“Couldn't aks for more”

Banthai Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #27 of 329 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 18 August 2010

First off, this is our third trip to Phuket. We have previously stayed at the Horizon and the Access Resort (both in Karon). We decided that the trip 'over the hill' each day was getting a bit old. We ususally spend most of our time in Patong so it made sense to stay there this visit.

I gotta say, I LOVED the Ban Thai. We stayed in a twin share room (rm 1110) that was five steps from the pool. It was not a huge room, but we do not spend too much time in our room anyway. The beds were not too hard - not as hard as the Horizon's anyway.

The room was well appointed and reletivly clean for a hotel. The first night our airconditioner was very loud. When we mentioned this to the reception staff the next morning it was fixed within an hour. The following morning someone popped by to make sure all was still okay.

The breafast selection was good...choices of Anglo, Japanese and Thai style foods.

One of the things that really sold me on the Ban Thai was the staff. They were always friendly and happy to oblige. Nothing was too much bother.

The Ban Thai is not the cheapest hotel, but I really enjoyed my stay there. We are planning a trip with friends (a couple) next June and will be going back to the Ban Thai.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 August 2010

I went to the Banthai with 2 of my best friends for 9 nights and we LOVED it. It was my first overseas trip, so had certain expectations, and was not disappointed at all. I would go again and have recommended this hotel to a couple I know who are going to Patong! We arrived close to midnight, but staff were there ready to greet us with the famous Thai hospitality. We were treated so wonderfully.

My only minor annoyance was that we asked for a room with 2 queen/double beds, as we had 3 people in the room, but we ended up with 2 single beds and a sofa type bed. We went to speak to reception about it before we unpacked anything and they said that WAS the 3 person room. They couldnt get us into another room as requested, a minor annoyance but it didnt stop or ruin the holiday at all.

The room was clean and modern, a little small for 3 people but honestly we didnt spend alot of time in the room, so it wasnt an issue. Our room had a view looking over 1 of the 3 pools, below us was a pool access room. I cant rave about the swim up bar enough! The staff were so friendly and funny, they make the best cocktails. The pool was rather quiet and relaxing, the busiest it got was about 20 or so people. No kids either. We did go in the low season so maybe that had something to do with it. The gym was great, sadly didnt try the spa services, but it looked beautiful!

The buffet breakfast was always very good, the egg chef who makes your eggs exactly how you want them was great. Fresh fruit, smoothies, juice, bacon eggs and even mashed potatos and stor fry lol. I loved breakfast. We never ate lunch or dinner at the buffet so I cant comment on that, we tried the restaurants around Patong.

The location was just perfect. Right in the centre of Patong, stumbling distance to the nightlife area of Bangla Rd. Very close to other great restaurants and bars, you dont need a tuk tuk, its all within walking distance.

I loved my stay here and will go again in a heart beat. I read some reviews here before I left and was worried as some didnt paint a nice picture, was VERY relieved to find it wasnt the case at all. Loved it.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank CheekyChops_xoxo
Reviewed 13 August 2010

This was our third stay at the Banthai. It is centrally located to everything and the pool rooms are great. Surrounded by alot of food outlets and easy to walk everywhere. We loved the staff in the restaurant where breakfast is served and also at their restaurants. Rooms are small but nice. Whilst most staff are great, their downfall is the front office staff who need to learn how to be customer focussed. They are rude and never helpful - remember this was our third visit! They never changed over the three visits even though there were diferent staff. They all need to carry out a customer relations course. We will never stay at this hotel again. Love Phuket and its people but will return to a different hotel which is a shame for Banthai.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ikt
Reviewed 13 August 2010

We stayed at the Banthai for 2 nights at the beginning of our honeymoon. It was in the centre of absolutely everything but also basically over the road from Patong beach, surrounded by restuarant options, shopping galore, the beach, bars etc. Yet somehow it was reasonably quiet in and around the resort. Breakfast provided many options and was nice enough, the breakfast room was quiet nice and well set out.

We had a deluxe pool room, nice but not worth the extra money really. Bed was a bit too hard for my liking...

Overall a neat, friendly, central resort - would recommend and stay again!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2010

This hotel is not far from the blanga street. Nice hotel although it has a bit age.

Pretty good service and value for money. Would be staying again during our next trip.

1  Thank KeithLim
Reviewed 6 August 2010

Stayed at ban thai for 7 days stayed in a deluxe room 1109. The room was spotless,plenty of room for us and all my wifes shopping. The pool was gorgeous, always clean. The breakfast was fantastic changing everyday, the staff were helpful and Jai the pool bartender was great! The resort is central to everything and only a few minutes walk to Bangla Road, close enough to stagger home. Cant fault this resort at all and cant wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Hi
Just back from Banthai. Found the hotel very ordinary considering a 4 star property. Stayed in superior room which was small. The wash basin was not in bathroom but rather outside the bathroom in the room. The bathroom also had a sewrage type smell.....Staff on reception limited english, difficult to communicate. Being 4 star l would expect their english be better considering amount of tourists. Nothing about the hotel made me feel like l was in thailand. I believe lacked any Thailand type ambience
Hotel good location, nice breafast.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple