“Good location, food ok”

Dining options: After-hours
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
“Good location, food ok”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Located at the top of bangla road, this is another french owned restaurant offering the usual Thai and western cuisine.

The menu was extensive, and the place was extremely busy.

That being said, the service was ok. Not brilliant, but certainly acceptable given the time of night.

We both ordered the french soup, followed by the steak.

The soup was delicious, with a garlic crouton and melted cheese. One of the best western soups I've had in Thailand.

The steak unfortunately was not so good. Cooked perfectly, however at £12, the quality of the meat was poor to say the least. Lots of sinue and fat which wasn't cooked off properly.

Nobody seemed overly bothered why I hadn't eaten much of my steak, and we were charged full price.

Not one to steer clear of, but again there are many better alternatives out there.

• Visited January 2014

• Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Waste of time, money and tastebuds”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Hey there customer, or should I call you punter, or perhaps let's just call you money. Come into my place. I'll serve you without a smile and I'll serve you rubbish. All you need to do is pay me my money and leave, because I've got another hundred like you coming in tonight. You ask for medium rare steak on a skewer and ill just give you what comes, in this case, a well done piece of leather. If you dont like it, I don't care, cos I've got more money coming in. See ya!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank krys_k
Geneva, Switzerland
“Awful awful awful”
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

The food here is awful, I was willing to eat western food and my wife was willing to eat thai, we made a previous mistake of eating thai in said to be westener cousine restaurant and we said never again but since i was eager to eat something westerner we decided to sit here. My wife ordered tom yam kum soup and thai style fried egg noodles with shrimp. Tom yam soup was below average with coconut milk or cream ( that should be stated as default is clear). However biggest surprise was the egg noodles. It was almost like soup which shouldnt be the case as it was only fried egg noodles and was prepared with sphagetti instead!!!!! They prepare noodles with spagetthi and they call themselves a bistro... What a shame, we just left eveyrthing on the table paid the bill and left, no one cared to ask what was wrong... We also noticed other table sitting next to us doing same... Go to the WOK instead which is right opposite of this place and is able to deliver what you see on the menu including thai and western food..

Visited December 2013
3 Thank UtQ
Singapore, Singapore
“A bit expensive but great Thai mixed international food”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We passed by and had lunch yesterday.
We ordered Thai red curry, Thai noodles, tom yum soup, grilled chicken. It was nice and delicious.
Spend 1200 baht for 4paxs. A little expensive but worth quality food!

• Visited December 2013
Perth, Australia
“Staff need to learn the value of customer service”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Went to this place for a late lunch with my partner around 2pm.there was only one couple eating here at the time and about 4-5 waitresses gathered near the counter talking instead of greeting us and offering us a table. After finally being noticed one waitress came over and simply gestured with her fingers if we were after a table for 2.. no hello and no smile. She then proceeded to give us our menus, which she pretty much chucked them on the table since mine literally fell on the floor before I could grab it. Even then she didn't pick it up or even apologise. Ordering was terrible with the same waitress. Not a single smile, didn't acknowledge in anyway that she got our orders and simply walked off after we ordered. At this point I was hoping the food would be decent. We ordered a chicken panini and the chicken breast. My chicken breast came out first. After about 3 mins I had to start eating since my food was getting cold. It took me about another 5-6 mins to finish eating and another minute or so after that before the chicken panini came out. Both meals were average at best. No other customers had come in and the waitresses were still chatting away. No one bothered to clear our table or ask how the meal was and I had to go back over to the counter for the bill. Had to deal with the same waitress again who to my disbelief gave me a nod for acknowledgement when I asked for the bill (the pinnacle of the customer service I recieved that day).

• Visited November 2013