation creating a haven of tranquility and wellbeing. With stunning views over the city and azure-blue Andaman Sea beyond, the welcoming resort is an ideal respite for romantic couples and families to unwind and be pampered, yet is only a short distance from the gorgeous tropical beach and colourful streets that Patong is famous for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your The Senses Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Senses Resort Phuket/Patong