“Not as good”

Banthai Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #27 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This was our second time at the Banthai and this time was not as good as the first. I made a conscious effort to go back here because of the great staff and this fact is still true but our room was a long way from good. We had the pool view room in the last building near the villa, it was full of mosquito's when we arrived and with out a word of a lie it took me three days to kill them all off using the spay that house keeping gave me. At least 2 of the power points didn't work and there are only 3 or 4 in the room which where difficult to get at. The internet was dismal to say the least and the fire alarm went off in the room at midnight with no apparent cause.The stench in the room was stomach wrenching, I don't know what the smell was but it came from the bathroom and got worse each day, we could not find the source. They did come to try to fix these problems and i did stick it out, but after 8 days of that smell i wont be back again. I also came down with a stomach bug after eating at the hotel and I was not the only guest to do so at the resort. This resort is in a great location and as i stated the staff are great especially Tim at the 2nd pool bar its a real shame for us because we really liked this hotel the first time. Just a tip for management, in the pool view rooms you supply a rack outside to dry things, once you put a couple of pairs of shorts and a few other small items there is nowhere to hang any towels bath or pool, most other rooms have the balcony railing. Because of the humidity it is very difficult to get things dried and laying them over the outside furniture does not work i would suggest a bigger rack or at least supply two of them.

Room Tip: Don't pay the extra money for pool access rooms when the pool view rooms are the same pools and...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vacationabroad
There are newer reviews for Banthai Beach Resort & Spa

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The Banthai was just what we wanted for our holiday in Phuket. The room we had was a good size with a king bed. We had the superior room which overlooks the pool. The alcohol in the mini bar was very affordable and was cheaper than purchasing at the swim up bar. The swim up bar was a great feature and the pool areas were perfect. We did notice the lack of young children at the resort which was exactly what a young couple like ourselves wanted. The hotel is located on the main beach front but down a small alley which is great as it eliminates the noise at night time but you are still right in the mix of everything and walking distance to just about everything. We didnt use a taxi or tuk tuk once. The breakfast was great with a mix of foods from all over the world to suit all travellers.. feeding the cats too was a bonus :) The only downside to the stay here was that the reception staff were very limited with their english speaking which made communication hard sometimes.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JessMTATravel
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Loved this place! I came a day later than friends and managed to by pass the over priced cabs at the airport by sharing with some other people. Of course we each got dropped off and I secrectly I wished I was the first to get dropped off (I was the last) just so everyone could see where I was staying! I was soo disappointed at all of their places and was hoping mine was not lying from the pictures!

Fortunately pics were correct it was SO nice! Grand entrance, everywhere very stylish and clean, loved the various pools and the bar girls were fab, asking to take pics with us loved them! It was nicely tucked back from the main road so not loud at all and w/o the litter that filled the main road so alot of spots too take pics for fb or insta ;) Plus was SO near to the strip of clubs which we took full advantage of !!!

Room was fine there were three of us so one slept on the sofa bed (opposite, just under the TV). The cleaning ladies were also fabulous! I'm a clean freak and the room was impeccable. I sometimes felt bad as being all girls, choosing outfits, hair and makeup in one room = a state but when we returned after long days of site seeing, eating and drinking it was always pristine with clothes folded :) Plus it was my freinds birthday so we informed the desk and she was suprised with a complementary cake and candles brought to the room and cute decoration spread on her bed! Also the gym was great! (had to keep up the bikini bods) wish the jacuzzi was cleaner however as would have loved to use it!

I would recommend not going to the lady in the lobby for day trips etc as there are always other people you can them from for much cheaper! One guy drove us to animal kingdom, and another place where we rode elephants, he waited for us to finish and drove us back for a v.cheap price (can't quite remember but was cheap!) And the taxi home was through him at a cheaper price than the hotel. But of course be careful who you are trusting!

Also if you need to make a phone call I was told at recepetion the room's phone wouldn't charge but it DID. Use the desk one I witnessed a man use it the day before but the lady I asked did not let me.

Will def be back but next time with the boyfriend x

Room Tip: Two single beds and a sofa-bed under TV. Was perfect for us 3 girls, however we did all have large s...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Miss_Cherise
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 7 nights (last week actually). Great location. Close to the major shopping center: Jungcyclon, Big C (supermarket) and Robinsons. Bangla Rd is a short stroll away. And cross the road after you walk out of the hotel is Patong Beach.

Staff were very helpful. Especially the white English speaking chap. Didn't get his name unfortunately. But he pointed out a couple of beaches and shopping centers to visit as they were of interest to us.

The toilet water levels were quite higher than Western ones. I learned that you need to flush twice in a row. Otherwise when you go to the toilet again its as if you never flushed the first time around!!

Overall, a great stay due to location and staff service levels. Couldn't fault anything else really.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed at the resort for 7 nights, the staff on arrival were welcoming and we were given a drink while we organised check-in. We upgraded to a pool room which was on the ground floor, overlooking the pool. The rooms were ok but were a bit smaller than we were expecting. There were 3 swim up pool bars and the bar staff were awesome. The breakfast was amazing and the staff were friendly. The gym was good, although it was a little warm in there (that was before the workout). The location was great, and there were restaurants and shops within the resort. Overall it was a great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed here in April, 2014 had a very nice time. Staff were more than helpful, room clean every day with fresh flowers. Breakfast was just fantastic with everything you could ask for and wonderful service. Room service was fast. Pool area clean and swim up pool is stocked well. Would highly recommend Banthai.

Room Tip: A room on the ground floor leading out to the pool
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Highly recommend BanThai Beach Resort & Spa for its lovely kind & welcoming staff, enjoyed the swim-up bars inside the pool, bar staff were very funny too.
Rooms were ideal & breakfast had a large variety & it has a beautiful lobby entrance.
Location was amazing, directly across the road from the beach & walking distance to dozens of surrounding restaurants & shopping at your door step, don't let that deter you thou as the hotel is hidden down a laneway guarded by security, so noise from surrounding nightlife is not heard.
i look forward to returning to Banthai in the future :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business