“Excellent location”

Ranked #31 of 406 Patong B&B and Inns
Malaysia
“Excellent location”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

5 minutes' walk to Jung Ceylon Mall and Bangla Road, and 10 minutes to Banzaan Fresh Mart and Patong Beach. The location wise, unbeatable. Moreover, the hotel is located in a gated area, with security guards patrolling down the street. By the way, it is around 50 meters from busy Rat-U-Thit road, so the surrounding is far from traffic noise.

How about amenities? Bathroom with hot water shower, room completed with tv, mini bar, air conditioner, plus room service, we couldn't complain about this small hotel, except the aircond was a bit noisy at low fan speed (we settled the problem by turning up the fan speed). One great plus for us- high speed wifi in room.

We tried the breakfast provided with around 150 Bahts per person. Worth the price with nice food and hot coffee. Of course, it would be perfect if complementary breakfast was given. By the way, the staff were lacking knowledge in tourism. But that should not be our main concern, as tourism information were everywhere.

By the way, personally, we don't think it is a high class hotel, but it is definately a hotel that worth every dollar we spend. Of course, you can visit our blog at http://bettyandlingshing.blogspot.com/2014/06/phuket-food-accommodation-transport.html to read more about our experience in Phuket.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LS_Wong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Korean first
Melbourne
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our friends hired Baan Paradise for wedding party and, as my partner was best man, we were lucky enough to stay at the property. We could not be happier with the house and the location was great. We were provided with a driver, a wedding planner, a chef and a housekeeper as part of the deal and they were all excellent...all were availble at our beck and call. Everything went extremely smoothly and we were very happy with how it all turned out. We could not recommend Baan Paradise highly enough.

Room Tip: The two rooms upstairs have balconies and TV's.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank RebeccaroseMelbourne
Islamabad, Pakistan
Reviewed 16 April 2014

It was indeed an excellent stay at Baan Paradise Hotel. Hotel is located at a very central location having access to all that you need. Its at walking distance from Patong Beach and bangla Street. Net cafe and tour operator right next to it. Hotel Staff was very cooperative and supportive. I recommend this to all others looking for gud place to stay. We visited there in Nov, 2013.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Very good and nice hotel in Patong. Perfect location only at less than 5 minutes by foot from Bangla Road. Staff are very friendly ! Breakfast cost nothing and it's very good. Rooms are confortable and super clean. Very quiet street. You don't need to rent motorbike or to pay all the times the taxi to go everywhere. Already two times there and i will come again ! I recommend it !

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank andragona
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We go to Patong/Phuket at least 3 times a year and one of us is from Thailand so we know what to expect when we give this small hotel the 3 Excellent. Please make sure to have their breakfast! Real warm croissants, (if you want egg whites only - yes they will do that too) and real French coffee!

The two owners: Errik and Andre are there each morning and take a very personal interest in their guests and the hotel. Attention to detail!!

Can pay a lot more for a lot less. This is one of the very very best in Phuket!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good but try to get one on the front side of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I have been to Phuket umpteenth times and very familiar with Patong. So I am aware that you do not need a ‘resort’ hotel to be comfortable on the island. What’s more important is the provision of a clean and comfortable accommodation and you’re basically set for a holiday there. Baan Paradise provides this and more.

I chanced upon the hotel with its unbeatable hotel rates (via Asiarooms.com). At such an incredible price, I wasn’t expecting much, just the basics. When I arrived at the hotel, I was greeted with a warm and friendly smile at the reception: a balm for any tired traveller. Check-in was quick, easy and efficient. Within 10 minutes of my arrival at the foyer of the hotel, I was up on the lift and in my clean comfortable room.

A hot shower and a quick check on Google Maps via my smart phone logged onto the hotel’s free Wi-Fi, I found myself a pleasant 10 minutes jaunt away from every amenity: Jung Ceylon, the area’s main shopping mall; Bangla Road: party and watering hole central and of course, Patong Beach itself.

Price. Hospitality. Location. Check. Check. Check.

I also tried their breakfast sets, which range from 120 to 180 Baht – all truly well worth it. The biggest serving (American Breakfast) comes with coffee, orange juice and an assortment of baked goods, accompanying jams and an array of savouries. I was well and truly stuffed all the way through lunch.

On the day of my departure, they assisted in arranging for my transfer to the airport. Even though it was too early for the hotel’s café, the concierge kindly offered me coffee, although I gratefully decline for fear of inconvenience.

But what truly impressed me was when I contacted them about a missing item, which I had left in the room when I arrived back home. Not only was the respond from the management prompt (merci beaucoup, Monsieur Eric Marc), it was also very helpful. They found my lost item and upon learning my home location, they contacted their personal friend who was visiting my home country to deliver the found item back to me. I am well in awe respect of the people at Baan Paradise. In my many trips to Phuket, I have never experienced from any other hotel such service and hospitality beyond the call of duty. They are not just in the line of hospitality; they are truly the goodwill ambassadors of Phuket’s well-known tourism trade.

Overall, the price, location and hospitality of the hotel cannot be doubted and for an establishment of its class, there are no parallels and cannot be beaten. I would definitely recommend this place to any traveller like myself and I would most certainly check in with this hotel again should I be offered the same rates time and again.

Thank you Baan Paradise, you truly live up to your name: a home away from home on the paradise island of Phuket.

Room Tip: Stayed in room #401: the side faces the evening sun. Heat is not a problem with A/C although there i...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We booked a 2 night stay at this hotel just to use the room to keep our bags and shower, because we were down the road from bangla road, there was no sleep so booking in a fancy hotel for us was not worth it, although this was a budget hotel the staff were very friendly and were very helpfull, rooms were small and clean and very basic, well no complaints as that suited us perfectly.

Room Tip: not recommended for couples or family
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends