The Artist House
US$146
Deevana Patong Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$58
US$143
US$109
Agoda.com
Patong Merlin Hotel(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$123
  • Breakfast included
US$97
US$58
Priceline
All reviewsrent a bikemuslim foodno elevatortuk tukbangla roadstayed here for nightsper dayother hotelstoiletbhatmotorbike
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This is a new hotel with very clean and comfort room to stay on. The best is their friendly and helpful service and hospitality. The price is worth of the room and same as shown in the blog. Clean and comfort. The room is spacious.

This hotel is good to stay to, but the location wise is not so favorable as its take 15 to 20 minute walk to Patong beach and surrounding have not much to see, but you can hire a motorcycle to travel around (this can be hired at the front desk).

This Hotel does not have lift, you have to climb the stair up to your room. If you bringing big luggage, the hotel staff will help you to bring up-stair.

Really worth for the price i pay.

Room Tip: Pre-inform them to locate you to lower floor room. This hotel have 5 floor (2 room per floor, ground floor is lobby) and do not have any lift, have to climb stair to go up to your roo,
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel, and I think I am pretty picky. I got a great rate (under $45/night) and for that price I was really, really impressed. No, it is not a five star resort, but it is clean, the AC is great, its in a nice location, and the people who run it are SO nice. I would say it is more like a $200/night place (atleast by NA standards).

The building is new, so everything feels fresh and clean. The AC is great, it takes under 10 minutes to cool the whole room down. The bathroom is great, pretty basic, but it has everything you would ever need. The location is fine, about a ten minute walk to the main Patong beach strip and there are lots of spots to eat on the way. The ladies at the front are super sweet and are over-the-top helpful. If you want to do a day trip or get a cab, they will help you out in a second. They set me up with a day trip to Koh Phi Phi for 1300 baht. It was almost half the price of what others on the same tour paid.

Two things to note.. There is some construction going on near the hotel so if you want to spend a bunch of time in your room during the day it might not be the best (as I recall the noise started about 8am).. Also, there are no amenities (no pool/gym), so this hotel is awesome if you just want a nice, comfortable place to sleep, but you are going to explore the beach/city during the day. If you don't like to go to far from your hotel, then the Artist House might not be for you, stay in a resort.

Could not have been happier with my choice to stay here. I hope they can maintain this level of service. It was top notch.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 5th floor. Loved it. Quiet room with a cool view of Patong city.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 January 2013

slightly hidden and relatively new hotel. took the taxi driver awhile before we manage to find it. no lift and other hotel facilities such as gym and swimming pool. however, their service is really good. took good care of us. even provided us with a local phone for us to bring around in the event we are lost and needed help. quite near the beach and pubs.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2013

To begin with, the artist house is a totally new ( opened just before new year) hotel just 7 min walk from patong beach.

This is no big hotel, and thats the good thing, you feel the personal service all day round. If you are stayin in phuket and just want a stilish near by centrum place and you are staying for some days I recommend to book artist house at the strongest.

The rooms are new, fresh and clean. The AC works perfect. Bathroom is good, shower and toilet works good. The beds are big and comfort. Extra points to the cleaning - they always put our stuff and clothes in a nice order.

The wifi works okay too. The only thing is that nearly no one knows about the hotel ( because its so new) , so I recommend to take the hotel "business card" always with you when you are coming home with taxi or tuktuk for example.

The thing I really loved is that the hotel also booked our flight to bangkok (day before departure) with a really cheap price that we couldnt find anywhere else. Feels like they will do everything to make your stay memorable and special.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 2 January 2013

The Artist Hotel is quite possibly the last secret place in Patong. Set just far enough back from the bustling markets, beach and hectic disco bars that are overrun with tourists, on an unassuming street this hotel is nothing less than a breath of fresh air and a sanctuary for the creative. If you have a deep appreciation of good design, art and meeting wonderful local people then this is the hotel for you. A family run boutique place, its always filled with genuine, welcoming smiles. You feel at home and amongst friends when you return from a busy day of touring.
The gallery upon arrival is stunning and filled with work from local artists. The rooms are light, airy with a well considered style and all the mod cons you could need.
In a heartbeat I would recommend this hotel and the now friends I have made that run it. I look forward to returning in the future and I wish them all the success!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo