“Looking for good western food for a change ......”
Review of The Place

The Place
Ranked #26 of 613 Restaurants in Patong
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: French, Thai, International
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We as a family of four ate here last night as the children couldn't face another Phad Thai.! We just took a chance on The Place and were very pleasantly surprised. We had Caesar salad and mixed bruschetta to start, both delicious. Next came mixed a meat skewer along with a burger and two pizzas, all great and thoroughly enjoyed. We were talked into one chocolate fondant to share and agreed that we should have missed starters in order to fit dessert.! Great all round evening.

Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Very nice setting near the beach. Staff extremely friendly.
Food was ok, a bit over-priced!
Cocktails rubbish - ordered two and didn't drink either!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I want to start this out buy saying this is our 7th time to Phuket so we know abut about the place. The Place is awesome. Recently built on the old scuba pool site.
Downstairs has a great bar where cocktails are 99baht each night. Dinner up stairs is fantastic. It's fresh as you can get, the chicken skewers were amazing. The highlight though was the wood fire pizza. Incredible!

Don't waste your time going to other places this is brilliant. Plus you get to hear the live band next door for free.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I came last week to that place which looks a good location and a nice view from the terrace.anyway we ve been disapointing a bit .we were expecting a better service.and the food was just average not more.i had my main course before my girlfriend had finished her starter.the waitress was so busy to talk with the pizzamaker, so she didnt noticed we had finished our meal.anyway i dont reccomend that place like a very nice place.nothing else

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I am a regular visitor to Thailand and quite often stay at one of the big hotels behind this restaurant on the beach road. I noticed this restaurant on my last trip a few months ago but never went in. But on this trip I noticed they had opened a bar on the ground floor and still had a first floor restaurant. So I found myself popping in regularly for a lunchtime cocktail and snack, and quite often for meal at night with my family. The hotel behind is a little bit quiet but The Place is ideal to do a bit of people watching and have a nice meal. The menu is varied between Thai and European and I found out that the owner is a French Chef, so its not really a surprise the food is excellent. The staff are typically Thai, very friendly and probably because I was there so often even remembered my name. I thoroughly recommend a visit here for a lunch time snack or dinner. They also do some excellent and cheap (by London standards) cocktails. I will be certainly back on my next trip......Also, try the chocolate fondant desert. The owner is some kind of desert specialist and this one is amazing.

Been to The Place? Share your experiences!