“good hotel, good service, good location, but bit expensive like everywhere in patong”

Deevana Patong Resort & Spa
Ranked #11 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 19 February 2012

+: location close to the hearts of the city, but quiet place. Service is very good and helpful
-: price is not cheap, rooms need to be refreshed (I mean modern style, NOT because it is old and dirty)
= I will stay there again as I really liked it if the price is not too expensive when I book (for me the problem is more on the "value", as price is high and room is just "good", but like many places in Patong. At least, here you will not be disappointed which is important when spending holidays!

I stayed there only 2 nights but this is far the best hotel on the 3 I stayed in Patong.
The service is good and the location perfect as you are close to many attractions of the city by walk distance AND far from the noise as the hotel is at the end of a street.

I stayed 1 night in a Standard room garden wing => ok, but I think a bit expensive for what it is as it has no bathtub for the price asked!
I stayed 1 night in a superior room, spa wing (with pool side and private jacuzzi) => much better, but also more expensive.

Overall: the rooms have good maintenance and are not old, but I think it is not modern style (expecially the bathroom).

Look to my other review, you will obtain other info on other hotels depending your needs

Room Tip: prefer spa wing try the restaurant along the street just in front of the hotel street with their se...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank ehlstudent
Write a ReviewReviews (4,017)

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights in Feb 2012. The resort was really beautiful and huge, with 2 big pool at the main building. We stayed at the Garden wing and it was quite a bit of walk from the Reception but it's ok it's quiet and we had our privacy. The room was good with sufficient amenities, toiletries etc. The room also come with bedroom slippers, umbrella, environmental bag which can be conveniently used to bring some personal necessity ie bath towels to the beach. Everyday we get 2 bottles of mineral water. The TV channels were great with all the international varieties such as MTV, HBO etc. Minor thing about the room was the A/C grill was not adjustable so we need to manually move it. Also it was unfortunate that on our last day there were no electricity from 9am onward for more than 4-5 hours. There was only a letter of notification in the room but there we no effort to make the guests feel better ie any form of compensation ie hospitality room for drinks etc.
In terms of service, the Managerial level seems to be very tense and not so friendly. I believe the hotel are very busy, and that may be root cause of their unfriendliness whenever a request was brought up. This is very sad as Thai is well known for their warm and hospitality which I don't find it here. The rank and file on the other hand may be lack of fluency in English but are more helpful and friendly.
The breakfast has great varieties with both Western and Asian cuisine. Another area for improvement was the staff switched off the fan/lights at 1030am sharp regardless if you are done with your breakfast - that was rude, in a way to chase you away from the breakfast area.
Spa - I didn't try the spa in the hotel , but there was one right outside the hotel called The Oriental Spa (belongs to the same owner) has a more reasonable price. The hotel gave us a THB200 discount voucher which is worth the price. We had a great 2 hours oil massage with scrub cost about THB 900 , it might be more costly then those by the street but you will enjoy a better environment. There was another facial salon Hanako , we didn't try but I believe is worth for paying THB350 for a facial.
There are many nice mobile food stall parked outside the hotel eg the Pancake lady who was indeed very friendly and we can't resist but to have that as dessert every night. Then there was another uncle who sell some local food ie Pad Thai, Tom Yum goong, etc which was so yummy and only cost less than THB200 for 4 dishes.
As for tours there is a travel agent across the street from the main road of the hotel right around the corner of a resort which was leading to the Beach called Santi Tours - they are not pushy and recommend only the best worth trying.
Patong beach is still beautiful and are not as polluted as what others comment.
I like the hotel very much but the service may deter me from returning.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank tulipanmorado
Reviewed 18 February 2012

At first Deevana seemed to be an awful resort! Firstly, our spa wing room was absolutely FILTHY and the worst possible room in terms of view (tucked off to the side). The walls looked like somebody had spilt coffee on them (they were covered in a sticky brown substance), there were brown stains on cushions and on the seats, bird poo all over the balcony as well as unsightly permanent huge black stains all over the floor. We complained to reception about the quality of the room and they told us they could not do anything, as there was full occupancy. They told us to wait as they'd send up cleaners. A little later however, they told us we have been moved to a better room. The new room was much better and very clean. At least we were moved!
Cleanliness of this hotel was a small problem. A guest had left their room service glass bowl of ice cream (uneaten, and melted) outside their room in the corridor and I tripped on it, spilling the ice cream everywhere. I was out for the entire day, and when I came back, only the ice cream bowl was taken, but spilt ice cream still remained all over the floor and wall!! this ice cream stayed there for about 2 days!! Uncleaned!! Also, the first day nobody cleaned our room :S
After the shaky beginning however, the hotel vastly improved. Free wifi, friendly staff, gorgeous "resident" cat at reception, AMAZING buffet breakfast with such a huge variety, great and relaxing pool, good location and quiet and a fitness room (although the weight machine is useless as it is not working properly). I would stay here again but it was frustrating that the cleanliness let this place down so much!! I would have given it 5/5 if not for such issues.

Room Tip: Spa wing appears nicer.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 February 2012

While we were in Phuket Island we stayed in 3 different hotels and this was by far my favorite! I would've liked to stay longer but there weren't any rooms available. The location is convenient and is just a short walk from Patong Beach, the mall, the bar and club area, yet tucked away enough to avoid all the noise. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms were very comfortable and updated, the pool was nice, the breakfast was buffet style and included many different and delicious options. I have nothing bad to say except my visit was too short!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2012

If you like cats your set! We reckon the cats keep all the rats and bugs away.. Which is handy! The resort is pretty big.. Luckily my garden room was close to the kitchen.. Breakfast was really good.. Service and staff were very friendly and helpful.. Always filling up your coffee mug if you needed. Pools were nice, pool bar was awesome... Happy hour in the pool bar was very good..
Rooms were clean enough.. Plenty of room.. Small rooms but when it was hot they cooled down really quickly..
Really close to the shops.. Always go see the lady just out the front selling banana pancakes.. She is really nice!!
Overall.. Very good!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Gwig10
Reviewed 4 February 2012

The location close to the main market and few minutes walk from the Patong beach to the hotel. We were stayed at the resort garden at the behind so very quite and peaceful but most of mosquito. Breakfast from the hotel was good and various choice. The staffs were very helpful and very nice. I recommend who going to visit Patong, Phuket for next vacation. Good value of money.

Room Tip: Better to stay at the main building in front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2012

deevana patong is just opposite main bangla road & in the market...a spectacular hotel...staff was so helpful..always smiling....we reached early...they even gave an option for early check in....just outside the hotel in evening their is a girl name "AOY" who makes awesome pancakes for only 50 baht...recommended that you should stay in superior spa wing.People at reception,f&b were awesome.easily accessible tuk tuk or taxi in front of hotel...will definitely stay again

Room Tip: only pitch for superior spa wing
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family