“More than I expected”

Ranked #5 of 222 Speciality Lodging in Patong
Oradea, Romania
“More than I expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed at Troy from January 16 to January 27 in a single room. The room was cleaned everyday and the mini-fridge had at all times at least two bottles of water. I'm not sure how many hotels give you that. You also have the option of cleaning your laundry for 50bht/1kg of laundry. The staff is great. I befriended Alex, the manager. He's a great guy and he's very helpful at all times. The other members of the staff are mostly thai people, but they are great as well.

Currently, Alex is focusing on developing the restaurant part of the hotel so the guests will be able to have everything included in their journey. We tested some cocktails from the beverages menu and I can say they will be great as well. And the price beats most of the hotels nearby, if not all.

My room was 208 and it was near the stairs. Sometimes I heard some noises but I never had problems with sleeping. Anyways, just in case, ask for a room that is not near the stairs and you'll be just fine.

I know for sure that my next stay in Thailand will be at Troy especially because they are planning to expand and do the swimming pool and the fitness center into the future. I'm sure they will be great. Notice the avid use of the word "great". :)

Oh, and by the way. Internet quality is excellent. They have at least 3 wifi networks to connect to, so no matter the room in which you stay, you'll have powerful internet signal.

Here's a photo from the lobby, which is designed with a lot of taste.

Room Tip: ask for room not near the stairs. however, in the near future they will install elevators so there w...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank CristiVladZ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Hotel is new, everything is new, towel smell so fresh, rooms get clean even you put do not disturb sign out, haha... Bed lining is new and smell fresh!

One time they confiscate my hotel keychain that activate the room's electricity, I left it on while going out to buy beer! You know there's a proper way to inform a guest... When i came back I have to climb 5 stories high of stairs in 90degrees temperature. No elevator. Expecting a cool air in my room instead i have to go down again to ask for the keychain and they told me to wait upstairs, so i went up again to wait, finally the wife of the owner came up with the keychain and start giving me a lecture about how not to keep the power on, while my sweat was dripping down my forehead, I was very irritated that I gave her a piece of my mind, I paid for the room, electricity and water included, Not to mention because 2nd story room aircon doesn't work and the 3rd and the 4th too that's why i have to settle on the 5th. Also you can hear the loud banging of every guest room door closing of the whole building, from my first day to 9th day a 24 hours metal panel banging loud noise due to high wind directly above my room, I have to investigate myself on the roof and ask permission to secured the panel myself!!! 14 days I stayed there, the location is 20 mins to everywhere under the scorching sun, after just 3rd day I was sorry I booked this location

Room Tip: Really do ask for a room with working aircon
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Robertlong
Lausanne, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

I booked a 2 nights stay (via Booking.com) coming from Khao Lak and before heading back home.
Booking was fast and easy from my smart phone.

Unfortunately, I got stuck somewhere in the Adaman Sea and could not make the first night.
The hotel staff changed my booking to a 1 night reservation without a glitch !
This is just prime customer service.

The hotel is a bit off (not to far) from the crowed area which is what I was looking for as I needed the rest...

Room is clean but I would have liked a check under the bed.

No elevator is a discomfort when you have a big bag.
Overall, this is a good hotel, cheap and convenient.
Mini fridge is there for you with bottled water.
Cable TV is a plus.

Staff is friendly.

If you book a taxi via them, please ask for a big car. Not the guy in a Small Honda who thinks he is Michael Schumacher ! That guy is a road hazard !

Room Tip: Book a lower floor room if you have a big bag as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

We are group of 16 travelled to Phuket and stayed in Troy Guest House. The room was very clean as well the hotel. Their staff are nice and very helpful.
Really comfortable and it was real value for money.

Room Tip: very cheap if you compare with other 3 or 4 star hotel...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Malaga, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Lovely quiet room, huge king size bed, not expensive, but really important the stage were excellent as I was working in Patong & didn't get paid. They had a PayPal account through which my daughter was able to pay for my room & give me some cash before my flight home. I was there alone & felt in good hands. Really enjoyed my stay, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from road
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Orebro, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Lovely, comfortable hotel for a reasonable price. I paid for a single room and ended up being upgraded to a huge king bed. Really comfortable so I had a great nights sleep. Clean room. 3 bottles of water provided. Small fridge useful for storing food. Great pressure in the shower.
The reception staff were friendly and helpful at giving me directions around town.
It is about 10 minutes walk to the beach and 10-15 minutes walk to Bangla Road. I didn't mind the distance as I enjoy walking and the walk took me past loads of other shops and markets. It is also quieter at night

Room Tip: No elevator so ask for a room on the lower level if you struggle with stairs or have super heavy bag...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Stayed at the Troy Guest house on our arrival in Patong. at first it wasnt what we expected, but for a 3* it was real value for money. Hotel is clean and the staff is exceptional. English speaking and extremely polite. Rooms are basic, big comfortable beds, no problems, everything worked, nd the staff are very helpful regardless of the hour. Tours, taxis etc can be booked from reception. Although i would advise that at first it seems far from Junceylon shopping mall and the beach to walk but its actually not. Taxis charge 200baht to go anywhere in Patong and when we first decided to walk, we were given a map and chose to turn left at the hotel entrance, big mistake! Lots to see, but almost 45mins walk. Yet if u turn right, its a 8min walk to junceylon and 12min to the beach. Lots on offer but u must bargain eg. A tshirt starts off at 550baht nd if u bargain, u can get it at 70baht!

Room Tip: Front facing rooms are always better, bigger balconies. Most of the hotels here dont have shower cur...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple