I will try to be as fair as possible. I booked the superior room and requested high floor. The superior room at 1st floor are correct but really in front of the pool so it can be a bit noisy and not so private. They brought me to a 1st floor superior room that doesnt look like the pictures at all. It was terrible and had view on... the stairs!!! there were noway I would stay in that bedroom for a week. I went to the reception to complain and they offered me to upgrade me to the deluxe city. it was bigger but as terrible and with cockroach. the worse was the noise! they sell it as a better value than superior room, DO NOT TAKE THE CITY VIEW ROOM. Then I complained again to have the deluxe balcony but they wanted me to top up. I dont find it very commercial but let's admit this is their policy. What I would call a scam, is that there were discount on their website that brought the deluxe balcony at the same price that I paid for the superior. They did exactly the same with 2 tourists that I bumped in the lobby...
The deluxe balcony room is quite nice, the bathroom is very basic but acceptable. The last day I had late flight so they offer late checkin but guess what? you stiil have to pay. And it's never the same price according to who you ask to. Moreover, when I left the hotel was empty..... I understand they have to make money, but they never do any single commercial gesture especially for long stay customers, in low season, in empty hotel. This is really too bad because the hotel by itself is quite nice, the restaurant is beachfront and quite good. A little bit overpriced for thailand but still OK.
As a conclusion, if you decide to go to the hotel, dont take rooms below deluxe balcony.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jewel Within A Jewel!The delightful Patong Bay Garden Resort is a family owned and operated hotel located directly on the shimmering white sands of the world famous Patong Bay, Phuket. Known as the Jewel of the Andaman Sea, Phuket is a world class destination offering a dynamic and vibrant holiday in one of Asia's premier locations. As one of a select few hotels with direct access to the beautiful beach, the Patong Bay Garden resort is an ideal destination for those seeking a relaxing holiday of Sun, Sand and Sea, truly a jewel within a jewel!The Resort offers a full range of facilities and activities which blend seamlessly with the renowned Thai charm and hospitality to ensure a peaceful and memorable stay The 71 charming and affordable rooms offer a range of categories and styles to meet the varied requirements of modern international travelers, both families and couples alike, in a captivating and welcoming setting.Away from the beach, the location of the Resort offers easy, unhindered access to all the shopping, dining and entertainment areas which make Patong such a popular holiday destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Patong Bay Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Patong Bay Garden Hotel Patong
- Patong Bay Garden Resort Phuket