“Liked the location”

Hyton Leelavadee Phuket
Ranked #204 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I stayed at the Hyton for 8 nights recently on my first trip to Phuket with two friends and we shared a family room. We're all fairly easy going so weren't too concerned with how noisy it was on a couple of nights as our room was the closest to the cafe. The location is good - just around the corner from the beach and a flat walk. The breakfast was fine - no complaints, nothing special. There were two things that the three of us found difficult - 1. the beds were like laying on a slab and 2. it was draining to try and convey any issues with the staff as no one speaks English or their level of English is so poor that no amount of paraphrasing helped. Regardless, given the location, I'd stay there again "if nothing else was available".

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank RhondaElizabeth

Reviewed 13 February 2012

We were attracted to the hotel by a discounted walk-in rate, initially only for one night. However after comparing with others locally, everywhere else was a lot more expensive, albeit perhaps with better quality rooms. Its located about 5 mins from the beach, and there are many eating & drinking options on the doorstep.

The staff were friendly & helpful and the rooms were cleaned to an acceptable level. The hotel grounds were kept clean, although a major pruning of the palm trees took place while were there, and it took at least 24 hours to clear the debris from the paths. However the result certainly improved things, in making the grounds more light & airy.

We were unfortunate to have rooms close to the new hotel being built next door, and while I realise the Hyton was powerless to stop the noise, I would warn guests who sleep late, to insist on rooms closer the pool.

The only sour point of my stay was that after a renting a scooter from the hotel, when checking out, they decided there were new scratches on the underside of the motorbike. Clearly, this was not noted when I rented the bike, but during checkout, and with an airport taxi waiting, I was under pressure to get this settled. They wanted an arbitrary 1000 bht, but finally accepted an offer of 500 - had I have continued arguing, I would have missed my flight ! Of course, all other previous damage on the scooter had not been repaired, so I wonder where the 500 Bht went !!

Room Tip: Go for rooms around the pool, and as far away from the new hotel being built on the main road.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Russ-McD
Reviewed 2 February 2012

The hotel is in an ok location for walking around, but it lacks any true 'hospiality'. The rooms were clean, but we always had to ask for towels to be changed etc. The swimming pool was nice, and the pool bar was a bonus. If you haven't yet booked I'd certainly look around as there's far nicer hotels for slightly more, if you have already booked there's nothing to fear, it just didn't quite tick all of the boxes.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Keith S
Reviewed 25 June 2011

The hotel itself is in a more quiet part of Patong beach but is a garden hotel in a tropical climate (lots of mosquitos which can carry denge or malaria). I has a nice pool and a decent pool side bar.
The rooms are decent enough, and decently clean but the smeared blood of dead mosquitos on the walls from previous guests kinda put me off a bit. The hot water was more lukewarm (when it wasnt outright cold) but the beds were comfortable. The paid internet service in the lobby was cheap, but didnt really work. After spending my 100 bhat I eventually just turned the computer off and walked away. After logging in to my email I couldnt even log out because the computer kept freezing up.
It is also in an area that seems to have more than its fair share of arabs, who always seem to misbehave when outside of their own prison-like countries. I cant count how many times I had to phone the front desk from our arab neighbors for playing their music and shouting all night long. The breakfast was pretty basic, but was good and boasted all the staples (including ham) but unfortunately no pork bacon. But its not the Sheriton, so you get what you pay for.
Some travellers may find this place ok, but there are many other hotels in Phuket (even in Patong) that are much more enjoyable.

Room Tip: They are all about the same
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Hanerman
Reviewed 11 January 2011

My wife and I stayed here for one night, only because we could not get out of staying here one less time. The staff were lukewarm at reception but bell boy was nice, booking in was fine, was showed first room and it was dark, old rundown and very very smelly, It smelled like blocked up sewage, bell boy said it would guest before us ( no way ) so he upgraded us to best room type in the hotel ( which is what I paid for anyway Grrr ) that was old tired but not smelly. We just shifted from Blue Ocean Hotel ( super nice ) so my wife was not happy with drop in standard so, I asked if we could get out of staying here. They kindly said they would change our booking to just one night and we could leave in the Morning. We went back to room 403 at Blue Ocean. Breakfast was better then OK but the staff were grumpy and not interested. For the money very bad choice in patong area. Would suit unaware first time traveller who know no better. Pool area did look nice

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank greggynewzeland
Reviewed 18 August 2010

Great hotel and value for money!! Staff were really nice and helpful, room was nice and big and very clean!! location was good as it was a little bit out of the mix, so quiet but close enough walk to ammenities!

2  Thank NewZealandVman
Reviewed 13 June 2010

This hotel was ok. The room had Tv and a fridge, also a safe and a private verandah overlooking the large pool, which was excellent and had a pool-side bar. t also had a kettle with free tea,coffee and bottled water. It was a bit pricey at 1500 Baht per night, though I paid at Bangkok Airport for the booking and may have paid over the odds. The hotel will take you to Phuket Airport in their plush Mini-bus for 750 Baht. The rooms have those irritating card keys that shut the electricity down when you go out, so the air-con goes off. Upon your return the rooms smells very damp. I would recommend this hotel, just, though it's about 20 minute walk to Walking Street, but only a 5 minute walk to the beach. It's not bad. please remember that Patong is noticably more expensive for food/drink etc in Patong than Pattaya. It's also hotter and more humid.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple