“The place to be if you love convenience”

Banthai Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #27 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Melbourne, Australia
“The place to be if you love convenience”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is our third times at the resort. As I mentioned on my previous post, “location, location, location”.

40 of us were staying here. Some of us staying longer than others and some of us came back for more than one. I have been organising booking for all of my friends. I am very happy with Reservation Manger, Ms Piyawan Jaikhan who was handling our bookings. Ms Piyawan has been very helpful and accommodating. Thanks Ms Piyawan.

The hotel staff made us feel welcome. They are very polite and helpful. We are very pleased with their services;
a. Bell boys always provide us with what we asked for
b. Housekeeper is very caring and thorough with her job.
c. Receptions are well manners.

The location of the resort is quite central on Patong beach, it is a short walk to anywhere in Patong for shopping, eatery places, bars or night clubs.

We were enjoy the Port. The Port is a hotel restaurant provides great breakfast, good dinner menu and fun bands. After a long day from touring, shopping, exhausting from bartering and dining, we stop by the Port for drinking and dancing before heading to bed.

My husband and I with six friends of ours stayed here twice on this visit. After we have done our road trip we came back and we got the room as we requested. We had such a great welcome back from staff. This is demonstrated that we are enjoying the resort.

One last thing, as I am originally from Phuket. I have got a lot of local friends and family visit me at the resort. I found that my visitors have no trouble with parking at the resort. Plenty of parking for them.

Personally, we are generally happy with the resort and their services. My husband and I would come back and stay here again.

Room Tip: Pool access on ground floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Saifon D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Gold Coast Australia
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Excellent location, walking distance to everything. As it located in the middle of Phuket it was easy to walk to Jungceylon, Bangla Road, Utop Markets and the beach was across the road. The staff were very helpful even though a lot of them could not speak English. We had a pool room where we could just walk out the door, across a little garden and in the pool. The only problem with that was even though we paid a higher rate for the pool access, we found that the pool chairs were not exclusive to us. The only other problem we had was the staff could not fix the airconditioning in our room. They had workmen in five days in a row to try and fix the freezing problem to no avail. Both my husband and I ended up with a nasal and throat virus and we were both sick for the ten days we were there. This was our sixth trip to Phuket and we have chosen a different hotel each time. This hotel is probably the best one we have stayed at. Apart from that, the food was great, the rooms were cleaned well each day and the location tops.

Room Tip: The pool rooms on the southern wing are quieter, sun in the pool all day long. If you want direct a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen J
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Loved staying at this resort, convenient location for shopping, eating and walking. Also across the road from Patong Beach. The three swim up bar pools were wonderful and it was a great way to relax. Our bartender was "Jump" who was very friendly and provided good advice for things to see and do. He also spoilt our son by providing him with lots of popcorn and made the best cocktails ever for me. "Coco" one of the manager's kindly organised tickets and transport for us to attend the Thai Boxing. We really appreciated his help. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Maybe pay extra for a pool side room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Mildura, Australia
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Banthai and would both agree that if we ever came back that we would stay here again!
Very beautiful hotel. away from the road but close enough to Bangla Road, but couldn't hear it at night. Walking distance to everything! We didn't have to catch a tuk tuk once!
The staff here are all so friendly! Always willing to have a chat. 3 swim up bars. Our bar tender was 'Jump'. Best guy ever! Only thing I was disappointed about was they didn't change our sheets once? Other than that small thing our room was cleaned daily!
I would suggest paying extra for a ground floor room where the pool is pretty much right outside your door.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank local27
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We enjoyed a very comfortable stay at Banthai early in July. Our superior rooms were on level two, which was actually the first level above the ground floor. If you want ground floor you have to book a higher rated room. The rooms were very pleasant with an attractive decor as well as useful sitting area. We loved the thick pool towels that were provided with the room and the beds were great.
Both the breakfast and meals at the restaurant were excellent.
We found the hotel quite noisy at night, probably due to the design of the foyer and we were very disappointed by the lack of free wifi given the rating of the resort.
The location, central but a little back from the main street was good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GJS4
Goldcoast Australia
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Just got home and all I can say is FANTASTIC ,The staff were great ,we stayed in 1115 .the pool bar staff were absolutely fantastic ,Leo ,R and Coco ,just so wonderful ,and nothing like fresh cut up fruit in the morning on our balcony by the pool ,and let me tell u the popcorn is yum ,will be back for water festival next year ,thanks guys you are the best .and not forgetting the security at the gates ,always offering their hand to shake and have a beautiful smile for us .THANK YOU BANTHAI

Room Tip: we had a pool access room ,my daughter had a superior room all clean and very comfortable
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank sunshinelover272
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I booked 4 nights at this hotel through Agoda the day before arrival. It was a pretty good deal for the room without breakfast.

The hotel felt like a 4 stars, but for some reason I thought it was officially 3 stars, in which case I figured it was excellent.

Now that I read it is supposed to be a 4 stars, I think it falls a bit short of expectations for 2 reasons.

1. No free wifi - not even in the lobby. Really? Even guest houses have free wifi these days.

2. The breakfast price is overrated considering the options available. Good thing it was 50% off, and I still think it was overpriced.

For everything else, it's a well maintained hotel in a good location and quite.

Stayed August 2014