“Value for money”

Ranked #174 of 321 Hotels in Patong
Singapore, Singapore
“Value for money”
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Nothing great about this hotel.
Clean room and clean bedsheets are good enough for me.
We stayed for 3 nights and no complaints.
Breakfast was OK and staff speak little english.
We were very occupied with activities and so this hotel was perfect to come back after a long day and crash.
Walking distance to patong beach and to shopping places and you may find good seafood restaurants, from fine dining to street hawkers.
I wouldnt mind going there again as it isnt expensive.

Room Tip: Any room will do. Does not matter, Just remember to keep your balcony closed at all time to prevent...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Naeema28

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Got this hotel at a good price. Expected our room to be similar to rooms shown on website, which it was not. Still, it was clean and comfortable and all items functioned, especially the fridge. The breakfast was sufficient and the staff very helpful and friendly. It is very quiet at this hotel, away from the noise of the city.
The pool area is nice and food and drink are available from the pool bar. There is a small shop just outside the hotel entrance to the right if you need anything.
Town is a short walk away. Instead of hiring a Tuc-Tuc, rent a scooter for a week. It will work out cheaper, even if you don't use it every day.
At the bottom of the road on the right hand side, there is a pharmacy and a travel/tour agent. Great prices for tours, but haggle for the best price. If going to Phi-Phi, use a speedboat tour. You don't want to spend half the day getting there!
WE'LL be back in Patong for sure...

Room Tip: Watch room price with room quality. Sea facing rooms overlooking pool are pricy. You do NOT want to...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Roger V
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Get this right - You can't expect heaven if you're not paying heavenly amounts.

The room rents are not that high... and therefore you're bound to have complaints. So, your staying here depends just on your priorities.

Here are a few points that should help you:
- The location is quiet and right by the beach. Your beach is 30 seconds of walk at the max.
- The breakfast is kind of... decent. Good number of options to eat... plus the juices. Not many great options for vegetarians (but we found that to be the case everywhere in Thailand).
- Right next to the hotel are a very useful convenience store, a massage parlor (decent decent), and a travel agent (Exit Tours) that can do your bookings. All these within a minute of walk. Very helpful I say.
- I can't say I found the staff to be very friendly. There were communication problems as well.
- The inexpensive rooms weren't that great... but again, remember 'value for money'.
- The hotel is AWAY from the main happening area (Patong market, Bangla road etc). You definitely cannot walk the distance. Tuktuks will charge you 200 BHTs for dropping (non bargainable 9 out of 10 times). I hated paying that money.

Next - here are my Tips if you do decide to stay here:
- Don't take any meals except breakfast (that too, when it's in your package) from the hotel. There are amazing eating places in Patong.
- Must must must hire a scooty. You get scooties for rent and that is THE mode of travel. You will find decent parking in the hotel. Just hire one for the extent of your stay and enjoy being independent. That way, you also get rid of your tuktuk expenses.
- You must take daily tours from the local travel agent next to the hotel. I think there's a sweet lady called Pim.. and just bargain with her. She gave us very decent deals. DO NOT go by the prices on the flyer. And yeah, there are unlimited options for daily tours. My favorite ones were sea canoe and phi phi island. Don't miss Sea Canoe at any cost.
- Buy your alcohol from the convenience store next to the hotel.
- Don't just accept the room the hotel gives you. Surprisingly, you will find better rooms that they offer (in the same category). Keep your luggage in the lobby and just look at the rooms they have first. Do not take a back facing room. Prefer a pool facing one. Also, check with them about the upgrade options. But - just CHECK out the rooms first.
- If you are bent on swimming, do check with them beforehand if the pools are operational.
- When you walk to the beach, you will find many locals operating banana boats, para gliding etc. Thugs of the highest order! You must bargain with them because they quote a very high price to begin with. Also, if you are going for the banana boat, remember that they WILL tip you over... and spectacles don't float on water :) I lost a pair there.

So! If you realize, it's not about the hotel but the things you could do while staying there. Oh yes, if you are going to Phuket, don't forget to visit the Bangla road at night. Amazing fun!

Please hit YES if the review helps you.

Room Tip: Do not accept the room they offer. Walk around and choose your room.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
19 Thank Kshitij K
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I stayed at this property in April/May 2012 and finally got the time to post my comments. Despite all the other comments that you might read on this site, I still think that it is tremendous good value for the money you pay. The hotel is located in a peacefull environment a short walk away from the buzz of Patong shopping, bussiness centre, and beaches and located in an peacefull environment surrounded by beautiful palm trees. You certainly get what you pay for and this should make perfect sense to anyone. Choose the cheaper rooms overlooking the main pool area and you certainly going to get one of the older rooms, opt to pay 1000 THB more and you will be able to get yourself a Delux Room with top end interior and, finishes and bathroom, overlooking the most beautiful and rather large plunge/swimming pool build on different levels - Really beautiful!!! The staff were both friendly and pleasant at all times without any failure. The breakfast served each morning were different each morning(I stayed there for 10 days) cereals, fresh fruits, chicken, meat, fried rice or noodles with either pork, prawns or chicken, pancakes, flap jacks, juice selection, sausauges, and coffee and tea, more than what I needed.

I dont know why everyone complain about internet. For the price you pay at this hotel for room and breakfast, certainly you should not expect internet to be included. There are many hotels in Phuket where internet would be included but then it would be those where you would pay triple the price for accomodation.

I made a reservation via the internet prior to my arrival. This was a smooth and easty process and recieved confirmation of my booking within minutes and even an email from the hotel. I requested information several times, also prior to my arrival, on which they very promptly responded each time.

I would not reccoment the airport transfer of the hotel, as this is very expensive, and there are shuttles fromt he airport which cost absolutely almost nothing, and they drop you on the doorstep of the Pathong Lodge Hotel. This is a very busy shuttle service and I find that almost everyone makes use of this service when travelling to Phuket. You can expect to wait for 30 - 45 min at the airport untill the shuttle fills up, and even though I had been very tired after 28 hours of travelling to get to Phuket, the though of being able to have 6 great meals with the money I save on transport, was worht it!!

On arrival I did not like the room that I had booked, and not because there had been anything specific wrong with this room. I was just not to my liking. Reservations showed me their other rooms and allowed me to upgrade to Delux room for additional cost. The delux rooms are in a complete different wing and seperate wing of the hotel and absolutely "Stunning" beautiful, the 10 days seemed like I had my own quarters overlooking lush vegetations and beauty, a short walk from the breakfat restaurant.

For 300 THB per day I was also able to rent a scooter/motorbike. The hotel is situated in a pretty, almost cute area with lots of little restaurants, small beaches, street food.

I would defiantely go back to this hotel without any doubt and cannot wait for my next visit.

Again - Staff very friendly and helpfull and we shared several good conversations, laughs, and front office staff, housekeeping, restaurant attendants all helped making my stay very pleasant and memorable.

Bernard Steyn
South Africa

Room Tip: Deluxe Rooms are quieter and in a seperate wing, newly build and refurbished with top finishes, very...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Bernard S
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2012

fantastic staff and room. toot toot rank out front easy to get to main shopping street. great value for money.

Room Tip: basic rooms are only basic worth it to upgrade.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Pete W
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We made the mistake of staying here...
The car trip from the airport, broke down, and the driver did not smile once..3 women 3 suitcases crammed into a little car, not very pleasing!
The sheets where grey and stained, my bed had hair in it..the staff where not happy when asked to change the sheets.
The pool was slippery and the safety rail was about to fall off..
Never saw any security at the gate, no-one spoke English...
The laundry was a complete mix up as i got someone else's socks!
Had to pay for safety deposit box.
No tea/coffee facilities in room, when asked for some,and finally got someone who understood,We where told we had to buy coffee from them... I've never stayed in a hotel room without tea/coffee facilities...
the bath had horrible stains in it...and the shower rose must be made for midgets.
We had to walk up a steep hill to our room, which passed an awful smell which was near the office/kitchen
No, Non smoking eating areas... had to eat where people where smoking... that was awful
Do not stay here!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank louisa p

Travellers are raving about these Patong hotels

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 31 January 2012

My friend and I stayed here for 9 days. Our first disappointment was internet access, it wasn't free at all. There were 3 computers in the lobby with internet access and wi-fi, nothing free, the price for 30 minutes was 80 THB, while a lot of hotels provide free internet access and free wi-fi. In-room safety box was not free and it is locked by key not by number code. My friend and I used one of our suitcases as a safety box cause it had a good lock, one day we came home and found out the lock on our suitcase was broken, somebody came to our room and tried to rob us!!! Nothing was missing fortunately, but when we asked staff at the reception how could it happen - there were no answer at all, they just ignored us. If you don't want to ruin your vacation go to another place!

Room Tip: There is no view for almost all types of rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends