“Fabulous”

White Box Phuket
Ranked #109 of 680 Restaurants in Patong
Price range: US$30 - US$150
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar Scene, View, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: EVENTS AND WEDDINGS Planning a Phuket wedding? The White Box can give you that 'White Wedding' that you always dreamed of, with scenery that will only intensify the romance of your wedding in Phuket. The amenities of the White Box are well outfitted for Phuket wedding parties, or any special private function. We understand that intimacy is a key element in having the perfect Phuket wedding, which is why we offer an exclusive rental of the space for you and your guests to have as much privacy as possible while enjoying our culinary delights and a astonishing view. Whether you are a gourmand or a beach lover, you can appreciate the elements that the White Box provides to make your wedding in Phuket the even more memorable. If you want your wedding to be romantic, intimate, and stylish- White Box will outshine your expectations. If you are interested in hosting other private functions in Phuket, the White Box can also accommodate those requests. We have several areas that can be used for various types of events in Phuket such as our sunset terrace, restaurant, and roof top bar ideal for meetings, conferences, birthdays and any other event in Phuket. Would you like to spend your honeymoon or have a celebration sailing through the islands in the Andaman Sea? We can arrange an exclusive trip on our yacht for you. Click here for more information.
Reviewed 4 September 2012

What a wonderful experience, lovely food and atmosphere, the family went there to celebrate my daughters 21st birthday, I highly recommend.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

I have been to White Box several times and always really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere, so I invited 5 friends to join me there for dinner on Saturday night.

All started well and the service was good and the food was very good as always. However, as we finished the main course a major storm came in off the sea and the staff pulled down the protective covers to keep the rain off us. However, the roof was blowing about a bit in the iwnd and black bits of dirt stared falling from the ceiling onto the table and into the glasses of wine and water.

After a while one of the staff asked if I wanted a clean glass for my water, when I asked for the water to be replaced free of charge I was told I could only have a free glass and that I would have to pay for the water (7 baht in the shop, 8- baht on the price list).

As a resident of Patong I held a Residents Card which said I was entitled to a 10% discount on all food and beverages. However, when the 12,000 + baht bill arrived the discount was only 410 baht. I queries this and asked to see the manager and was told that he was unavailable and that certain items such as the wine and set meals were not included. However, other things were not discounted either, even though the card said 10% of Food and beverage.

I have torn up my card and will not return to the restaurant. Simple customer service should have at least replaced dirty water, it is not as if we requested replacement wine.

2  Thank Tarqn
Reviewed 20 August 2012

In Kalim, cool place for a drink at night. DJ plays good music, sometimes saxo player joining. Design place, not big, near the beach.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

We had a great experience at The White Box.
Food was great, and we sat out overlooking the bay. Very nice and reasonably priced

Reviewed 4 August 2012

Food was lovely throughout the whole holiday and we had no knowledge of White Box before the visit ... passing it many times returning to Kamala from Patong, it looked gorgeous enough to make it a must. We weren't disappointed when we finally got there ... and that is the one downside.
Whilst the location is fabulous because it's on a quieter beach and the views are stunning with the waves crashing close by, it is a special trip there unless you live or are staying next to it. Getting back was a struggle because of refusing to be conned by the 'taxi' outside, eagerly awaiting the (relative to Phuket) high paying customers or knowing what we found out ... that getting a taxi round there was very far from easy. (It was only after taking the brochure away and reading later about the free transport with reservations made ... that's one to remember next time).
We might even have been there on the same night as Sajiv D ... there was a large group stopping us from sitting on the tables with the best view and a British contingent was evident, but I can't be sure. Our perception of the service on that quiet night couldn't have been more different though ... the staff waiting on us were attentive, the timing of each course timed to perfection and there was no negative reaction or improper attempts to change our mind after declining the nicely bottled, but expensive 'house water'. Our main waitress did have a look that I interpreted as nervousness or even concentration, with having to face so many varying and not always easy accents of English speaking foreigners ... certainly not disinterest as she frequently checked up on us and our satisfaction, without getting in the way ...
The place was clean and well designed ... the all white thing is quite gimmicky, but it works and is unique on the island ... it matches the fusion food and fusion music, which is cool without ever making you want to get on a table Manc-style.
As for the food, I've never been to Rome, (I've been to Florence, if that counts), but I have been to Paris a number of times and I can honestly say the standard of the White Box food exceeds the best of the French or Italian competition in my experience ... it was perfect and presented in true high end manner, which will explain why the portions aren't massive. (I too have a huge appetite and was starving by the time we arrived following a long day in Phuket Town ... I left the place pleasantly stuffed ... a combination of the great food and the unquestioned, constant supply of a range of quality breads).
Pricewise, there's no escaping from the fact that it's high for Phuket, which will put put many off, but it's not high when you compare it to the comparable in Paris or Florence ... or Hong Kong or Manchester or Shenzhen or San Francisco or London or Amsterdam etc ... where you'd pay at least a third more or even double in my experience. For the quality, ambiance of the place and service, it really does represent terrific value for money.
Another memorable place to return to when next on Phuket, although next time I'm getting my own transport sorted, because 'taxis' (not)/tuktuks were the only thing to take away from our top first experience on the island!

2  Thank CM8888

Been to White Box Phuket? Share your experiences!