“Little hotel, but best price for beach front”

Patong Bay Garden Resort
Ranked #197 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Small Resort at patong beach, directly beach front... very friendly People, excellent Service. The room, take care and choose one on the street side if you don't have balcony, because the rooms are bigger (bathroom).

The rooms are clean and have all comfort you Need. Big bag for take beach towels, flip Flops for use.

The breakfast you have also good Thai Food, not only european Food... you get vouchers for welcome drink, 20% of Restaurant and voucher for using beach chair for free...

Ideal to move in patong Walking. Is nearly Walking street and Shopping Center...

really great and recommedable for everyone that like beach front but also be inside nightlife...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dude_Don

Reviewed 12 September 2013

My wife and I spend two nights at this hotel and for a short stay it was perfect. Sitting at the beach bar, it was fun to witness the multitude of activities on the sand just below. By low tide the beautiful beach is unfortunately spoiled by heaps of litter. With the mega money generated by tourism some of this revenue could be spent to better clean up this unsightly mess.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fred P
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My first impression of this delightful hotel was amazing ! I was greeted with warmth and hospitality immediately and the staff was eager to help me with all of my needs at anytime during my stay. The hotel is located a short walk from Bangla Road which was extremely convenient to all the nightlife and food vendors. I chose a room on the beach which was an excellent choice !!! THe room was paradise i every sense of the word, big, clean, with plenty of electrical outlets for all of my gadgets. I was able to open my door to massage tables right on the beach. The pool was very large with a smaller pool a bit warmer in temperature. The included breakfast had everything one could ask for : ) After booking the beach room for 5 days I decided to stay here for the duration of my stay in Phuket. I was upgraded at no addition cost to a suite overlooking the pool and beach. THe staff is what truly made the stay here a dream they were very attentive to all my needs at any hour of my request. The value for the money can't be matched in my opinion if you desire quiet, comfort and close proximity to Bangla Road. From now on i will always book my stays in Phuket exclusively with this outstanding Hotel... thank you very much for meeting and exceeding my needs while staying in Phuket !!!

Kirk from Vegas

Room Tip: Just ask and I'm sure they will accommodate your every request
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kirk L
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stay in the Studio right on the beach and it was magic. The room is old style but very comfortable. You can see the beach and sea from the bed, hear the surf at night, it was great, so peaceful. And then just go out on the front of the hotel and you are straight into the action of Patong. We loved it.

Room Tip: The studio right on the beach are fantastic
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Positives: Proximity to the beach and the shopping.

Negatives: Practically everything else. Junior Suite needs badly renovating, gaps in French Windows mean mosquitoes and other insects easily get into the room.

The staff at breakfast on my firtst morning has the worst attitudes I have ever experienced in a hotel in all of my years of travelling. SIX members of staff stood around doing nothing but chatting and texting on their phones. No staff members offered to pour tea or coffee. When I went to the egg station and ordered 2 fried eggs sunny-side up it was as if I had disturbed their day. The utter abomination of smashed/broken/burnt fried eggs I immediately sent back. The second attempt was no better and the staff were now scowling at me. A 'Chef' appeared and I asked her to cook the same, showing pictures that they politely put on the egg station so communication was easy. What this miserable, dour chef presented to me was worse than the two atrtempts of the waiter and she treated my complaining that this was not fried eggs anything like the picture, as a personal afront to her cooking - which of course it was a valid complaint. Eventually, she cooked something approximating what I wanted, 4th time lucky. For the two remaining mornings where I went to breakfast, I was treated to scowls and rude/ignorant behaviour.

The remainder of the staff; housekeeping spoke no English and were unhelpful, did not clean the rooms properly and were miserable. I telephoned housekeeping once and was told "I no speak English, call reception' and the phone was put down on me.

I stayed here 6 years ago with my wife and it was okay - now I would never stay in this hotel again if it was free.

Absolutely horrendous experience and my complaining email to the General Manager, after I left, was never even answered.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank AdrianShanghai
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Travelled with my adult daughter and we had a ball, had separate rooms that are very spacious. Breakfast was included. Only thing I missed is my coffee. Although Starbucks is walking distance. Staff are very friendly

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My stay at Patong Bay is really good. Most of the staff are friendly .... there are just 1 or 2 who is not that friendly.... but I guess you cannot win them all......but the location of the hotel is really really good. Just a few steps to the beach.... and just a 2 minutes walks to all the nightlife and shopping.

The rooms are okey... though it might help to have a bit of "cosmetic surgery".

The massage lady near the beach "Pong" was really good... and so with the boys who are renting the sundecks.... they are very friendly and very attentive.

This hotel is realy superb due to location, location, location.

Room Tip: Book a Junior Suite or the Andaman Studio... you might pay a bit more but it's all worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo