I stayed at Thara Patong for the first time with my wife. Booked through my company’s travel agent, It was reviewed and categorized as almost a 5star hotel but upon reaching there we came to know it was not. It would be near to 4star category only.
The plus point of this hotel is, it is located very close to the local market, the Patong beach and the party street Bangla Road.
We were late when we reached hotel as there was some goofup at the airport pickup and some accident happened at entry road of Phuket. However the taxi driver was nice and polite and made us comfortable. Thara Patong’s staff was good and receptive, not very classy or so, it offers simple living with comfortable rooms. We had our room closer to the back gate which opened to beach and the Bangla road.(closes down by midnight)
The balcony opens up to the pool area, but not a view which you would expect. We were not in the room for evenings and were outside so not much idea if there were some dance or music during dinner time. And forgot to mention, they charge 75THB for ice to be served in the room.
The breakfast was pretty average, not the type we had on our whole trip. The service staff was below average and once during breakfast when one of the guests asked for spoon, the waiter took it from our table and gave it away while my wife was at the table and I was waiting at omelets counter.
The only good thing about the hotel is proximity to the market, which made almost every item accessible. Most of our refreshments and occasional drinks came from seven-eleven. Its an average hotel and I would recommend if you are looking for a decent hotel with closeness to major attractions esp Patong area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa is prominently situated on Patong Beach offering a superb combination of service, value for money and location. It is just a short stroll to the Beach, the bustling shopping and nightlife areas. It is approximately 42 km. to Phuket International Airport (about 55 minutes drive) and about 30 minutes drive to Phuket Town. The Resort offers 180 accommodate rooms in Superior, Deluxe, Premier, Premier Pool Access, One/Two Bedroom Suite and Grand Tamarind Suite; each room looks out on the serenity of the tropical gardens and pools from their private balcony. All rooms are fully furnished with finest materials and facilities include satellite TV, IDD telephone, mini bar, hair dryer and Wi-Fi internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thara Patong Beach Hotel Patong
- Thara Patong Beach Resort And Spa
- Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa Phuket