Banthai Beach Resort & Spa
Amari Phuket(Patong)
US$132
US$111
Hotels.com
Deevana Patong Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$59
US$122
US$113
Marriott Hotels
Patong Merlin Hotel(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$89
2,401 results
All reviewsmr eggdeluxe pool roompool barport restaurantban thaibangla roadacross the roadnon smokingpool accesspool staffthe ground floorfantastic locationbeach bagbuffet breakfasttravel agentegg stationpool side
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Due to the flight times it was 2.30am when we arrived at the Ban Thai. In local time for our departure point this was 5.30am and we had been in transit for just over 20hrs. All we wanted at this point was to get to our room, havve a shower, and go to bed.
We had booked a superior room and according to our iterinary from the travel agent had an upgrade to delux. We had not stayed at the Ban Thai before but had friends who had and following their advise had requested the room to be in any block except the reception one and on as low a floor as possible. Part of the package was also express check in, greeting by the night manager, welcome drink, etc.
There was 1 person at check in. It took half an hour as this young staff member did not appear very familar with the procedure or computer system - no greeting, drink or etc.The room was on the top floor (4th) of the reception block.
When we got to the room the security chain on the door was broken, the cupboard doors would not close, the same for the drawers on the bedside tables and in the cupboard. Still minor problems so got in the shower - as soon as I turned it on the shower head came off and of course water went everywhere. The bathroom was quite small with the shower in the bath and small glass screen at the shower end, so there was a fair bit of water around the room. I managed to hand thread the shower head back on enough to finish a quick shower for myself and my wife.
When we got up at about 10am local time I went to see the duty manager to change rooms - this is in the low season so resort was about 30 to 40% empty. The duty manager finally arrived and wanted to see the problems in the room before agreeing to any change. After looking at them, agreeing they were a problem and being told move us to a room in another block or I would move resorts. He agreed he had spare rooms and wold move us to one ASAP. We reminded him that we had requested a room in any bolck but the reception block and as low as possible. We returned to reception to change rooms and when being lead to the new room the manager headed straight for the elevators for the reception block. At this point I offered 2 alternatives - a room in another block or call a cab for us to leave. We were lead straight to a room on the 3rd floor of another block.
Basically the location is very good, the general staff - pool, room, dinning, bar are great (very friendly) but management are trying to cut costs by reducing maintance, holding open the lower floors in the better blocks to try and attract block tours, minimise staff numbers/hours. What they do not seem concerned with are guests once they have you in the resort - that is the staffs problem. I would go back, but I would be screwing down the details and price before I book, and get it in writting from the resort.

Room Tip: Any block away from the reception and on ground floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Asian_traveller_8
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My wife and daughter stayed at this lovely place last year we had a pool access room which was only a few meters away from the pool bar. Our room was a little cramped for three with a double bed and a small bed at the end of our bed for our Daughter but still very clean and comftorble. the grounds, pool and staff all excellent. This hotel is located right in the middle of patong beach but has a long driveway with security gards at the front. This made it easy to access the shopping and retaraunts but once inside the hotel it was very private. I know stacks of people that have stayed in this hotel and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Go for a pool access room they are a little more expensive but well worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I have just come back from staying at the BanThai Beach resort and spa for 10 nights for my honeymoon. After reading some reviews i was a little worried about our decision to stay there but OMG how people can be so wrong !!

From the moment we stepped into the resort until the day we left i felt like nothing but royality. The staff were SO friendly , from the manager on ducty to the bar staff , every single person was so helpful, friendly and had a sence of pride and happiness to work at such a wonderful place.

The welcoming drink, cold towels and air conditioned waiting room was fantastic after a horrible 8 hour flight it was great to sit down in such a calming enviroment. The room was great, comfortable beds, spacious and great views out to the pool.

The room service, breakfast and complementry dinner were AMAZING. Every morning at breakfast we visited Mr Egg, he was such a character and cooked the most amazing fresh eggs i have ever had. The dinner out at the outdoor resturant was also AMAZING, the staff were so attentive. My husband has a allergy to all seafood and they were more than happy to subsitute any fish on the fixed menu to beef and chicken for us without a fuss at all.

Our overall visit was amazing, and I would definatly recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KyTempo
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed here in February 2012 for 10 days, Ideally situated in the middle of Patong, opposite the main beach this beautiful resort is a nice clean safe resort, with two pools areas and swim up bars. Breakfast was excellent with a large variety of food to choose from. Good shopping outside the resort.

Geoff & Merril

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade to suite on higher floor, less noise.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2012

My partner and I stayed at Banthai for 14 days during November/Decemeber. Everything about our trip and this resort was amazing!

The service is lovely. As soon as you walk in through the stunning lobby you are greeted with a cold drink and towel to cool down. The staff always have a smile on their face and are eager to help if needed. I spent many nights at the lobby bar having a drink and chatting with one of the friendly staff members Prae. We also booked a few day trips through the hotel and they were very helpful.

We had a deluxe room on the ground floor which was excellent. It was clean and spacious and the beds were very comfortable. Being on the ground floor was perfect because it meant you just had to walk out of your balcony door and you were outside, directly infront of the pool!

Location of the resort is also fantastic! Banthai is directly across from Patong Beach and just a short walk to Bangla Road and all the night life. There are restuarants and bars at your door step with many to choose from.

The pool (with swim up bar) is beautiful. It is clean and there is a decent amount of seating. Alongside drinks, you can even order delicious food at the swim up bar or play a game of jenga!
The buffet breakfast is to die for! There's a whole range of food out for breakfast every morning, from fresh fruit to noodles and you can even have eggs cooked however you like them by 'Mr Egg'!

Overall, Banthai is stunning, I couldn't fault it. I am happy to say I will be back this November with 2 other couples!

Room Tip: A deluxe room on the ground floor is fantastic for quick pool access!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple