“A little touch of paradise in a seemingly out of control town”
Review of Iguana Beach Club

Iguana Beach Club
Ranked #184 of 554 Restaurants in Patong
Price range: US$5 - US$8
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Welcome to Iguana Beach Club. A relaxed and entertaining abode created by a group of friends who discovered and foresaw the potential of this tranquil private beach to be something much, much more.Iguana Beach Bar is an upscale day and sunset bar situated on its own private beach with beautiful rock formations and bamboo decor to bring a back-to-nature atmosphere. This makes Iguana Beach Bar a perfect portrayal of the essence of a tropical holiday. Located on the west side of the island, we guarantee a memorable sunset of the glistening Andaman sea and warm magenta sky.To provide our guest with the most relaxing atmosphere but all the while capturing the chic lifestyle of our guests, chill House music will hover in the background during the day then transcending into a deeper and more innate House by sunset. Iguana Beach Bar's name is derived from a coincidence of 3 friends who discovered the beach. While relaxing on the beach, one of the 3 pointed out a large Iguana that rested motionlessly on a large rock. In an attempt to take a clearer photo, a friend ventured so close to the rock as to discover that the Iguana was, in fact, only a part of the rock formation. The Iguana rock can be seen on the right of the beach when standing at a 45 degree angle. Ask any one of our staff to discover the secret of Iguana Beach!Located on a small beach, Iguana Beach offers many amenities to provide you with the best holiday-going experience. From tropical welcome drinks to snorkeling equipment, Iguana beach is sure to keep you entertained from sunrise to sunset. Sunbeds, a bar and an intimate dining area serves anything from easy comfort foods like sandwiches, burgers to exciting, aromatic Thai cuisine.So come and enjoy the beach and the music at Iguana Beach Bar.
Ibiza, Spain
“A little touch of paradise in a seemingly out of control town”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Where i decide to go out at night is often dictated by the music policy and the general vibe.

After 2 days in Patong I was at my wits end with the commercial sound and rubbish this island has to offer.

So i took to social media and google to start researching what else is out there.

I discovered Iguana bar.

The experience promised a laid back vibe, chilled out sounds and a music policy that progresses into an ibiza like 'underground tech/deep house' policy.

Unfortunately it was fairly dead when we got there around 6pm but the music and the vibe was chilled and serene.

Iguana is a closely guarded secret on the island that has the potential to become the haven for music lovers wanting that ibiza experience in phuket - unfortunately its just not there yet.

I would highly recommend this place if you want a day of sunbathing on a tiny secluded private beach with excellent drink service although its probably not worthwhile if you are looking for a full blown party experience.

I look forward in coming back to Iguana again some day as it will forever be my favourite part of my holiday in phuket.

2 Thank George M

• Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
“Best chilled out sunset I have ever experienced!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Spent a couple of weekdays here and a couple of Saturdays where it is a chilled out space with a killer sunset. Sunday nights is the busy night with DJ's spinnin' tracks!
Best sunset I've seen!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Anthony K
Erie, Colorado
“You should really stop here!”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

A friend from Bangkok recommended that we come here to see the sunset and I am so glad we did. The resort we were staying at was beautiful but the sunsets weren't that great. I'm happy that we ventured over to the Iguana Beach club. Much different vibe from the hustle and bustle of town--just a chill place with a great view for the sunset, good music, good food and drink and friendly wait staff and owner. I wish we could have made it over here more than once on our trip but we will be back!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Sarg1111
Perth, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Iguana Beach Club-Leave your stress atop of the stairs!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

WOW!!! where to begin, I recently travelled throughout Thailand taking in many sites. After discovering all Phuket had to offer. I was blessed to have a friend take me to Iguana Beach Private club who I can never repay (Thank you Oxana). I returned everyday there after and it become my second home.

The energy & ambience Iguana offers is simply perfection. The private beach makes for a comfortable relaxing experience away from the hustle of Patong beach...Take a taxi, tuk tuk or ride your scooter a short distance from Patong Beach should take no longer then 5 mins to 10mins in traffic. Well worth it I can personally guarantee this as a MUST SEE AND DO!

It offers good quality food, which you need because with deep house music playing all day and well in to the night. You will need your energy to dance! It's a free spirited party and everyone is invited. Great cocktails with bar staff from all over the world bringing their skills and passion together to make for the best party in Phuket.

I will be back, see you there!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jordan K
Perth, Australia
“It's what Thailand is about”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stumbled upon Iguana on one of my adventures looking for a nice beach. It is a very relaxing spot with chill music playing. The food and drinks where nice, a little bit expensive.
I loved that it was not a crowded place, though it is a bar/restaurant it is on a small beach with sun beds/chairs. Defiantly a must see if you are in Phuket.

• Visited January 2014