“Fun for all”

Bangla Boxing Stadium
Ranked #12 of 61 things to do in Patong
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My wife and I along with some friends went to watch the fights one night this past week and we had a good time. Tickets were a little $$$ as it was a title fight night. Fights didn't look staged to us or our friends. If it was they did a good job with the blood and strength of the hits. Would go again.

There are newer reviews for Bangla Boxing Stadium

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

I used to study Muay Thai a couple of years ago and I can't describe how excited I was to go and see "real Muay Thai" tournament in Thailand. It was like dream come true...we bought ringside seats 2000 Baht each but we didn't mind spending a bit extra to be as close to the action as possible. Unfortunately, it turned out we were too close to the action...I had a seat directly behind the one of the "judges". It didn't take long to notice that the "judge" didn't even lift a pen once during the 7 fights we sat through but miraculously all his score cards where filled in by the end of 4th out of 5 rounds every fight. We looked closely and all the score cards were filled in including fights ahead. All the winners circled on the cards. Also the ring referee after collecting all the judges score cards to see who won, never bothered to actually look at them, just collected and went straight to the winner without checking judges "scores". Needles to say we watched the other 2 "judges" none of whom lifted their pen during any fights to mark scores...One of the fights ended with KO but somehow the knocked out guy seemed to recover very fast after the fight was over and the winner announced. We left after round 7, couldn't seat through that farce anymore. As a Muay Thai fan and former student I feel cheated, deceived and extremely angry. If you are like me, save yourself the upset and don't go to Bangla stadium but if you are after a good, expensive show for tourists, give it a try...

2  Thank Ankrzysz
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

It's very very very expensive... We didn't even get to go in coz of the $$$$ heard the show was great but prices need to drop!

1  Thank Teresa K
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I liked the fights, awesome combatents, although from other stories, some nights are better than others. But hey you dont get that each night at home so even if your not into fighting, you must see at least one fight night at the Bangla Stadium.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

It was a great night, 30th October 2013, we booked tickets with Seed Tour, patcharee was great, we went to her shop got picked up from there taken by bus, and then the driver took us back to our motel. The fights were good, seating was good all tiered so you can see. We had a good night.